Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every folder on my harddrive is EMPTY!!! WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Every folder on my harddrive is EMPTY!!! WTF?

I had similar problem in my brothers' laptop. It was a virus that made hidden attributes to all jpg files and made them invisible. I removed hdd and connected to another computer, removed virus , change attributed and everything comes back to normal.
    You can try that that way.
    Laptops and computers repair.

Comment

Originally posted by mattpd View Post
      I hear that...

after you let malwarebytes do its thing, make sure you clean out any and all temp files on the PC and then reboot. That has killed every FBI/ransom virus I have seen. I use this:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/
      I nuke temp files first, no point in wasting time scanning them, though lately I don't bother scanning, takes too long.
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Just read this thread, sorry. I get rid of those 'FBI hijack' attacks with Malwarebytes very easily. Boot into "Safemode with command prompt" for example, on an XP PC and run a fully updated portable version Malwarebytes from a flash drive.

IE; when in safemode with command prompt, CRTL-ALT-DEL for task manager and call Malwarebytes as a new task.

Works for me every time, its a 5 min job. The whole scam is 2 files. No need for radical drive wiping sheesh. Its like junking your car for hard to get at spark plugs.

Comment

Working...
        X