This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks! Nice to find a board that works with boards, so to speak. I've been working with computers for nearly 30 years and I've never gotten tired of them. I joined this board to learn more about component level repairs and maybe, every once in a while, contribute something useful.

Comment

Hello fellow techies, wow most of you are way more qualified then I am lol, I'm just a DIY guy from computers to Jeeps to plumbing. Firm believer that your never to old to learn or to teach. I'm hoping to learn a thing or two about making simple repairs to motherboards and other electronics and I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. Introduced to your site because it was the only place I could find the drawings for a dead laptop i'm curiously working on. Seems I have a bad mosfeet on the board or fuse or something. Got alot of research to do just to be able to test the basic components on the board to see where my problem is. Anyway there's nothing a determined man can't fix especially with access to thousands of brilliant minds on the internet so hope you dont mind that I ride your coat tails to success. All for now.

Gerry
      Sudbury, Ontario , Canada.

Comment

Hello all.

Comment

very novice to tv repairs, but trying to learn!

Comment

Hi I just found this site while searching for information to repair a Sony KDL 46EX720 as I have been looking around the internet a lot and it seems the first sign I have found of anyone making any sense was Here. So I have signed Up.. :o)
            I have worked on doing all sorts of Electronic repairs since I was knee high to a grasshopper and have fixed things as small as digital watches and as big as a construction crane. But I am self taught so I often lose classically trained technicians when they refer to things using text book analogy.
            I live in Australia on the east cost in a little place called Brisbane and my names Andrew . I am 51 years old as of this year so I'm an old Fart now
            I hope that covers the introduction part.
            If anyone knows anything more about the Sony I mentioned it would be greatly appreciated.. All extra knowledge is good. It has the dreaded 4 red blinks

Comment

Hey guys!

Just looking to take up a new hobby. I recently acquired a few LCD tvs that need fixing, in my initial research I got a few hits leading me here. The site has a lot of good stuff. Hoping to learn a great deal more here!

I'm a tier 2 Tech Support Engineer for a ASP in MN, I support Symantec Enterprise software products. I'm farm grown and now live in the city. Most people don't understand why I drive a big 4x4 truck. lol. I've always had an interest in electronics but never had an opportunity to learn, growing up in a rural area.

Comment

Hi all, I've been using computers sisce the early 90's and repairing since 98 but right now I'm looking to fix a LG FLATRON wt1943ts-pf and I cannot get the bezel off. I was hoping someone here could help!!

Comment

hello to all

Comment

hello to all

Comment

Hello from southern Illinois !
                      I just joined group and looking forward to researching information on a newly formed hobby. Thanks

Comment

Hello, everyone!
                        My plasma TV just stopped working and that has sparked my interest in capacitors and hopefully figuring out how to fix it. This place seems loaded with information!

Comment

Hi, I have a background in electronic dating back to the '70s, but spent the last 20 years in management. Having just retired back in November, I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum to help me improve and keep my skills up to date.

Comment

Hello all found this site in a Google search while I was looking for info on how to repair my Samsung LED T.v. I am somewhat of a electronics junkie I would love to be able to repair it for much cheaper than a shop.

Comment

Thanks for this form, I have read it several times and it is very helpfull, and has great info. I have had a bit of trouble enabling my account to see pictures so i hope this time I get it right.

John

Comment

hi im roger i strive to learn more every day

Comment

Hello, my name is Dario from Italy. There is a very nice community here!

Comment

hey all, EE student and home electronics tinkerer. just got my workspace set up in my new apt, tackling some thriftstore electronics repairs, this forum seems pretty helpful! xcited to be apart of the community.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Jason and I reside in Georgia. I am new to TV repair and joined your community in search of assistance.

Looks like a very helpful community. Thanks for any help in advance and hope I can help in the future.

Comment

Hi All,
                                        Joey from NY here, Found some great info here and decided to join
                                        Hope to contribute and help out as well
                                        Thanks

Comment

Hello all

Comment

Working...
                                          X