X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

I am the newest member to this great forum. Thanks for letting me join.

Comment

HI everyone, I'm Khamber from San Diego and I love trying to fix things!!! Hopefully this forum will help in my endeavors!

Comment

Hi, I am Philip I am new and have never used a forum before.
        My background is starting in the Army, Drafted in 1966, sent me to Fort Monmouth New Jersey Army Signal School.
        Been in and out of electronics ever since.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have searched a lot for repair helps and guide. I burnt a few power boards of Monitors before I reached this forum. I am sure I'll learn and also share my knowledge if anyone needs help.

Comment

Good morning. I would like to introduce myself as a new member. This is my first post on this site.

I have a strong background in the mechanical field, especially with heavy equipment. Not so much with electronics. The tools I have are limited to multi-meters and soldering equipment. My time is also very limited so I research when I can. My thinking is that if it was put together, it can be taken apart, repaired, and put back together again. So that is what I try to do.

I have read the Badcaps forums many times and have repaired many computer monitors and a couple of televisions with the help of the forums.

Getting back to some of the other posts above, I see people talking about their first computers. I got started playing with electronic devices a while ago. My first computer, bought at a JC Penny clearance sale in 1980, for $50, was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4. It used program cartridges and an external voice recorder to save your projects and data. I had subscribed to, I believe it was PC Magazine at the time. I was intrigued by the whole programming concept. So, after typing code for four hours to make a person dance on my computer screen, I hit the enter button, and it appeared, a six pixel tall stick figure that alternated the position of its legs and arms.

With all of that being said, I have always been intrigued with electronics and how they work. I just never have enough time to really concentrate on it.

I now have another project I will be posting about that I am sure this community will be able to help me with.

Thank you all.

Comment

Hi guys,

I've joined to learn how these new LCD tv's can be repaired, working on a 40" Samsung with bad gamma.

Looking forward to learning nuggets of wisdom from y'all.

I live in Oklahoma City area.

Comment

Hello to everyone!
                I'm here to find some help with capacitors on my retro boards, and maybe in the future to help if I will know something.

Comment

Hi guys/gals I ran across this forum when searching for a fix for my Sony Bravia tv thanks for having me

Comment

First computer was a Sinclair ZX81

Had a commodore plus 4, commodore 64, BBC B, Sinclair spectrum.

First 16 bit computer Commodore Amiga 600 then Amiga 1200 with HDD.

First PC I owned was an early Pentium based Dell PC, don't remember that much about this one tbh.

First PC type computer I built had an AMD Athlon processor running at about 1.3ghz, 266Mhz front side bus, 2 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, CDR/rw, 300 W atx power supply.

Currently don't have a working PC! Got a tower case with 400W PSU, 300GB HDD and a DVD drive, need the right motherboard / CPU / memory combo to complete the picture. Part of the reason for joining up!

About me: Married with two girls. Prematurely retired due to Ill health. Been into electronics forever, recently been experimenting with switch mode power supply's.

Comment

I like being able to fix my own stuff whenever possible, but sometimes we all need a little help. Seen a lot of good information here.

Comment

Hi All,

It's good to see that so many people have the urge to fix electronics instead of contributing to a world of throw away and buy new. Loads of info on these forums, making this a good resource to find help and help others!

Comment

Originally posted by gasboss775 View Post

First PC type computer I built had an AMD Athlon processor running at about 1.3ghz
                          That I believe was a T-bird. It was my killer processor of the early-2000s.

(I had the 1.3 when I lived in New Hampshire back in 2002, from July 5, 2002 to October 13, 2002, when I accidentally crushed the core!)
                          (So I had to use my T-bird 900 Mhz again, which I got in late June, 2001)

I got the T-bird 1.3 (100 Mhz FSB version) in July, 2002, because of Nintendo 64 emulation.
                          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hello,

I'm new here and have a few questions regarding LCD repairs.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

I'm more of a computer tech than an electronics tech, but I've done some board level repair, capacitor replacements, and did some basic CRT TV and monitor repairs back in the 80s. I was working with computers as far back as 1976. This forum is a great resource for flat panel TV repair!

Comment

Hello, I'm Dave. I'm looking at existing threads to trouble shoot a problem with toshiba TV 58L1350UC

Comment

A private message brought me here. I've been lurking the forum for quite a while (hence the name), it has helped me fix quite a few computer related-problems but now I I'd like to ask a question regarding fixing a vacuum cleaner AC power supply and I am wondering if that is allowed too.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am totally new at electronic repairs. I try to get the most use out of everything before replacing them. Until now I have thrown away most electronics when they quit working. Hopefully with your help I can prlong the life of my devices. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I'm new here
                                      I have problem (probably like most of users here ), but I don't now how to make any repair. I now something about soldering and electronic, but a thing it's not enough. We will see

Greetings to all

Comment

Re: New Members - Ben from Maryland

Hey everyone! Big thanks to the moderators of this forum and all of the members/contributors. Like most forums of this nature I never knew it existed until I needed you. Have a 2011 Panasonic TC-P55GT30 plasma that is giving me the 7 blinks. I hear their is a member on here quite skilled with Panasonic plasmas so I will go read his threads now.

Comment

Hi.

I am always looking for schematics, and I happened to find one I needed here. Hopefully I will find more and be able to contribute the ones that I already have!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X