This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi guys , complete newbie here . due to ill health i have a lot of time on my hands and mind . so started to look at my busted 7 blink panni (as all owners do ) . got hooked on the great advice on the "Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources>Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit" thread . great guys helping and educating us newbies . come from a mechanical background but have worked on electrical components whilst repairing cars and bikes . rewiring and fault finding , but delving into the world on smb tiny components is something im looking forward to leaning . great forum guys

Comment

Hi All

Electronics/Computer tech, +30 years experience.

Comment

Hi everyone, I found this forum while searching for a way to diagnose and repair my TV. Lots of useful information thanks to all the contributors.

Justin

Comment

Hi! My boyfriend and I do a lot of fix it yourself things, and I saw you guys had great info about the VIZIO LCD E470VLE tv black screen issue. Hoping it's an eeprom thing, but I wanted to check all the boards voltages first

Comment

Hi Great info on this site

Comment

Hi. First time joining a forum and I hope to find some good info to help with some repairs.

Comment

Hello, former automotive Parts Manager, now Maker and hopefully Fixer.

Comment

Hello my friends my name is George, I hope I am posting this at the right place of this forum. I am an HVAC Tech from NYC 55 years old and I work on commercial units. I presently live in Greece. I pretty much don't know a damn thing about fixing electronic boards, the only thing I could do is to troubleshoot boards that have to do with HVAC but not fix them. Whenever we find a bad board, 99% of the time we change it. That is of course If a bad capacitor or something that is right in front of your face we change it and sometimes everything works fine again if we're lucky. If not we change the whole board. I was very fond of electronics and always wanted to learn how to fix of my own, like right now, I am playing around with a bad motherboard a Gigabyte GA-H77 M-D3H. But never had the time to really try to learn. I have been watching lots of videos lately on youtube do to that my ESR meter MESR-100 cannot read the new panasonic SEPC caps. They all seem to read 0.
                  If anyone can tell me on how to go about checking these low resistant caps if possible on the board without removing them would be fantastic. I can't seem to find any info on this. If anyone has a schematic of a Gigabyte GA-H77 M-D3H board I would very much appreciate it also.
                  I am very glad to be here, and I hope I won't be a nuisance to anyone. I also suck in spelling please excuse me.

Comment

Hello fine folks from the internet. I'm a bicycle mechanic turned software engineer. Looking to learn a bit about electronics. I got a bench full of projects.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I'm jargon and I live here in Northern California. I am currently going to school for my 3rd year in Electrical Engineering Technology. I look forward in learning from your guys experiences.

Thank you,
                      jargon

Comment

Hi People
                        I am am new member that just got to know about this lovely Forum through searching the net. happy to be a member and to help as well as i can, too.
                        i am an IT engineer, an working also at home reparing Elektrical Devices for friends an relatives as well. mostly Desktops, laptos and Apple Devices like Mcbooks and iphones.. as well.

happy to find this Forum.

Peace.

Comment

Hello
                          I'm a broadcast television engineer, I used to work in a communications laboratory solving broadcast and communications problems related to new technology such as Digital TV. I had a hand in testing, selecting and writing the Australian Digital TV standards while at the communications laboratory, unfortunately it was abolished in 2000 as those higher up the chain figured the government didn't need to do research and the Market would do all the research and development that was needed! I am also an Amateur radio tinkerer although with my family I don't currently get much time for that. I service all my own equipment and have found lots of dried out electros over the years. I have noticed that power supplies are still the key failure component in systems, although they are slowly getting more reliable and unconditionally stable. I remember the first switching type PSUs. that wouldn't start or run without the correct load. Bumped into this forum while researching a car radio PSU chip.
                          Cheers

Comment

Hello Great people

My name is Akintunde,i am new member that got to know about this lovely Forum through searching the internet.I am here to learn from people around the world

Comment

Hello to all of you

Thanks a lot for having such a great Forum! My name is Beat from Switzerland. I came across this forum because i often deal with Samsung TV's and the weak power supplies ;-) ... Regards to all of you!

Comment

I'm an IT professional whose first exposure to computing was a Sinclair ZX81 (yes, I am that old). I learned how to program digital circuits at university using boolean algebra and Commodore 64's.

I now only tinker on computers (I have staff that get their hands dirty on a daily basis). My main passion is rebuilding audio equipment.

I think I'm addicted to the smell of solder...

Comment

Hi all. I am a rookie to electronic component repair based in the UK and looking for guidance and knowledge that I can glean from you folks. Over the years I have collected a garage stocked with defective electronic equipments and now I am retired I have the time to start to investigate and to look and learn. I`m starting with a Samsung TV which I hope to get back into operation.

Hope I can get to know some of you better over the coming years and improve my know how along the way.

Thanks
                                  Mike

Comment

Hello, I'm a electronic newbie .Doing my own repair at home. Does work for the community where I fix all types of dlp led LCD TV. I'm doing this as a hobby. Retired . So , thanks to badcaps for letting me join this group of knowledgeable group
                                    Thank you

Comment

Hello Im Mario , im in Canada , I repair tv for 31 years now

Comment

Hey gang, I'm Marty. IT professional since 1985. Professional magician since 1975. Electronics tinkerer since I was in diapers (I think). Just a typical nerd. Nice to be here.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the electronics field, but a friend let me help on a computer build a year ago and now I have a hard time going by a rig without taking the side off to see what's inside. I recently got into looking inside TV's, since I learned they are similar. I do not know much about any of this (I own a multi-meter, don't really know how to use it ), but am looking to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X