This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm 61 and work in the bio product industry but I try to DIY on many things be it autos, wordwork, plumbing, etc. I'm trying my hand at simple TV repair. I am not knowledgable in the electrical area and anything I've tried as been trial and error and copying those who know, and You Tube. I recently "fixed" another Viseo by swapping out the power board....the Viseo problem I currently have on another TV is more mysterious.....

Comment

Hi. I am a great fan of technologies and electronics, I wish to share and learn with you, thank you very much

Comment

Welcome all. I stumbled on this forum while trying to find info to fix my Panasonic tv. Posting here so i can post a specific question. Thanks so much for future helo!

Comment

Hey gang. Thanks for letting me join on the forums. My name is Steve and I'm an amateur electronics hobbyist. I'm self taught when it comes to soldering and work primarily on game systems. My post (which will be coming in an hour or so) is in re: my TV.

Thanks in advance to all those who can/will help out with the resurrection of my TV.

Comment

Hello. I'm pdac and I must admit that I've joined (initially) for a rather selfish reason. I have a dead plasma TV that I've been trying to resurrect but have so far failed miserably on my own. I'm hoping I can find some help here.

Personally, I know little about TVs but I do know a bit about computer hardware and a lot more about computer software. Also know a little about electronic musical instruments and am always trying to learn more.

Comment

Greetings, hope the forum can help me out as electronics are my strongest...

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you all for making this forum. It helps a lot. I'll try to help you too.

Comment

Hi all, I'm sure I had an account here years back but forgotten the login. Anyway, as long as stuff breaks I'll keep coming back! Thanks for the forum.

Comment

Hi all,

My name is Mike and i've just started with laptops and phones coming from hobbyist console repairs.

I'm not entirely stupid, just new at this!

Comment

Hi All, My Samsung 50" plasma died.. so, I am on this forum. Thanks for the good and clean community.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, my name is JB and I am from Kentucky, USA. I joined the forum for help mostly in repairing LCD TVs.

Comment

Hello I am electrical engineer and in my spare time when I came back from daily job I like to repair electronics stuff like computers, laptops, TVs,...
                          At this time I would like to repair power supply unit of Phillips LCD LED TV 42".
                          And wish me good luck.

Comment

Hello,
                            My first post, introducing myself.
                            I was a Nuke in the US Navy on a Fast Attack Sub in the North Atlantic.
                            After my service, I studied EE with a minor in Modern Physics. I have been an MSCE and MCT for almost 20 years. I do Project Management, IT services, and surveillance and alarm systems.
                            Cheers.

Comment

hello ,
                              im filipino tech in cellphone laptop iphone etc..
                              sorry for wrong grammar .

Comment

Hello, Thank you for accepting me. I am into IT and I want to take troubleshooting further than just replacing boards. I also love tinkering retro consoles. I found some great information here and I'm sure I cna find many more. see you soon!

Comment

As you may figure out from my signature, I am a ham and enjoy thinkering with electronics. I started when I was 9, with a Philips Electronic Engineer construction set, and that was almost 50 years back.
                                  This web is an excellent resource to learn new things about caps: that is what I am doing now regarding leakage and reforming. I am resurrecting a failed PSU and want to use some 30 years old electrolitic caps.
                                  This is fun stuff!
                                  jon, ea2sn

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    hi i'm raj I have a electronic repair shop.at this end we do most of our repairs without schematics. well today I was looking for a schematis for asua x551ca motherboard and yes here I am . happy to find this forum.thanks guys.

Comment

Im Josh. I like tinkering with electronics, I have alot of experience with ac/dc voltage over the years, I'm a heavy duty mechanic and welder by trade. I'm wanting to learn more about smaller electronics so I can repair stuff myself so forgive me in advance if I happen to ask a "stupid" question.

Comment

New member here! I am in my mid-50's, living in Florida, and once upon a time, I took some EE classes in college. I am not sure if I learned anything but I want to fix my LCD monitor. This forum looks like a good place to visit.

Comment

halo my name is marcel beker my nickname is juni living in the Netherlands
                                          my hobby is electronics i'm not so good in writing english
                                          i was strogle on how to say hello i hoop this is the good way thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X