This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey all, my name is Peter. I have a plasma TV I'm trying to resurrect and have been unable to find anyone with a similar issue. Just found this board though and it sounds looks like the most technically savvy group out there.

Comment

Hi all my name is Zach I am a certified Toyota technician so cars are more my thing but when my 42" Vizio died on me I thought I would give it a shot. I started throwing random parts at it and it has gotten me nowhere, then out of the blue I found this forum. it had my exact problem and how to fix it for 0.86$ I was amazed. I plan on learning more about TV's and other electronics and thought this was the best place to start.

Comment

Hi My name is Don. I was a tech for 32 years. Found this site while looking for some tips on sony tv . Funny what you can find if you google it. What would we do with out it.

Comment

Hi My Rick

I have been in the IT industry for around 6 years now (PC Sales/Repairs)

But in recent time i have expanded in to fixing mobile phones and now slowly branching out to other devices (TV/Monitors)

And I have found this site which has a great amount of info on it and im guessing clued up people

Comment

Hey all, I have a computer monitor I'm trying to resurrect and have been unable to find anyone with a similar issue. Just found this board though and it looks like the most technically savvy group are out here.

Comment

Hi! I'm Marv. I'm from the Toledo Ohio area. I've been working on electronics for over 30 years. I was playing with electronics even before that in my parents basement. Playing with old tube type tvs and occasionaly actually making one work! I had my very own bw tv in the basement and pulled in about 3 whole stations. I took data processing my last 2 years of high school and continued to become a computer operator for about 7 years while I still worked on tvs. I eventually decided to do electronics servicing full time which has continued over 30 years now. I still like to work with computers too although they've changed a lot since I worked with them years ago. I have came across this forum occasionally when I'd be searching for info on problems I've encountered. So thought I'd join. I may be able to help and may be able to get some help. Kind of the same thing some of us local servicers have done over the years but there not many left now.

Comment

Hi, I'm an ex-professional recording engineer and audio tech, looking for info to help with resuscitating monitors when they fail in my studio, and pleased to be a part of this great forum!

Dan

Comment

Hello

My name is Joe and i guess you could say I like to tinker withe things. i am fairly new to the LCD TV world but it seem interesting. i had a 73" DLP TV given to me that didnt work. i knew the symptoms so i began researching forums before i even had the TV. i came across someone with the exact same issues. the person that gave me the TV must have also looked it up and tried to replace the color wheel sensor but the problem was still there. when i got the TV home i found the board with the sensor was mounted backwards and the soldering was not done well. i fixed the solder joints and mounted the sensor correctly and BAM i had a 73" HD DLP TV with a beautiful picture. still using it today. have to replace the bulb about every 8 months but the TV is used frequently! Normal TV, Xbox,Wii, Netflix.

thanks and i hope to learn some new things here

Joe

Comment

Name: Kevin Champion
                    Company: AceVision Ultrasound
                    Title: R & D Engineer

Myself and a buddy of mine started an Ultrasound repair company 8 months ago. I was put in charge of all the R & D as well as testing and repairing of parts. I have two degrees from DeVry, one being an electronics degree and the other a technical management degree. I deal a lot with component repairs and need help time to time identifying these components and will help in return where I can.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone,

my name is Thanos, BSc EEng and MSc Technology Management. Practical electronics rookie, looking to expand knowledge on the field as a hobby. Main expertise is software development C/ObjC and iOS/OSX platforms.

Comment

Hello. My name is Kalin. I'm from Bulgaria.I'm a computer technician in a electronics repair shop. Everyday we deal with a lot of servicing , repairing and testing every kind of electronics you can think of. I read a lot of things you guys post in here and it helps me keep doing my work successfully. Good stuff, keep it up guys.

Comment

Hi, My name is Mia and I am new to the tech support world. I am working a tech support job while going to school. Mostly pc stuff, but some AV (which I know zero about). I'm hoping to learn a lot in a short period of time. Everyone else who I work with seems to know much more than me!!!!!!

Comment

Hello, I'm an auto tech in Ontario Canada. Googling an attempt to repair a tv brought me here.

Comment

Hello my name are William im are Cellular tech for Last 14 Years, and work on pc for 20 Years, i just know: We can Learn lessons for Everyday, at the end of class are the Dead!
                              We hope Best for all!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Hi all. My name is Glenn and my profession was a construction mechanic and fabricator. I became disabled about 12 years ago but I can't sit still. Just tinker now but it keeps me alive.

Comment

Hi all. I work on computers for a hobby as well as other things such as electrical device. I found this forum while trying to find a way to resurrect a Dell Ultrasharp 2405FPW.

Comment

Hello I love to break electronics down to see how they work then put it all back together so I learn the know how, I'm a computer junkie and a hugh gamer on pretty much anything that I can play games on. I'm still fairly new to learning about how to fix certain electronical items like tv for example.

Comment

hey my name is justin and my samsung tv quit working

Comment

hey mmy name is justin i took on a samsung 46' lcd tv project i am tring to fix the tv standby light is on but the screen will not do anything can yall please help me thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X