Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, noobie here..great site/forum..

Comment

Hello people

Comment

Hello everyone. Just getting into electronics. And picked up a free TV. It's time to let some smoke out!

Comment

Hi, my name is Martynas and I'm from UK. My first language is Lithuanian so I'll be making some mistakes and typo in English
          My hobby is fixing and making any hardware (PC, TV, Arduino stuff, Mobile phones).
          All my knowledge came from internet (Yes, youtube and forums like this), I have no proper education. Because I have no day time job, I started home business that includes fixing anything that customers bring to me
          I have expensive keithley bench DMM, cheap DSO, soldering station and hours of free time.

Comment

hello everybody. I was searching for unlocking a bios chip on my motherboard and glad i found this forum. so much more that im interested in all in one site! real happy to be here

ogtommy

Comment

Electronics is now a hobby since I retired from a computer maintenance co. 10 years ago. My first computer was a South Western Technical Products 6800 kit.. 2K memory 1 Mhz processor, Flex operating system. I am a Amateur Radio operator, and fly my own plane, so I stay busy. Like to repair friends, neighbors, and relatives computers and other electronics gadgets. Glad to find this forum. Oh, age, 91.

Comment

Hello! My name is Mark and I'm a knowledge seeker that likes to have places to go to figure things out. This looks lie a great site so far. Can't wait to get some projects completed!

Comment

I'm a voice over an on camera actor originally from Los Angeles now residing in Dallas Texas.

I used to repair electronics (minor repairs and adjustments) and now I speak about them, Occasionally doing some repairs – like the plasma set I just bought which has vertical lines that I'm trying to resolve.

Comment

Ciao ! my name is Concetto from Sicily , Italy . Great forum !!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paul and I'm from Northern Ireland. My passion is electronics. I work as a technician for Siemens and enjoy attempting to repair anything that is electronic in my workshop .. If I Can.. And when I manage to get a min. . All in my spare time. I enjoy restoration work on Valve radios and Guitar amps. I'm also a part time musician and play keyboards.

I stumbled upon this forum by searching for information on a TV set on line.
                      Looking forward to learning loads from you all.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Hi all.
                        From perth australia and trying desperately not to have to ditch my 50" plasma.

Darren.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Ray and i'm on my last leg from throwing out my 60" Samsung LED TV. If i honestly knew if this company had this many problems i would of went for a different company. This website looks very informative on providing the knowledge to tackle the job!

Comment

I'm retired. My job title was Electronics Tech but I had a soldering iron in my hand only about 2% of the time for the last twenty years. Before that I spent most of my work time building custom circuits using schematics drawn by an engineer. Long ago I repaired a few TVs using Sam's Photofacts. So I'm really out-of-date and out-of-practice as a repair tech. I did manage to replace a surface mount power transistor in a CREE LED flashlight recently, which made me really proud of myself. :-)

I gave an unbelieveably cheap Seiki SE501TS TV from Walmart to my sister a couple of years ago. Now the backlight is dark. The two LED array connectors both show 74VDC on my free Harbor Freight DVM (I really miss having access to lab-grade bench instruments!). That's the limit of my knowledge for this problem.

I'll lurk in the repair forums a while before asking specific questions.

Comment

Hi There! Looking forward to info on how to fix my TV. :-)

Comment

Hi My name is Jim and I am new to the forum I hope that I will be able to gain as well as share knowledge in the future

Comment

Hello, My name is Josh and i'm from Massachusetts, USA. I'm a recent graduate for an Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology and aspire to be an engineering tech. I'm currently employed as a conveyor technician but I spend the majority of my time playing music and repairing / tinkering with electronics - my most recent endeavor being repairing LCD and projection Tvs. I'm here to learn from the experts and also help wherever i am able. Nice to meet everyone!

Comment

Hi all new to this forum, but don't have much expertise to bring to the table. I have always been fascinated with electrical components since the time my Dad and I built an old Heathkit SW receiver. I came across this site while trying to repair my son's Samsung plasma TV. Not having much success with it though, replaced the Y-Sustain and buffers still no joy. Anyway thanks for access to all this wondrful info, hope to make good use of it. Don, aka 72Tiger.

Comment

Hello please help me fix my pn50a550!

Comment

Hi All, Great site
                                        I'm Retired electronics tech, used to fix valve Tv's in the 70's no good now with SMD's can't even see them let alone fix them.
                                        Anyhow have few monitors to fix so I joinned badcaps.

Comment

Hi all,

Discovered this great forum through searches to fix a bad TV PSU...

Came for the info, stayed for the community !

I'm an electronics technician (beginner - intermediate) and hope to help whenever I can.

Comment

Working...
                                          X