This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I found this site while searching for help in repairing a Visio TV. Although I've worked with computers since 1970s, I really don't do that anymore. My primary interest these days is restoring vintage audio equipment. My primary requirements for choosing something to restore is that it has to sound great and it has to have some other special attribute, such as being an art piece or being the first of its kind. Here are a few of the systems that I've repaired or restored in the last few years:
    1. Klipsch K-horns, Belle Klipsch (old and cool and extremely efficient)
    2. Eico amp (Very old tube amp)
    3. JBL subwoofer (OK, it was just cheap)
    4. Holman Preamp (old and high-end, very quiet)
    5. Audio Aero CD player ($6000 retail, looks cool)
    6. Michel Pneumatic Transcriptor turntable (it's in the Museum of Modern Art)
    7. Magneplanar MG-1 and MG-IIA (4 sets. I like the way they look.)
    8. Allison One Speakers (Audiophile and cool looking)
    9. Music Hall Maverick SACD

I've also done quite a bit of work with Digital Signal Processors, not repairing them but programming them. Hopefully, if anyone searches on these systems, they can request input from me.

Anyway, I'll post my questions about the Viseo TV now.

Comment

dell iris BTM MB 14214-1 BIOS

Comment

hello, erstwhile guitar tube amp maker, fixer here. also about Samsung lcd - lol

Comment

Good afternoon all. Name is Troy. Noticed this site mentioned a few times in my brief troubleshooting on Google of my TV. Figured this will be the place to do some more research on my LG plasma issue. Look forward to hopefully fixing my TV!

Comment

hello

Comment

I also want to say hello.
              I came across this forum to see if i can revive my samsung ue40d5000. It just died today and i need to know which faulty component prevents it from starting again.

Comment

Heya all.
                Chino Valley, AZ says hello. Yes, all of them. I spoke to them myself... they wanted to tell you all hello. So... Hello.

Comment

Hi All,

I am a computer repair technician. I want to try component level repair. I hope I could get help from this forum I found on google search.

Comment

Hiya!

Been working with electronics for years - circuit design and building projects. Never word on repairing a piece of 'consumer' electronics though beyond replacing entire boards. Decided to give a LCD tv a shot and see what I can figure out. Looks like a lot of people are taking that direction and find their place here.

Actually, I take back that original statement - I did, years and years ago replace a bunch of caps on a pc motherboard that had gone bad. My first experience with 'bad caps' was at that time.

Comment

hi, thank you for the warm welcome. i just feel that I can learn a lot of things here.

Comment

hi, thank you for the warm welcome. i just feel that I can learn a lot of things here.

Comment

Hello:
                          I am Dave, I found at a young age ( toddler +,so Mom said) taking apart and reassembling things was something I was drawn to.
                          Graduated 1976 Hi school (western NY,Buffalo area),Then Ohio Institute of Technology 1978.(Electronic Tech).
                          Started with Motorola right after, communication division Fl. then automotive division Western NY till 1982,(Moved back to Ohio do to 1'st X)
                          Started working construction(something I did while in hi-sch)Better money
                          at the time, ended back home Western NY an was disabled 2004.

So here i am with my sons (mac book pro mid 2009 15.4" 2.66gh intel core 2. 820-2523-b M/B.

Does
                          - start sleep lite on constant 10 sec goes out then back on constant(lid open dim w/closed brighter.
                          - fans on,hd on,battery Ok,magsafe green to orange.

Issues
                          -black screen,no video,no back lite,no chimes(sound speakers),DVD not working.

I thank everyone for their time.
                          Thank's allowing myself to enter this forum.

Comment

Hi I'm Jim, thank you for letting me join the forum . I'm looking forward to finding out more about the forum and exchangeing information, I prefer to repair boards than replace and throw away as it is becoming more of a throw away society.
                            Jim

Comment

Hi I'm Brent ,retired , love muscle cars ,mostly self taught looking for sound advise on repairing electronics always willing to learn new things , I've been tearing apart fixing and putting back together non working things since childhood ,really the only way to see how stuff works . Thanks for the add.

Comment

Hi...I'm Salvatore
                                I do not deal with electronics by profession but a hobby. I'm sure I will find here the information necessary for my future work and sincerely thank the directors for adding me!

Comment

Hello everybody.
                                  We're from Argentina, both me and my best friend will be using this account.
                                  We're from a repair & tech support shop called PowerPC.

Please feel free to ask us anything you might want to know about us, tech or anything we can help you with.

Kind regards.-
                                  Lit05 and linuxkid.

Comment

Hello all.
                                    My name is Roger, and I work at a small electronics repair shop in Alberta, Canada. We do almost no board-component level repairs, but I'd like to change that - I want to be able to fix more devices, and I really find the work fascinating.

As I pursue some hobby electronics design (I say design, but at this point I'm just messing around, really), I have some personal interest in the community here as well.

Thank you.
                                    -Roger

Comment

Hello!!

Comment

Hello...My name is Kaiser...I am new here and hope to learn a bunch. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, my name is larry.
                                          I enjoy working on tvs and gaining as much knowledge as i can!

Comment

Working...
                                          X