Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magnet orientation on cdrom laser focusing lens

Hello,

I have a Sony digital camera that has a lens assembly similar to that found in a cdrom, and I am unable to determine which way to put the magnets back inside. Each magnet has a red stripe in the corner, I just am at a loss as to how to put them back.

If anyone has a cdrom that is toast, or if anyone knows, are the magnets that are in proximity to the coil the same pole? Or is one facing north and the other south?

This has been my post on other forums:

Gentlemen, I had the lens assembly properly assembled. There was a rotary optical pulse generator inside the transmission that I had missed. Once I put it on the shaft it worked fine. It seemed as if it were a sensor issue. Now I have another problem.
    There is a voice coil motor that operates a focusing lens similar to that of a CDrom.

I took it apart for cleaning and did not observe the polarity of the magnets in it.

The magnets each have a red stripe on one corner.

Can anyone help me with this??

Please see the pictures below:

The focusing assembly with magnet cover on:

The back of the assembly with two sensors of some kind:

Here is the assembly without the copper cover, showing the metal backing plates for the magnets:

Here is a picture of the red stripe. I apologize for the quality, this is the reason I need the DSC-H1!

Working...
X