Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

The tv that started this thread is now just a couple months short of TWO YEARS and is still the center piece of entertainment at the neighbors... so there is a "long" life after a "save".

Comment

Great to know!! Thanks again!!

Comment

I have this same issue. Have read through and I just wanted to double check what OP was calling the right side. Bud- your issue was with the right side when looking at the screen? Or looking at the back?

I can disconnect the lower left cable (when looking at the back of tv) and get a fine picture on the left side of the screen (when viewing from the front) and the right side is dark but still showing what SHOULD be there. Minor smearing as well.

If I disconnect the lower right cable (when looking at the back of the tv) the entire screen goes wonky and distorted.

My question is, my issue is surely with the right side (when viewing the screen of the tv) driver, right? I know this is irreversible so just want to double check. Thank you everyone for the help

Comment

can't tell from your description what you actually did... did you have both left and right cables disconnected at the same time? that's what it reads like. Anyways your best bet is to post a picture or two with clear and concise description of what was and was not connected to get the result... go from there. First take is that the "disconnect the lower right cable" result indicates that side is in trouble since it was removed and the resulting picture was "good".

Comment

Has been about 1 month no problems until now, have a thin vertical line on right side of screen just today. Any thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

It looks like your panel has bitten the dust. That would be a source driver fault which sadly cannot be repaired by removing tabs. Did you do the side tab removal before? It's unlikely it stressed it, but maybe this is sign that Sharp did the bonding wrong on these panels on both axes.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...have adjusted to the thin line for now��

Comment

I got a Problem with my Sharp LC-70C6400U, I got from my Neighbor.
                  (Sorry for hi-jacking, I can't post a new Thread yet.)

Take a look at these Pics and give me some pointers?
                  I've been reading posts all afternoon, but haven't seen a real solution yet.
                  It looks like the T-con board is shot?
                  Attached Files

Comment

On the last two pictures, you'll see two almost identic TV's.
                    The left one on the Wall is ok.
                    lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deja-vue View Post
                      I got a Problem with my Sharp LC-70C6400U, I got from my Neighbor.
                      (Sorry for hi-jacking, I can't post a new Thread yet.)

Take a look at these Pics and give me some pointers?
                      I've been reading posts all afternoon, but haven't seen a real solution yet.
                      It looks like the T-con board is shot?
                      did you try disconnecting any of the cabling that was done in "all that reading"... :-) IF you are looking for a "matching issue", you will likely be disappointed. You need to do some basic "testing" / investigating in the back of the set to see where it take you. Post your results and you may get the set operational again.

Comment

Thanks, Budwich. Tried to log on yesterday but the Forum was closed.
                        What I did is some basic voltage measurments around the PSU, all seems normal.

Here is what puzzles me:
                        As soon as I remove the Back Cover from the TV, the Picture is normal again. Put the Cover back on, the picture eventually (after 2 days or so) craps out.
                        I guess I have to wait until the picture fails when the Cover is removed to get some readings from the components.
                        Cheers,

Comment

only thing related to that would be to check / tighten all the screws related to board mounts... you might have a grounding issue.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            only thing related to that would be to check / tighten all the screws related to board mounts... you might have a grounding issue.
                            Doing that right now, Budwich.

Comment

This is meant to be a follow-up to my messages of December 2016. At that time, I had stumbled onto this site after I had found a Sharp LC-70LE757U that appeared dead. It was throwing a 2.5 code. After some tinkering around, I removed the tab drivers from one side of the screen and that seemed to cure the set. Well it has been nine months and this tv gets 4 or 5 hours use a day, every day. It is still running fine. This has worked so well that I got hold of a similar 60 inch model (LC-60EQ10U) that had a somewhat garbled display on the left side. Sure enough, this same fix did it for me. Now, I have a chance at getting an 80-inch that seems to have a similar problem. Stay tuned...

Comment

Received another 70" sharp aquos with same issues as my first one, once again a bad tab driver! The same as my first set. Thanks again to all for this post!

Comment

Confirmed tab driver issue on Sharp LC-70LE757U.

Took apart TV, played around disconnecting left and right tab driver ribbon connection cables on each side one at a time. On these TVs, once you open the back of the set, you will notice white ribbon connection cables near the bottom left and right corners that feed the tab driver arrays on each side, a total of 5 separate boards that connect to the LCD panel via ribbon cables.

Each side of the TV houses 5 ribbon cables. Removing the suspected left side bezel from the rear of the TV and inspecting each ribbon connecting to the panel, one of the middle ribbons had what appeared to be an embedded mini-chip built into the ribbon cable with minor burn markings around it. None of the other ribbon cables had any burn markings. The issues started with a single transparent line appearing on the TV in the middle, then the lines multiplied weeks later, then screen anomalies appeared with a horrible darkness, red color saturation, and very slow refresh rate.

Much like all, I didn't want to believe that the cables can go bad, but witnessing the minor scorch marks and eventually removing each cable from the left side appears to have fixed it at the moment. The easiest way to remove these tab drivers was to unclip the circuit boards and use a finger to pull on the ribbon cables from the rear toward the front of the TV - each peeled right off without much effort.

Thanks to badcaps, hope this workaround continues to work.

FYI, Vestel supposedly makes many crap TVs according to the forum, and Sharp falls into that line. Going to avoid Vestel from now on, unless heavily discounted, maybe...
                                  Last edited by mcaarlington; 11-19-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

WOW i have this 70'' quattron sit in center of my salon floor since 4 month i amazed by the whole information in this post ,

it appear my set have the infamous 2-5 flash of death ,,

after read the whole topic , 2 times , im still questionning regarding the fact of my setup run without the 2-5 error but not showing any logo or half image the led lightup with an uniform black lcd if i run the set without the lower left corner ribbon
                                    (THE LEFT WHILE IM BEHIND THE TV , AND RIGHT IF IM IN FRONT

all four Tcon to panel Cables connected ,, while testing

as soon i plug the corner ribbon and turn tv on , the 2-5 return ,

i would like to know if i have not more than the side driver problems , because im not able to get the left side working or simply not know yet the right method to get only left side running ,

and i simply cant peeel my acf bounding without knowing if a shorted side driver can paralise an entire screen lol

any sugjestion or post # that i have maybe missed would be much more than appreciated ,

merry christmass to all people of this forum , in particular all administrator and conceptor of this forum
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Jeff Pepin; 12-18-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

?? not sure what to say... you need to back up. disconnect half the tcon (2 of the 4). what happens? Then do the other half and see what happens. With "half a tcon", the disconnected side of the display should be white while the other side may show some sort of image or black depending on what is currently being displayed (ie. input).

Comment

The sharp in this thread is now over 2.3 years older and still working fine.

Comment

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and i have the same issue 2 days ago and i been reading this 10 pages and basically just remove the side strap and issue fix? How do i know which side to remove? also once it's removed can't up it back? Please help! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X