X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey Guys (and gals).

This is Gregg from SE WI. Very happy to have found this forum. I am a Volvo and electronics enthusiast and hope you can help with a TV issue. I will post as soon as the forum allows me to... hopefully this does it!

Comment

Hey there!

I'm a new posting member, but far from new to the site or BadCaps.net in general. I'm in my later 50's, and though out of it for a number of years, I first started dabbling in electronics some 50 years ago (I was doing electrical soldering at age 8!).

Back in the day, I built a large number of kits--Heathkit, Eico, Knight, and others whose names I've long forgotten at the moment. In the late 70's I also built a very large number of SWTPC (Southwest Technical Products) kits, particularly the audio-related stuff (MANY Tigersaurus's!). I wish I could get a few of them back...moved onto other things, but getting back into (now vintage) audio.

Man, has the world of electronics changed in 50 years!

My interest in this site right now, however, is derived from the 3 year old Panasonic Viera TV that has just failed. My gut tells me I'm not going to get lucky with a simple PSU fix on this one...

Hopefully , I'll be able to contribute something to this site also. That said, please forgive me as I HATE to type, and I'm lousy at it!!

Regards,

mjam

Comment

Hi all!
        Found this forum at google.
        May be this help me with repair Dell U3011 monitor.
        I'm game developer from Ukraine, Crimea pen. under russian occupation.

Comment

Hi Guys! Not an expert, not much of an intermediate, but manage to understand tech materials, diagrams, and follow instructions as to fix anything, plus have soldering and tech skills.

Comment

Hello, all, just trying to get information to repair my Focusrite audio interface.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading quite a few posts on this forum and joined to participate. What brought me here is I am looking for support in repairing a TV. I'll posts details later in the appropriate thread.

Thanks
              Chris

Comment

Hello. My first post on the forum. Need help with an LG tv w/ purple lines. I'll create a new post shortly.

Comment

Hello all. New member here. My name is Aaron Humphries from just east of Cincinnati, OH. Have a couple of repairs needing to make (Proscan PLDED5066A-E PS issue, HP Pavilion 500-164 main board issue). Looking forward to learning - this site looks awesome!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Geoff and I live in the Detroit area.

I've been tinkering with electronics since I was about 10. I'm 47 now, so it's been awhile. I have no formal training in the field, but I generally can tell which end of the screwdriver to use. :-)

My day job is in software development. My hobbies include writing, electronics, car repair, and too many other things to mention.

I just found this site the other day while troubleshooting a Toshiba flat screen TV I liberated from the curb. I've found something interesting, so I'll be posting to ask a question about that when I can.

You folks have a fine day.

--Geoff

Comment

Hi Everyone, I found your forum after browsing some laptop related issues on google. This is my first post. I was a former tech support in a call center in NY assisting people with virus issues and other windows related problems. I'd like to join some discussions especially if it is a troubleshooting related post, that's the reason I registered.

Anyway, I hope we'll all have a good time! Cheers!

Comment

Hi all.

I am an electronics hobbyist to learn and I love watching forums. I do not speak English, I 'm Spanish , but make an effort

I think in this forum I will learn a lot: D

Comment

Hello Forum Members,

Glad to be here in search of more knowledge to be better able to fix things. I am a novice with TV's and love learning and fixing most anything. I have been servicing laptops and desktop systems for over 10 years now. They seems much easier to work with than a TV. I don't know too much about them, other than what I have learned through online searches.

I have only fixed one TV to date, and am working on another now. My sisters ended up being a bad TCON and I surprised myself.

Look forward to much more knowledge

Michael

Comment

Hi, I'm not sure what to say, besides I like to fix things and give them new life. I like to understand the why and how things work or don't work. I appreciate well thought designs and ingenuity. I dislike the idea of poor workmanship, poor design, or being forced to pay more to repair an item than to buy another. I have, on more than one occasion, spent more time and money on something which far exceeded its value, just for the satisfaction of figuring it out and proving it could be done. I guess I'm stubborn but that way.
                            I'd like to thank everyone, in advance, for their contributions.

Comment

Hi all.
                              I am Ion from Romania. Electronics engineer in aviation
                              All the best.

Comment

Hi All, I am a Young Canadian looking to make a few extra dollars fixing TVs in my community. I completed a college diploma in computer engineering and I have good electronics and soldering knowledge. I'm hoping this community of intelligent folks can help me further me knowledge with all things electronic.

Comment

Well im Canadian with a decent amount of electrical through my AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) experience but dang televisions seem to be a different beast altogether haha. This site seems to be very informative and will be asking qiuestions soon. Please bear in mind I am an amature in this department so no laughing haha.

Comment

Heya! New member here. Have been repairing cell phones and laptops and desktops since i can remember. Here to learn a lot of things about the "technical" things. I have been repairing for 4-5 years now and would like to get into motherboard and logic board level repairs.

Thanks!

Comment

glad to be here, at 75 years old I'm glad to be anywhere.
                                      spent 55 years in tv repair business along with teaching television
                                      trade school.. boy, what a waste of time.
                                      still fun to read and tinker.
                                      thanks for having me

Comment

I been a tinkerer for years. Quite a few year back a discovered soldering and the rest is history. I'm a tutorial an diy junkie how also happen to be an electronic pack rat.

Look forward to meeting and interacting with you all.

Comment

Just posting my newbie introduction here... there that wasn't so hard. I inherited a 40" septre LCD tv x425bv-fhd tv, the screen is black power light comes on will not go off unless I unplug it. Also noted no audio. This is identical to a post by DesertRat in 2014, his fix was to install a different mainboard t.rsc8.10a 11153 in a x32? tv. Just want to make sure this will work in my x425bv. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X