Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fuse is called what?!

This 2A 250V LCD monitor fuse is blown.
    How one can properly identify and diffentiate a fast blow to a slow blow fuse?

Thank you,
    Attached Files

Re: This fuse is called what?!

That fuse is known as a radial fuse. They sell them at any online electronics supplier like Digikey.

You could also replace it will a axial leaded fuse as well. They're called picofuses. They look like a standard axial resistor but they have a green package.

There are also glass fuses with leads soldered to the end caps you could use too.
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-26-2011, 12:46 AM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

It says T 2A. Its a slow blow. F is fast blow and M is in between

Comment

Had to replace one of those in a screen as well, just try to find the cause before you replace it.

Comment

The 'T' stands for 'Time Delay' or Slow Blow.
          "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder"

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.
            The monitor had been working for a while now.
            I did a McGyver, cracked a 1A 250V glass fuse from my stash, use its filament to close the circuit underneath.

I'm about to re-order caps at Digikey so this reminded me to properly fix this monitor.

Comment

That's a first for me a slow blow on a LCD monitor supply.

If the fuse is blown you have an over current condition somewhere most likely a bad semiconductor. You need to troubleshoot that first.

Start on the primary side of the main power supply and work your way to the primary of the inverter supply.
              Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-26-2011, 12:47 AM.
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
              X