X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone I'm from Mexico.
    I'am a electronics computer engineer. I hope a can help all of you...
    Well let the show start!!!

Comment

Hi I'm Bob a newbie and I'm hoping to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?
        that was a good long 2003 back .. good evening from indonesia.

Comment

Newbie John Lake

Hello Badcaps forum, I am a newbie, hope I'm posting in the right place,

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...s/popcorn1.gif

Comment

Hello everyone,

happy holidays for those who celebrate it from the SW of France!

Comment

dell e1911c tft monitor straight horizontal white line appears across but image OK kindly help

Comment

Hi from Austin
                no TV repair experience so far but have a lot of Nakamichi repair experience
                hope to gain from this forum as my Samsung LN-T4061F stopped working! and I had wandered in to this forum when i researched for solutions
                thanks for letting in
                kannan

Comment

Hello, came here cause i need help. male 34 years old from florida. thanks!!

Comment

Howdy! I'm an electronic hobbyist...I've worked with tube amp circuitry with some success (working on a Scott 299 at the moment), and only recently learned about the widespread capacitor problems. After I get the Scott re-capped, I'll be back here and poking around an older Toshiba laptop that has become increasingly unstable. Glad to find this community!

Comment

Howdy y'all ,

Found badcaps after researching a solution to a bench supply failure involving blown caps (and i mean blown, with smoke and sprayed electrolyte).

I'm an electronic enthusiast, i've fiddled with circuits my whole life, and have just recently become interested in teaching myself about the theory behind it all, and possibly applying those skills to do what i love the most, play with electrons!

Looking forward to learning more as a member, hope i have something to contribute of utility as far as my posts/membership, and come with great humility and acceptance of my lack of a proper education in terms of electronic theory.

But i've picked up alot along the way, its just come to the point where i realize i need to hit the books and actually learn the why and how behind electronics, specifically power electronics, and independent sustainable power generation and applications, specifically solar (both PV and passive heat transfer systems), dc load and supply application, in lieu of ac for efficiency reasons, battery usage and charging technology, backup battery systems design, and dc led lighting systems.

The two areas of electronic theory that interest me the most are power electronics, and micro-controller application, specifically arduinos. Which i am just starting to get into as well.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, i'll be browsing the forums the next few days and feeling out this place, before i start a thread involving repair of a bench-top variable current/voltage supply, that seems to have failed due to badcaps

But i'm going to do a fair bit of browsing/searching before doing so, to see if theres already some info here that can be of use in possibly repairing a careless mistake trying to eq charge a semi-sulfated fla, with a bit of internal resistance at a high current, smoking a expensive piece of hardware in the process. The damn three day power outage caused by a 7ft snowfall here high in the norcal mountains, for some reason made me careless when the power came back on and i wanted to get a charge on that cell quick. But i still had enough ah's to pull through with led lights, and my laptop/oldschool simpsons episodes to keep cabin fever at bay lol. Gotta get off the inverter though, and go dc/dc instead of dc/ac/dc. Another thing i'm working on atm. Find a dc supply solution for all my ac loads since power outages are common, both winter and summer round here (bigtime wildfires). Then get enough kwh's in sla/vrla agm's and solar panel's/smart chargers and dc converters/regulators to eventually go off the grid entirely. Effeciency is everything.

Enough for now, glad to be here, and hoping to learn, learn, learn. Both from the resources here, and on my own quest of self education of electronic theory/applications. And hopefully be able to give some knowledge of use back one day in return.

Cheers-
                      Last edited by Suaveman; 12-25-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

hello everyone

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          New to this forum and wish all those who celebrate this time of yr a merry xmas. I am using the holidays to fix my wifes A200 Toshiba. i found the answers on this great forum.
                          If I can return the favour I most certainly will.

Matt

Comment

Tech with 38 years of Consumer Electronic repair service and trying to make post on a TH-50PHW3 Panasonic Plasma TV. Have Solve for most of your problems. Need something for this TV. Authorized repair center for over 15 different companies. Please advise on how to make a post here? Or is this the post? No clear answer on site as to how to make a post first time. thank you.

Comment

HI All, just to let you all no i am a amature repairer, so please go easy on me LOL. Have just mended my Dab Radio that had a faulty volume switch - cutting them little legs off was tedious. I thought It would be scrap anyway - nothing to lose LOL.
                              Computer wise am not a genius, but i get by. hope to learn from you guy's. chat soon , i hope.

Comment

What's up everyone! I'm new to the world of electronics. I can't wait to gather a wealth of information from all you guys.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                  my name is Steve, from Melbourne Australia,
                                  i,m into building electronic kits and curcuits from scratch, i also like to try to repair/restore old electronic equiptment.
                                  I hope i can learn from and contribute to this forum,
                                  kind regards.

Comment

Hi badcaps, what a great site!

I am posting from Athens, Greece.
                                    I have little experience in electronics, though successivelly repaired a couple of samsung monitors, few months ago, with a little help in soldering from my more experienced friends.
                                    I have registered to get help in attempting to repair my lcd-tv, which has just failed on me.

Comment

Hi everyone. I stumbled into this forum hoping to fix a dead Magnavox LCD.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                        Greetings from West Africa. I am an electronic technician who grew up with valves (tubes) and have been dragged along by the rapid advances in technology from pnp germanium transistors to the surface mounted ball grid array present.
                                        Glad to be here.
                                        Timescope

Comment

Good evening badcaps members!

My name is Matt, and I live in a small rural town in Vermont called Thetford. Literally the middle of nowhere. I studied Electronics Engineering Technology at a university in Boston, and am currently employed at the same school as an electronics and computer laboratory assistant. My hobbies include electronics tinkering, repair, and circuit design, as well as computer technology, mathematics, and tutoring for some of the students where I work.

Not sure how many members here I know from elsewhere, but I am also a member at two electronics forums--Electro-Tech-Online and AllAboutCircuits. I look forward to getting to know you guys better. You seem to be a great bunch of guys, and I hope to learn more from you, as well as help others here whenever I can.

Best wishes and kind regards,
                                          Matt

Comment

Working...
                                          X