Windows XP tablet edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP tablet edition

So I currently have sitting next to me an older Electrovaya Scribbler SC500 tablet.

It came out of a pile of twelve others, all equally abused, and right now I'm just cycling the battery to see how long that will last (this cell is awesome as it can last up to ten hours on a charge).
    As usual, it came without a hard drive but it did come with a Windows XP Tablet Edition COA sticker on it. A quick google finds that not only is XP Tablet not available in retail but it was OEM so supposedly each install disc was specific to the tablet maker and thus the drivers included were generally different. Is this really true or can I "borrow" an install disc from a friend and use that instead? Electrovaya will sell me a replacement install disc for this tablet in a set of two for $40 after shipping. but do I really need to buy that disc?
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: Windows XP tablet edition

try Linux on it for free.

Comment

As far as I am aware the only diff with tablet OEM versions is the SLC, just like regular XP. Borrowing a disk should work and then you can install the drivers. You may have some activation issues because the SLC won't match.

Comment

Yes, downloaded one for my tablet too. As long as you have the COA it will work. The one on the torrent site(s) is generic.

Comment

Originally posted by stj
          try Linux on it for free.

Okay. I'll rig up my external IDE CD drive and give a downloaded copy of XP tablet a go. Hopefully there are no nasty proprietary drivers to mess with.
          Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

xp tablet isn't much different than XP. They just have a few different programs relating to keyboard-less input.

Comment

Working...
            X