This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone, I currently repair cell phones and have a degree in in electronics. Am now looking to get into tv repair

Comment

Hi my name is Jacob I hope I can learn why my Backlights in my Samsung won't work wish me luck.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Joe and sling cable for a living.

Im hoping to get my 50 inch samsung fixed before having to toss it out.

Comment

Plop!

Just popped in to grab a backup copy of Dell Latitude E4300 BIOS.

R&D/Test engineer by day, hobbyist by night.
          Worked as an electronics service technician during collage.

Comment

Hi all, just following instructions and posting an intro here. I came across the forum while searching for a fix on my 60PC1D tv. Rescued it from a landfill about 10 months ago. Saw it, figured, why not, put it in my van and took it home. It worked! Took a bit to warm up, made some noise, but, it works.

So, before I dive in and ask questions, I will head off to the forums to see if I can find answers already posted. Looking forward to perusing and reading....Todd H.

Comment

hellow

Comment

Hallo- Hallo everyone, i thought i would say hallo to everyone since we have an official introductory post, i studied electrical engineering and have a minor in Computer engineering..i wish i had made it my major! Anyway, i guess that means that there is lots to learn. Cheers to meaningful chats and laughs once on a while :-)
                Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hi long time lurker thought it was time I signed up. Been I to electronics since I could hold a soldering iron. Mostly fix old arcade pcbs and monitors, but occasionally I fix tv's and modern electronics for friends.

Comment

Hi, found this site while searching for details on how to repair my laptop. I'm a software developer but interested in hardware. I've been tinkering with the ESP8266 chips lately (made a two door garage door opener and have some other projects in the works). Hoping to fix my laptop and then stop buying that brand.

Comment

I'm not a robot!! LoL

Comment

Hi, I deal mainly with mobile/home audio electronics.

Comment

Hello I'm Steve-the-pirate. I repair electronics (non pc and much older) industrially but I'm getting comfortable enough in my abilities that i'm taking larger steps with educating myself on computer repair. Thanks for the assistance. You rock!

Comment

Hello,

I would like to be referred to as devil here . Don't worry I am tamed. I am an electronic enthusiast and always looking for new adventure.

Comment

Hello,

I am Sat, I am an electronics hobbyist, looking to expand my knowledge

Comment

Hi my hobby is electronic repair especially Apple computers.

Comment

Hi, I'm Steve. I'm retired and now spend time tinkering with Laptops that my family or friends have managed to break. Having found many helpful suggestions in the forum, I thought it best to join and contribute to the discussion.

Comment

Hi all,

My name is Jon, I'm trained as an electrical engineer and have been working for the last decade repairing flight simulators, which essentially entails me fixing things which I don't know how they work until they break and I then need to fix them. It's good fun as it keeps my brain active, I'm sure I'd have degraded into a small pile of ooze without it by now. But I also tend to spend my days off fixing (sometimes breaking further) anything else that needs fixing that I've got knocking around, from phones, to amps, to pc's and playstations etc etc, I'm sure we all do similar things. So I'm here to steal info from the lot of you and maybe get a little bit better at this!
                                    Cheers,
                                    Jon

Comment

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum and really loving what I see so far, hailing from Trinidad

Comment

Hi! I'm Dr Dave (Ph.D.), now retired. I'm going to be making some solid state and vacuum tube audio amps. Now I'll be able to see the most recent posts here. I have clone boards, parts and testing equipment galore. I'll also be refurbishing some VTMM and VOMs. I'm starting a furniture making biz with CNC equipment.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          I'm Romain. come from France and I try to repair all I see ^^
                                          So if I can help and learn more about electronics that will be great !

Comment

Working...
                                          X