This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey I'm Stephen. Just looking for help for my 50" lg plasma tv. Turns off randomly, then can't turn it back on. Have to unplug power source for about a minute. Plug back in and then tv works. Tv also shuts off if I try to turn volume up or down with the remote. Anyone else have this? Fix?

Comment

Hi there. I've been a frequent browser of the forums for help in the past with tv problems but I've decided to finally join as I'm in the need of some help. To start I'm 31 from upstate ny, married, 3 kids, volunteer firefighter. I've always been a tinker with electronics. Anyways I hope to get lots more info and help when needed from you nice folks

-E

Comment

Hi I'm kentak and I'm running into issues on my Jenn-Air oven. I found this board and it looks to be full of good info, so I'm very pleased to be here.

Ken

Comment

Hey,
          While I am searching google about some electronics repair , I found this forum very helpful .
          So I decided to be one of its members.

Thank you for accepting my membership

Comment

looking for Philips 47pfl3603d/f7 service manual

Comment

Good morning everybody!
              I found this forum by accident but it appears to be what I was looking for. I have a Samsung with a bad t-con board. I have been in electronics for many years and still enjoy it.

Comment

Hello my name is Hugo, and long start a phase in my professional development repairing portable equipment, in my country the economic situation has worsened since 17 years and we can only repair the equipment we have because we can not buy new equipment and spare parts seldom , for this reason I turn to the web to look for solutions elsewhere they are not feasible. I hope you can help me with knowledge and understanding .

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just making a first post here so I can ask for help ID'ing a capacitor in another forums.

Hello!

Comment

Woow. I am only a electrician. I work on automation and also teach electrics.

Comment

I'm a do it yourself type of guy that will try to to fix whatever breaks around the house before I pay someone

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Sean. Nice to have found this forum. I'm somewhat savvy so to speak in terms of electronics. Put me on a car stereo system or home theater and I'm all over installation and tuning etc, of properly* functioning* components. Short of checking fuses and confirming power to a particular componenets etc, my diagnostic skills are somewhat lacking. I have however gained a fair amount of knowledge of circuit boards and their components over the past 32 hrs or so, with a LOT of youtube videos, my digital multimeter (that come to find can NOT measure capacitance) and a dead to the world vizio E470VLE.
                        So yea anyway this is an intro thread and I'm typically long winded so i'll put the brakes on now and wait to post a new thread with details of that SNAFU
                        Thanks in advance to any and all help
                        -Sean

Comment

Hello! Happy to be here, looking forward to getting acquainted with this forum.

Comment

Hello, I live in France.I am sav technician to repair all that is possible to be repaired.Ifinds that there is no longer much help on the internet, so I turn on the forums for helps.excuse me for my english, I 'uses of translators google.Cordialement
                            Alain

Comment

Hello all. Honestly I only signed up so I can see the pictures in the posts. I got a free Vizio E320 that won't turn on but I get 24VDC from power supply to the main board and that's as far as it goes. I'm a total novice at electronics and the language you guys use. Maybe I'll learn something. Just trying to figure this TV out before it meets my hammer

Comment

Good Afternoon everyone. I am Chris in Palm Bay, Fl. I currently work as an electrical engineering tech, but these tv's today have me stumped. I come here in search of help with my LG 60PZ750.

I will post that thread shortly.

Thanks,
                                Chris

Comment

I've been doing basic electronic and camera repair as a hobby for 30 years. Often repairing cold solder joints, cleaning bad contacts, or replacing headphone jacks in portable electronics that were dropped or heavily used, etc. Even did some vacuum tube TV repairs in the '80s. These were easy to identify due to the fact the tube wouldn't glow when failed.

Since the 2000's often been repairing motherboards and LCD monitors with failed caps. This is often one of the easiest repairs due to being able to visually see the failed caps without the need of testing equipment.

I'm joining this forum to learn some additional troubleshooting to fix monitors that have no visually failed caps or apparent cold solder joints.

Comment

Hi all, stumbled across badcaps while researching a dead LG flatscreen. Looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Hello everyone, hoping to re-repair my laptop which i fried this afternoon....

TTYL

Comment

Seems like a helpful useful community I am hoping to learn a fee things from others experiences and share a few from my own

Comment

Hello
                                          Ive got a tv problem and would like someone's help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X