This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

wow! great site guys....looking forward to share and learn more.

Comment

G'day All,

New member, looking for some help with a N53S motherboard which my daughter spilt milk on.

Cheers

Comment

Also new here and found this Wonderful site trying to determine a fix for my LG 60PV250.. I have been in IT since 99 in North Alabam (Huntsville) started as a Desktop Tech then after many Certs and a Degree later went onto the Network Administrator with NASA @ MSFC role and now in the IT Security/LAN,WAN/Architecture realm. So with all that said I'm slightly lost on the repair of this Plasma .. lol

Comment

Uh.....Hello.
          Name's Joe
          US Navy Aviation Electronics Tech.
          Have TV Repair shop
          Nobody has them fixed anymore, but I gotta do something.

Comment

hello all, i was looking for a solution for my laptop problem but i came across this site and surprised. really awesome and full of useful information about my interest...

Comment

Posting my Hi, I'm Scott, new member mail.

I have an older Dell XPS 410 which I suspect has a capacitor issue and found a couple posts here which also point in this direction. Very familiar with this issue having had a similar issue with our 2006/2007 TiVo S3 OLEDs and bad capacitors on the power supply board.

Scott

Comment

Love this site! Thanks to all who participate! I've gotten a lot of great info from here.

Comment

thanks for hospitality ..i'm new member from delta quadrant..

Comment

Greetings from Portugal!
                    I am an electronic engineer and as a hobby, I dabble in vintage hifi equipment like the QUAD II valve amplifiers and the ESL57 electrostatic speakers.
                    I came across this site while helping out a friend with problems on a B&W Zeppelin dock music system and was amazed at the number of good quality photos of this hard to disassemble stereo music player and got the low down on low quality capacitors used in the power supply!
                    Hope to be of help to hifi enthusiasts and with repair of QUAD II amplifiers and ESL57 speakers. I also have parts for other vintage hifi equipment that I sell on eBay!

Comment

Hi everyone. I love to tinker. Majored in Electrical Engineering undergrad. I am also an electronics hoarder with the mentality that with enough time maybe I can fix something. I have been getting into fixing up flat panel TVs of late. This forum has been a great reference and I figure it is time I join up.

Comment

Howdy, I'm a geek born & raised in southwest Michigan.
                        Degreed in business & engineering, but that was mostly to make employment easier in 1976. Was first out in '74, the June Time mag cover of a cap & gown pumping gas. Looked bleak, so went back to school.

Been in the system / networking business since '77. Got my first system in '78, had to build the backplane (S100) & boards since it was a kit. Preassembled was real $ back then. It had a 4MHz Z80 w/64k RAM, big power for '78.

Since '93 been an independent design engineer of embedded microcontroller systems. That and whatever work kept the bank account in black. Declared retirement last year, mostly to have a steady $ stream. Staying just as busy, but less concerned on how to pay the bills each month.

I joined this forum because you appear to be peers and, more importantly, interested in the Exchange of ideas and solutions. Not just syphoning off answers, or worse, having me do your $%^&* schoolwork. So let's go fix stuff and build new toys...

Comment

Greetings All,

Retired/Disabled Army Chief Warrant Officer, specializing in electronics maintenance/repair for numerous radar/missile systems. Got my start in Electronics much like many of us around here, taking apart most everything in the house before I was out of diapers. Disability restricts my physical activities these days, so I recently rediscovered my love of electronics in an effort to keep my brain from rotting
                          These days I spend most of my time learning to design and build IoT devices and learning the programming side of it all, along with repairing stuff for friends and family. I also looking to get my FCC Technicians Class license so I can expand my projects into the HAM world.

I'm looking forward to the fountains of knowledge I see springing from these forums!

ChiefPoints

Comment

Hi all, I am here looking for help with my dell 2408WFP... Thanks!

Comment

Ok, I work in computer networking but enjoy fixing things! At the moment, my TV is broken and i have come here to gain some knowledge and hopefully guidance on how to fix it! My last broken device was the fridge, which was only 16 months old before it broke down. I had to cut the insulation from the back and replace a hidden thermometer! Luckily, with the help of some youtube videos, i fixed it. Ah, the wonder of the internet!

Comment

Hi all -
                                My name is shewb, I'm a hands-on type of guy, a do-it-myselfer. I have an advanced degree in metallurgical engineering from a very prestigious institute. I did some research with materials for nuclear reactors and some nuclear weapons research. I don't however have much experience with electronics. I have built (framing, wiring, plumbing, everything) two homes for myself. Now I'm semi-retired in rural California. I'm entrigued to learnh how easy it seems to be to repair a broken tv or monitor. Looking forward to learning lots!

Comment

Hi,

I'm omni550. I'm a retired mechanical engineer and am trying to learn more about electronics as a hobby. I recently picked up 2 dead flat screen TVs (a 40" Sharp LED and 60" LG plasma) while driving thru the neighborhood on trash day and am wondering what it might take to fix them.

In the few minutes I spent reading some posts, I've already seen some great info here and am looking forward to discovering more.

omni

Comment

Welcome back Bad Caps! I missed you! I haven't posted much lately but still read posts.

Comment

Hi,

Excellent forum, have been looking for something like this for quite a long time. Repairing electronics in my spare time, software engineer by profession.

Damjan

Comment

Hi,

The breadcrumbs from the net brought me here.
                                        I'm a retired software engineer and working as a full-time illustrator now.
                                        Always interested in computer-related stuff so thank you for letting me join :-)

Choppic

Comment

Hello,
                                          Nice forum with lot's of intersting information.
                                          Thank you for accepting me in!

Comment

Working...
                                          X