This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello i'm Marlon and i'm from the UK and I found this forum as I was looking for ways to fix my Tv that has just broken on me

Comment

hi my name is Darnell from NYC i'm auto mechanic and overclock computers as a hobby found this forum thru numerous google seaches on how to recap motherboards and must say its very informative

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi dear friends.. I was looking for a solution for one of my laptop repairs and then sow this great forum . Then I decided to be a member of this great forum.. Its my pleasure to had a chance to join this site...

Comment

Hi Everyone,

The internet brought me here when I was searching for possible fixes for 2 of my LCD TVs. I was very surprised to find a treasure trove of information tucked away here. Here's hoping I'll find a solution and that it'll help others in a similar predicament as well.

Comment

Hi to all!
              My name is Mario, and I'm 56! I live in Italy from saince my beginnings...
              I struggled to be a computer expert, since I first saw a desktop "computer" at school; it was 1977: the HP 9820A
              It was a "cou de fudre" & tragically "fell in love" with it, immediately!!!!
              I was able to remain at school,lafter-hours trying to type things on the keyboard, ALL-ALONE, for hours & days....
              After that, many, many years passed and just as Topcat, passed trough the commodore-sinclair-ibm thread.
              Now I (try to) repair computers and monitors (when is convenient) to friends and friends of friends....
              It's not my main job: I work in a Aircraft-making company (very little company, indeed) but try to make something....
              Hope here will find some *good friends* !!!!
              ciao!!!
              Mario

Comment

Hey, i found this forum searching answers to my problems! These plasma tvs they have today are killer to repair -___-

But theres lot son useful info on here, so i hope to utilize the knowledge!

I am just a simple college student, wanting to have a 2nd source of income repairing tvs!

Comment

Hi there, I'm a repair enthousiast and in need to have some fellow repairmen advice me on some stuff. I've repaired iPhones, iPads, Macs (things worth repairing or worth it to others for a small fee) and other lesser known devices.

I'm hoping to get some use out of this site and perhaps add some of my knowledge to help others out.

See ya around!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    quick hello from me im shelley 36 year old female from the uk i repair tvs mainly laptops pcb surface mount repairs reflows etc ive had around 11years experience and have tested rc for microsoft ie: win 7 my main area is im soldering and am fairly skilled at it!!!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hey, I'm Bob, 58 m Peterborough, Ontario Canada. 15 years auto mechanic, bored, got into PCs early, been supporting them ever since. Electronics hobbyist (wannabe for decades), bought some good equipment lately, lust after a Fluke 87 V, went hardware when I noticed a bulged cap on a motherboard. That started this whole thing...

Here we go again...! <^8#

Comment

Hi there!
                            I'm a total novice, but ambitious. I am learning LED design, 3D Printing, CNC routing, Laser burning, and prototyping. I will be all over the threads and probably asking dumb questions.

Comment

Hi all im netty....seeing how i can't afford a tv repair guy..i figured id hangout and learn a few things about it....

Comment

Hello all, looks like a great forum, Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hi there,

My name's Chris, and I've just joined from England, having seen a very useful thread following a Google search for a dead Samsung 226BW.

Mine died following a lightning hit on my house which wiped out most of my electronic gear (tv, hi-fi, satellite etc). I was going to scrap it and but my brother gave me his 226BW to replace it with following an upgrade.

I now need a second monitor so as I hadn't got around to scrapping it I thought I'd try and get it working. Initially I put the PSU from my brother's into mine and hey presto - working fine!

Such a relief as this proved all the lightning did was kill the PSU!

Caps looked dodgy so replaced all the bulging 820uF and 330uF ones, but still dead.

Followed the 'Samsung 226BW Dead - No Power' thread on here and there is zilch coming out of all pins on the 9-pin socket. I'm probably going to replace whole board but best I can find is one in China with a 4 week delivery. Hence if I could find out which bit is fried I could save a lot of time. All fuses ok - I wonder if the transformer got zapped.

Anyway, I'll keep searching.

Thanks for the help so far and I love the site.

Chris

Comment

Hello Everyone! Looks like there are some very bright people here. Here is hoping that I can learn some things from you folks.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everyone. I have an lg plasma issue, just activating my profile so i can start a new thread.

Comment

Hi, I'm steve AKA MrWomp.. I have lurked here for a long time and used the combined knowledge to repair numerous televisions. I come from Flint, MI , I'm a 34 year old mason who plays with electronics in his spare time. Outside of work and gaming I'm a pretty boring person to be perfectly honest.

Comment

Working...
                                          X