X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

Originally posted by stj View Post
    well i just built this.

this is for the COLOUR-TFT KIT. and will be known as "AY-AT" because it's printed on the pcb.
    this is tested btw.

bmht, mr Hansson - you want to flash this.
    Did you make any other mods to this tester stj other than the cut out fot the header.

Comment

well i just built this.

this is for the COLOUR-TFT KIT. and will be known as "AY-AT" because it's printed on the pcb.
      this is tested btw.

bmht, mr Hansson - you want to flash this.
      AY-AT ESR tester (SVN684).zip
      Mine is the mega328_st7565, not the mega328_color_kit.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        Did you make any other mods to this tester stj other than the cut out fot the header.
        just used an lm4040 instead of the tl431
        they REALLY need a 16MHz crystal though - the screen update is soo slow you can see it refresh the image!

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          Mine is the mega328_st7565, not the mega328_color_kit.
          i just realised that.

Comment

new manual - lots of updates.
            Attached Files

Comment

new manual - lots of updates.
              Thanks stj for the newer manual some very good information in it.

Comment

fixed a bug in the frequency generator.
                Attached Files

Comment

i just built a TFT tester kit for a guy, and the test socket is defective - the contacts dont open!!
                  has anybody else seen bad test sockets??
                  Yes, I have had a few bad ones. Point is, that it is a cheap fabrication.
                  But the good thing is that you can repair them.

Loose the 2 little screws on the above side, remove the top plate and handle
                  and re-adjust the contactplates, so that they are all wide open.
                  Carefully place all the parts back, with a bit of 'feeling' it should work.

regards,
                  Willem

Comment

a warning i just discovered:

the datasheet for the LM4040 has the TO-92 package pinout wrong!!!!!!!
                    it states "view from above", but the pinout is actually from below.

Comment

a warning i just discovered:

the datasheet for the LM4040 has the TO-92 package pinout wrong!!!!!!!
                      it states "view from above", but the pinout is actually from below.
                      ive just fitted one to my old version tester that came in todays post that im just upgrading is this data sheet the right one?
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...757ef4e1ec.pdf

Comment

interesting.
                        THAT pdf is correct.
                        revision H.

the one i had that is wrong is revision J
                        so they had it right, and then messed it up!!!

Comment

my 2016 tester ive fitted it wrong so i need to order some more.
                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-09-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

did you cut the pin off?
                            you should bend it out of the way and test the device.

if you hold it pins down, and flat face pointing towards you,
                            the unused pin is the left one.

how you know it works, if you start the tester and it only gives the battery voltage, it's not working.
                            if you also get the regulated voltage (5.00v) then it works.
                            Last edited by stj; 08-09-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

yes cut the pins off dosnt matter will order some what voltage was they im sure the ones you linked was 2.5v if i remember rite?.

Edit just found your link in post 224 will order some now
                              http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/voltag...ences/5343037/
                              Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-09-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

stj my old version tester came today i have up graded the atmega ic added a 16 mhz crystal and 2 capacitors (as non installed on the pcb) added the 2 capacitors between vcc and ground pins also added the header and the voltage regulator so what i need to do tomorrow is add the firmware i have avrdude installed now and have this command?
                                avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m
                                now where do i add the hex files etc too? do i copy them to the avr programme folder?

Comment

try both of these,
                                  tell me which works.

to use avrdude, put the hex files in the same folder you use the commandline from - or use avrdudess
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by stj; 08-09-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

try both of these,
                                    tell me which works.

to use avrdude, put the hex files in the same folder you use the commandline from - or use avrdudess
                                    Hi stj ive tried to load the firmware using avrdude i use command
                                    avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m
                                    now when i turn the tester on the screen lights up with no data on it then after a few seconds the screen flashes on and off (strobing effect) and power led on tester is flashing i can see in the enclosed picture the fuses have been set wrong? i have also tried both your files and both do the same? thanks vince
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-11-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

that screen pic shows only the flash being programmed, not the eeprom or fuses.

try 3 seperate lines in order:
                                      avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex

avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep

avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m

Comment

that screen pic shows only the flash being programmed, not the eeprom or fuses.

try 3 seperate lines in order:
                                        avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex

avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep

avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m
                                        using that method seems to work tried both of your files the strip grid does nothing really just lights the screen with some odd blocks now the first file seems to work says battery ok then testing then timeout! then goes off

Comment

The long line copy & paste for avrdude got me in trouble too.
                                          Earlier I did this without problem (using Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 10 v1511 (10586))
                                          Now I have Windows 10 Anniversary Update (14393) I have this too.
                                          I have now switched to ARVDUDESS which works fine.

Anyone who can confirm this behaviour?

Comment

Working...
                                          X