This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I am a retired Broadcast Engineer / Telecommunications Engineer with almost 60 years in the field. I went to this forum looking for help with my 70" Sharp TV and here it was! Great forum. Hello and Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I have an AS in Computer and Electronics Engineering. I have worked in the Electronics industry (mainly manufacturing) for about 10 years now. Unfortunately, because of specialized tasks from the different jobs, my skills have gotten a bit rusty. I hope that with the help of the many people here, I can brush off the dust and get back to where I want to be.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm a pilot living in Kansas City. I came here for help with my Pioneer Kuro Pro-151FD. It works intermittently then shuts down followed by a blinking blue light. Hopefully I'll find the fix for it on this forum.

Comment

this is my second attempt at this post. my name is matt, form baltimore, maryland. I am currently in college for CIS, have A+ cert, and am going for network+ and security+. i get electronics form the dump, people and dumpsters on occasion.

Comment

Hello! I'm a commercial hvac technician for a major company, who plays with electricity and programs software for magnetic bearing compressors for a living. It's an interesting job, however I also have dabbled with electronics, and since my tv which is just over 2 years old just died, of course I've taken it apart, checked everything I could within my scope of knowledge, and that's how I ended up here! Hoping to learn something new and get some advice. My other hobby is flying.
            Nice to meet everyone!

Comment

Hello, I love to repair electronics (but I don't have much skill) so I came here to learn something more about that. Now, I have been working with monitor's motherboard, but can't do anything, because i don't have schematics of that board. Hopefully, I will find solution here.

Comment

Ok, it's my turn now.... I was using this site for quite a bit, but, as usual, I never introduced myself ()......

I'm not exactly a freshman (my first computer was a 8088 with 256kb RAM; but using expansion slots, I could reach the terrific amount of 1064kb).

On the other hand, technology goes forward at a fast pace, and I'm not able to run very fast ;

But I'm from Italy, and here you have to manage to do things.....

Comment

Hi Good evening to all.. Im from the Philippines.. A/v technician, nice site.. Keep it up..

Comment

Hello everyone! I am the new kid on the block, although in reality, I'm a former software engineer and electronics buff who is approaching early retirement years. I currently mow lawns as my software experience became outdated and my bank account deflated. But in my spare time, I like to work on computers, stereos, televisions, and even lawn equipment I find on the curbs in the bustling metropolis of Denton, Texas. This town is full of transient college students, so lots of really great project material comes from the curb! Hence my name, Man with a Vision from the Curb. So with that, hope to interact with you guys more in the future :-)

Comment

Hello everyone I've been tinkering with computer electronics for quite a while. My first computer was i8086-based with a tape drive as storage and a hacked B/W TV as a monitor, with many H/W and S/W projects since then. I am mostly on S/W side these days, but my family TV broke a few days ago, so I hope I'll be able to fix it with some luck and may be with some help of very knowledgeable members of this forum. I already found the service manual for my TV (thanks to the posts in this forum!), and I am working through it.

Comment

Hi everyone... new member here on this site, which I found while looking for info on a power supply board for an LCD that I acquired. I had no idea if it was going to work or not (I love that feeling when you plug something old in for the first time). Anyway, I've been taking things apart for a long time (and sometimes I even get them back together again). I've been building PC's and repairing laptops, printers, and PC's as a hobby for about 25 years. I've got a basic understanding of electronics and am smart enough to know that I don't know what I don't know but that others likely do so here I am.

Other hobbies include cooking, photography, travel and my 6 year old son AJ.

Comment

Geachy .Cardiff

Hi. Iam on here as iam a lover of all things electrical. Iam from Cardiff Wales. And been wiping PC/laptops for 6 yrs.

Comment

Hi everyone! I found this site, when I was searching for guides to repair my gigabyte k8nf9 board!

Comment

Asus rescue password...

Pls HELP. NEED BIOS RESCUE PASSWORD.. ASUS X553M

2014/05/16.

PLS CAN SOME ONE HELP.. IVE SEARCHED FOR ABOUT 30HRS IN TOTAL.

BRAINS FRAZZLED LOL

Comment

New comer... just want to learn more about component level repairs

Comment

Hi, i'm Timo from estonia, and i have a broken motherboard to deal with.

Comment

Hi, My name is Jordan. I'm here to learn how to repair TV's as well as many other electrical devices. I'm currently working on a Sharp LC-C5255U TV. I'd like to start my own little side business buying broken TV's and fixing them for resale. I have a ways to go yet and this Sharp TV is my first project.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm a

Comment

Hi everybody, It's taken me a few days since joining to get around to introducing myself, as I don't have a lot of spare time to get on the computer. I'm a retired hands on electronic technician originally (till 1974 from the UK and now in Qld Australia). My employment history since 1955 12 months apprentice electrician, 12 months armature winder (English Electric),8 years domestic radio and TV repairs, 9 years police communications, 20 years hydro-graphic surveys equipment (in Australia), 10 years emergency service (Fire and Ambulance) communications. Now at 78 on the pension I try to keep my hand in, and mind active with repairs to anything electronic of electrical, hence my finding this website whilst looking for information. Hoping I can increase my knowledge and maybe help someone else in the process. As for Quals. City and Guilds Radio & TV Servicing and City and Guilds Full Tech Cert. in Communications, all a long time ago and mostly forgotten !.

Comment

Hey all. A newbie around here, Looking for some advice as I have broken a capacitor off my motherboard and looking for advice of what one to get!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X