X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Good morning All,
    I got my first soldering iron in 1953 at aged 7, and was fixing valve (tube) TV's by age 12. Continued as a very serious hobbyist thru discrete transistors and then IC's, and picked up an EE degree along the way. But got distracted by programming and became a professional SW designer - worked on product prototypes and enjoyed arguing with the HW designers LOL. Now I'm retired and dusting off my practical electronic skills again. Current target is several SMPS in TVs and PVRs - I've ordered an in circuit ESR meter kit.

Does anyone know where to get a schematic for the 6709900016C aka 68709D0006B PSU board? I can probably get by without but it would be nice to have. TIA.

Comment

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum but not new to electronics repair.
      So i'll be pooping in and out from time to time and try to help when and where i can as well as ask for technical things too..I mean i don't know everything lol

Comment

Hello to you all, a short introduction on my account. I hail from the Netherlands, 45 yrs old, and I hobby around with all kinds of tech. Low as wel as high, from building my own house, to repairing the kid's bicycles, to fixing my mother-in-law's Cuckoo clock, to plumbing, to electrics, basically anything that requires tools has my interest. This is not to say that I'm an expert on everything, but I learn quickly. Hoping to learn some new stuff in this forum!

Comment

Hi everybody, I am a computers technician with interests in electronics and information security, from Mumbai, India.
          Regards,
          cpu_guy

Comment

Dear All, I am a young and enthusiastic beginner in repairing gadgets for myself. I am an economist, but everyone has a hobby , mine is to find bargains and hopefully make them use able, to save the planet from some junk. I have registered to the site, because I have a sharp quattron tv for approx a year now (bought as second hand), and in this month it started to develop an interesting habit: that after an operation of half hour it switches off . Best Regrads: Thomas

Comment

Hi everyone!
              I am a little shy, but computers/phones/cameras/consoles/cars/buildings/audio gear repair/modifying has always been my passion. my strongest points are soldering and smd work, but finding a fault when there is no sign of damage or burn marks is my weak point.

I have been reading this forum for awhile and everyday it seems more and more that this is my place to be

Kind regards,

Comment

HI
                I'm here because Im facing a TV that's faulty; I've successfully soldered back into life a few pieces of electrical equipment in my time and have had success in troubleshooting diagnosing pc problems .however bitten more than can chew regards this TV?

Comment

Hi - My name is Steve. I've been in electrical engineering since I joined the GPO telecoms (as a "YOUTH") in 1965. Now I am pottering.

Comment

Hello there, my name is Hugo and I'm from Portugal.
                    This is an amazing forum with tons of info. Hope to learn a lot of stuff here.

Thanks

Comment

Hi There,

Nice to meet a great force of electronics experts under one group. I am Electronics Engineer currently residing in Canada. Looking forward to chat with you Guys.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I am an older tv tech, still trying to keep a shop alive! Have found some great info in the past and hoping to give some back. Only thing is I hate to type, Thank God my daughter works with me and is good at this! Looking forward to 2017! Thanks!

Comment

Hello everybody, i am starting to lear repair motherboards and several cpus.

I will try help all i can

Comment

I am Yogeshwar Aggarwal from Jalandhar city.I am repairing Led etc.

Comment

Joining from the north of Englandshire out of general interest having witnesses and replaced bad caps on an old Philips DVD recorder; and specifically regarding some of the fixes and issues around LED TVs – may be posting something up on this later re my own TV.

Comment

Hi, I came accross this excellent site when looking to repair my TV. Thank you

Comment

Hello, i am new here, trhis is my first look here, later on i will post things, first i have a lot to read ......

Comment

Hi all,

I am a support engineer for a hosting company. I have no background in electronics or electronics repair.

BUT

My wife claims I am the cheapest man alive who refuses to throw anything away. Hence my being here learning how to work with/on TV's and Monitors.

Thanks,

Comment

hiii everybody....

Comment

Hi,everyone

I have some interest in some forums about TV repair.

Thanks
                                        Pedro PX

Comment

Hello,

I'm marginally electronics qualified, but that doesn't stop me

Comment

Working...
                                          X