• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. I'm a tech working from Macedonia.

Comment

Hey all. I've ready many useful threads on this forum, yet for some reason never created an account. Well, figured it was time! Lots of helpful people on hear it seems so looking forward to being a part of this forum. Ive been working on electronics since I was a kid, but did start getting down to component level stuff until about 4 years ago when I decided to make a shift from software development to electrical/computer engineering. Finished about 2/3 of my computer engineering degree when a business opportunity became available to me and I put everything on hold to pursue that. I'm from Bozeman, MT.

Comment

I am just an old Ham Radio operator who tinkers with electronics. I stumbled on this site searching for solution for an overheating APC 1400.

thanks,
        David Billingsley
        9610 Rochelle Rd
        San Antonio, TX 78240

K5SAT

Comment

Newbie - That's me on this forum. I am usually on the bike forum, but do enough circuit probing that I occasionally trespass into this forum as well. The people here are nice and friendly (unlike many forums) and I am pleased to officially register.

I am a retired USPHS Physician Assistant PA-C LCDR and even though I more or less deal with the medicine I am one of those "Jack All Trades" & "Master of Nothing" guys.

Yes, I am one of those guys whose wife gets upset because some appliance is strewn over the dinning table and my only excuse is that's its broken and I don't know why.

Never mind that putting it back together is not as important as the fix or replacement.

It's the "Why" that gets me...

I see a lot of that here and hope to have some fun...

I have limited electronic training with multiple interests. I am a Ham radio operator KD5YVG, all my computers are Linux based, and I prefer lead solder...

Comment

New to the forum. trying to fix my Samsung 2493HM and this site has been extremely helpful so far.

Here's hoping I don't have to get more help.

Comment

New member to the forum here. Looking to dive into some electronic repair, and found this site. Lot's of information here to read, and learn from.

Comment

Good evening! Food salesman by day, LED Lighting connoisseur by night ;-) Google introduced me to this great forum earlier this evening while searching for repair tips on a Dell 2007FPb LCD Monitor. Can't wait to see what other great info these boards have. Going to be a late night I'm sure because this place is right up my ally.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Mikey

Comment

Hi - I've just registered here after hearing about you guys from a thread on another forum regarding replacing the caps in a M-Audio Delta 1010, which were initially designed with only-just-good-enough caps. 15 years later, they're dropping like flies in semi-pro recording studios around the world.
                  I'm a recording engineer, I have a low-end 16 track studio (with the wayward Delta 1010 at its heart), filled with high-end musicians. I've also spent 10 years in the film and TV business in the UK, as a location sound recordist. My experience of electronics and soldering has been almost entirely within this field, and my journey into electronic repair has been out of necessity when my (far too old) audio gear goes wonky. I'm here to pick up tips about modding/repairing old audio gear and save myself some cash.

Comment

hey, Paul here! just hoping to learn some tips and tricks along the way!

from England, UK.

pretty much just a newbie!

Comment

Hi i'm DIY type learning to troubleshoot tvs

Comment

Hi, I'm a handy, DIY type, but I don't have much experience troubleshooting or repairing electronics. I'm looking to learn!

-Steve

Comment

Hi, I'm system administrator from Croatia. But I like to do hardware repairs and modding.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm a DIY'er and a regular on the Overclock.net forum, so some of you may have seen me there under the same screen name. I find myself coming here a lot for the information, so I figured I might as well finally sign up for an account.

Comment

Hi, I am new to the forum, and here to just ask for specific help for my LG 47LN540V. This forum seems helpful and busy, which is why I made an account.

Comment

Hi just joined this forum just trying to work out how to navigate the site sorry if this is in the wrong section

Comment

Hi just looking for info on plasma TV picture issues

Comment

Hi There!

Comment

hello, my i'm Nate from ft wayne IN. i dabble in almost all electronics. mostly small repairs. into all things R/C

Comment

Hello all I'm Mike from MO. I'm always fixing electronics and sometimes need a little help. Have found a lot of useful info here in the past, so figured it was time to become a member. (since I'm need more help)

Comment

Hey all, been sponging info from this forum for about a month or so. I have found a lot of useful information.

Comment

Working...
                                          X