This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, retired IT for USPS. In to trying to repair my own stuff instead of trashing it due to limited income. Joined because of Comcast lightning strike taking out my cable box, but more importantly killing my Vizio E601i-A3. Spike came through the HDMI. Set is totally dead. Will post problem in TV section.

Comment

Hello from Tucker, Georgia! Ahh.....I have a hunk of non-functioning Vizio TV leaning against the wall in my house (for a few months now)....thought I'll give it some surgery before I purchase a new panel.

Comment

Hi,

My name is tom. Trying to post a new thread on this forum is very tedious.. I honestly don't see any reason for this introduction.. My tv has had some issues for quiet a while and I want to fix them.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I found this forum very helpful. So thanks everybody.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm having a problem any expert help me please.

Samsung NP-R620, laptop is turning on but no beep and no display, no external display and no fan spinning. I can turn the laptop on with the power button and can turn off.

I replaced the ram with working one but problem is same. The battery connector getting 3.3V all around the motherboard has power GPU getting warm so its working but to me feels like the CPU not getting warm at all but around the CPU has voltage. So I thought it must be the bios problem.

Before I turn on the board the bios chip doesn't have any power, when I turn on the board the bios chip has 3.3V leg 1,2,5 and 6. I think this is way of this board works.
            Bios-MX25L1605D, 2MB, 16MBit.

Seems the bios chip is working. But what is the problem that can go wrong. If you guys have Bios bin please give me so I can flash and try.

The actual bios.bin I backed up:
            https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...jc3TlJ0czdZT3c

Please help me.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi All! Greeting from Austin, Texas.

Just joined to find some info on a newer Sharp TV with a dead power supply. Been restoring audio equipment for a long time, especially 80's and 90's Bang & Olufsen.

Thanks for a great community!

Comment

hello, my name is Steve and I recently acquired a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE640U
                that has some lamp error issues and it has become my project.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Rui a CS student from Portugal. I've always been interested in software but recently i've started to like hardware.

I'm still learning my way around but I'm always eager to learn more! I've just found this site, and it really looks like a great place to find like minded individuals. Hope I can contribute!

See you around

Comment

Hello my name is cody and I'm looking for help trouble shooting a samsung plasma tv thank you any advice on how to post or we're to look would be awesome

Comment

Hi, my name is John.

Thank you for all the useful posts in this forum.

Looking forward to fix my LG 60PZ950 plasma tv. it doesn't have any picture or sound after i turn it on. It has a slight glow screen though.

thank you.

Comment

Hello - needing some help repairing 2 Samsung 720N monitors - thread to follow.....

Comment

Hello everyone, I am somewhat of a circuit board enthusiast but still have much to learn! I do a lot of work with stop motion systems on machinery. Thanks for having me aboard!

Comment

Hey Badcaps members! Late 20's software engineer from LA here. Looking to fix my LG plasma that just took a shit without blowing myself up.

Comment

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, my name is Darrin and I am just looking to get some help/advice on a 60" Samsung Plasma TV.

Comment

Hi, mid 20's web developer trying to find a missing component for my gtx 470 that got intimate with a cpu cooler that got dislodged.

Comment

Hello all, Google led me here in my search for a way to fix my dead Samsung SyncMaster 245BW. Have found some great info searching through past forum posts, I've ordered my first set of caps from Digikey and will be recapping my monitor's power supply when they arrive. Until then I'll be practicing my woefully outdated soldering skills on some junk boards. Wish me luck!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hey all, I'm new to this site and was recommended from someone one the AVS Forum.

Comment

Hey all, just popping in to say "Hi" and introduce myself. I decided to join the community because of a technical question with my Toshiba TV. Hope someone smarter than me can figure it out lol.

Comment

Hi! I'm Kristiyan from Bulgaria and I've repaired some LCD's just reading info from the Internet but I wanna get some more information or knowledge to do harder repairs. It's like my hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X