X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifing a lost cap in a Kingstonkvr266x64c25/256

Hello, I need to identify this lost cap,to fix this memory module:
    Kingston Value Memory : kvr266x64c25/256
    Does anybody know its electrical specifications?It was like the one on the right upper corner.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Identifing a lost cap in a Kingstonkvr266x64c25/256

On a similar* chip, I get 7.6uF. It also reads the same as the one in the right upper corner.

*Identical in layout. Different manufacturer and RAM value.
    veritas odium parit

Comment

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
      I sent an email to Kingston asking for help identifying this capacitor:

" I need to know the capacitance to repair this capacitor that was lost, in this module. Can you give information about this capacitor, to fix this module? Thanks in advance."

And guest the answer:

Dear .....
      Thank you for contacting Kingston Technology.
      Please notice that we can't give you that information.
      Kind regards.
      Jan Muenster
      Kingston Technology
      European Technical Support
      Email: EU_Technical@kingston-technology.com

I cann´t believe it. Are we talking about top secret information? Every memory module of this kind has this caps.

At least, they called me Dear...

Anyway, I´ve just found this little cap inside my bag, so, I don´t need Kingston´s help anymore. I don´t want to put into risk the National Security because of a little piece of ceramic.
      Thanks
      Last edited by blackrider1; 10-11-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Thank Toasty, I,ve just seen your post. I found it but good to know somebody doesn´t care about National Security and tries to help us.

7.6uF? OK. I´ll write it down and keep it for future repairs.
        THanks again

Comment

>>Are we talking about top secret information?<<

In fact, yes we/they are. EVERY manufacturer has items which it considers to be proprietary. In essence "top secret" or "classified" not to be divulged to the public.

Kingston is also avoiding any liability here. If they gave you the info and you went and replaced it then your computer's motherboard shorted out, you might be suing them for damages. Besides, you are talking about a $15 RAM chip here. How much effort and money do you want to expend to find the right part?

Toast
          veritas odium parit

Comment

Directly from Kingston

http://www.kingston.com/company/warranty.asp

....KINGSTON TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, INC. ("Kingston") warrants to the original end user customer of its products specified below that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship.....

...Product Lifetime Warranty:†
            The following Kingston products are covered by this warranty for the life of the product:

Memory modules including ValueRAM®, HyperX®, Retail Memory and Kingston system-specific memory, Flash memory cards (e.g., Secure Digital, CompactFlash, MultiMediaCard, SmartMedia) ATA Flash, and Linear Flash; memory expansion-boards, networking adapters; routers, hubs and switches without cooling fans (excluding the power supply), Flash adapters and microprocessor upgrade products. .......

As you can see, I was talking about a "cold solder joint", a faulty product, but who cares for a product from 2001. Nobody is going to apply for an RMA.
            Anyway, I was just asking them for a number (uF) not for NDA document about propietary IC´s or even an schematic of the module.
            But no matter, I have already fixed it.
            Thanks again Toasty .

Comment

They obviously want you to just buy a new one.

Comment

Working...
              X