This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all! My name is Rhett2go, I'm not a pro, just a guy learning more about a world that I have always been fascinated about (electronics, computers, etc. ) but just didn't have the time to commit to getting the knowledge. Now I'm 48 (probably considered an old fart by most in this forum) and I have a little more time to learn the basics and hopefully more as I go along. So please excuse my elementary knowledge and be gentle with me if I ask a stupid question. I do have most of the tools, the desire, and the drive to "get it"...eventually!

Best of everything good to you!!

Rhett2go

Comment

Hello...name is Cathy. Live in Muskogee Okla. Seeker of knowledge, i try to repair myself and if can't I want to at least do enough research to seek the proper help. Currently struggling through a problem with a Pioneer VSX 1022 receiver that won't go into standby, and shuts itself off. Found an applicable thread on this forum and hoping for a little advice regarding a standby relay.

Comment

Hi
        My name is Tom and live in Lake Havasu City Arizona. (home of the London Bridge)
        I'm new to forums and am [joining to learn. I love to tinker with things to make them work. Looking forward to new interesting topics.

Comment

Just joined. Corey here in Milwaukee WI.

Found this forum when I went looking for what happened to my TV tonight. Great site and can not wait to help.

Comment

Been on here for a while but never posted anything 'till now XD

Comment

Hello there!
              I'm an Electronics enthusiast and hardware design professional from India.
              Bumped into this forum while searching for Samsung 226CW bad cap problem!

Looking forward to interesting projects and topics.

Comment

Hello!
                I found this forum when I was looking for informations about a problem with my laptop.
                I want to say thank you to this forum and all the electronics lovers who help to make it so useful.

Comment

Hey y'all. Dutch import life long tinkerer. Recently came across this site after letting the magic smoke out of a nice Philips plasma and trying to puzzle this thing back together. Have always been in electronics for a living, but more along the lines of building life safety systems and getting my toes wet on component level repair. Hope to find help and be of help in the future!

Comment

Hello, I found your forum trying to troubleshoot my TV and thought I'd try to do it myself. Have only used a solder iron on toy cars, but hey, why not the TV?

Comment

Hello :-)!

Hello,

im Stefano, im 40, im from Italy and i've been a tecnology fan since i was a child. My love with tecnology began when with a Commodore 64, writing little programs in basic (mostly coping and modifying them, like the baloon one which Commodore made available) and playing lovely games like Mission Impossibile, Forbidden Forest, Aztec Challenge, Spike's Peak and many more. I also bought a ZX Spectrum, then moved to the almighty Amiga 500. On the 500 i started learning programming in C/C++ with Lattice C compiler. I remember copying Lattice to the ramdrive to speed up compilation :-) (i had a 2MB [or was it 4?] expansion installed in the side port). After A500 i bought the Amiga 4000 and had loads of fun (but also some sadness for the slowness of AGA chips). My friends and i used to meet to play Amiga games togheter, or just for talking about Amiga utilities, playing with workbench and so on :-). In the sad days of Commodore demise, i sold the A4000 and bought a Pentium 75. I remember being angry at it, in the first days, because of stupid real mode's (or V86 mode) segmented memory addressing until i found out about Protected mode and DOS4/GW (seen used by Carmack in Doom), which helped me in having fun again with programming. Watcom C was my new programming tool

Nowdays i work as programmer in a small software company (Visual Studio <3), doing some 3D and general programming (database and so on). I have an iPad 4 on which i found many lovely indie games (began hating big block buster-all-the-same games). Im also "finishing" a game on iPad, or at least hoping to :P. It's taking ages (busy life, a classic) :-)

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm an IT professional by trade, so used to fixing things myself, always interested in learning new skills though, and as my 50" pan plasma decided to blow up, managed to find your home here as a place to discuss these things and all learn some stuff along the way.

On the personal side, I'm a brit who's been living in SE Asia for almost the last 8 years, so feel free to pick my brains about this side of the world too

Comment

Hi everybody!!
                          My name is Greg and I'm an electrical & industrial computing engineer, which actually does not mean anything more than a title when it comes to repairing something ;-)
                          It thus leads me here, to find some information in order to repair a TV.
                          And it looks like I found the right place to do so.

Hope I'll be able to help somebody, someday.

Greg

PS: by the way, I'm from Grenoble (France)

Comment

My Grandparent's Vizio E320 tv just died and I'm going to take a crack at fixing it. I have a fair amount of experience with electronics but most of the time when I take something apart it never makes it back together. Thanks to everyone who has posted all the great information on this site.

Comment

I made this account to get the "manual" for my M1 Active MK2. I'm in college for music, and tinker here and there for fun. Hopefully I'll find lots of useful things here.

Comment

Hello, I've been in electronics repair for many years starting in the US Navy where I was a radar technician in the 80's. Things have really changed but I still believe in trying to fix something and extend it's life before disposing of it. Glad to be part of the forum, currently I live in Plano, TX north of Dallas. Currently working on fixing an older Samsung ln32a330j1d that has a picture problem.

Comment

Hello. I have been in electronics since mid 80-s. I live in Estonia, which was under Soviet occupation before 90-s. Soviet capacitors were truly bad, especially Armenian ones

Comment

Hi, I am just someone one goggling over night searching for someone that can help with my problem. I am an engineer without money and with an defect TV. I hope to find help here.

Comment

Hi, my name is Paul. I am probably just passing through for a little while. I am trying to fix a 50" Panasonic TV. Your collected wisdom indicates that it is a relatively simple capacitor change. I have isolated the problem to a single capacitor so by tomorrow I will know if it works.

I am not really an electroniker, I am a physicist with lots of instrumentation experience. I worked at the Jet Propulsion Lab for 26 years, mostly in microwave instruments and astrophysics. If I am able to successfully repair my TV, with the forum's help, I will probably not be an active forum member but will be ever grateful for your collective knowledge.

Comment

Hello, I'm a recent member who's willing to solve his problem and become a capacitor geek over the sunny area of the south of Portugal, the Algarve

Being a language teacher, I never thought I would end up in a capacitor forum, so, never say never to never or whatsoever !!

Comment

Hello! My customers call Me CyberDoc. I run a little repair service from my house called CyberDoc Services 21. Glad to join.

Comment

Working...
                                          X