This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, searches lead me to this cool site. Hope to learn more.

Comment

Hi
      I stumbled upon this site and found you guys are 'ME!
      Wonderful to be into a Electronics 'Hands-on' type of site.

;p]

Comment

Hi everyone-
        I am sort of new here. I actually joined the forum in 2011 under another name. I was really impressed with the knowledge that got passed around in those days. I believe I posted a time or two, but mainly came here to read and learn. For some reason, my old account is frozen so I started this new one.

I am probably one of the older guys here. I'm in my mid 50's and came up on vacuum tubes, and high voltages. Caps back in the day had to be tough! I learned to program computers on the IBM360. I moved into telecommunications and IT and have worked in telephone CO's as a switchman, done various forms of programming, hardware maintenance, and power distribution. Blah blah! lol

My real love in electronics is audio equipment, whether vintage or newer in design.

Anyway, glad to be on board here. I am more of a reader than a poster, but look forward to having a chance to post now and again.

Thanks for the great site.
        asciiman

Comment

I wanted to join to learn as much about electronics a i possibly could. I am a do it your self kind of person and love to tinker with electronics ( usually just tvs). Although my electronic knowledge is extremely basic, i can't wait to learn more!

I am a proud father of one in my mid twenties. I love to fish, watch movies, and spend time with my family.

Comment

Wassup yall

Comment

Another new guy here. Trouble with my TV so started Googling around and stumbled across the Badcaps forum. Seems like a great resource.

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys, i have been reading a lot on this forum for a while now, and i almost always find what i want to know from the list of posts but i just decided to join the forum now. i like to take apart broken tv's and figure out the problem i usually solve the problem reading posts from masters like you. and i have learned a ton but there is always something new to learn every day.

Comment

sorry i forgot to mention i,m Pretty good at computers, software wise, virus, malware, adware and hardware problems on computers are way easier to figure out than TV's

Comment

Hello,
                    Newbie at this; but I have been in the electronics business since 1978 and not ready to sit under the porch yet.

It seems that today the manufactures want you to change boards for repair. Every manufacturer has different designs, and it is hard to keep up. Either I am slow or the changes taking place are too fast.

Comment

Greetings from the south east (US)!

Stumbled across this site and knew immediately this would be a great place to hang out once i found the forums. The amount of collective knowledge here is astounding and everyone seems so friendly.

I'm a computer professional and have many years of experience with everything ranging from low end consumer PCs to million(s) dollar business gear that fills entire rooms. My experience with most of it doesn't typically reach all the way down to problems with individual capacitors, but on occasion I have gotten my hands dirty with that sort of thing. Everything 'up' from there is fair game, though. Networking, storage, virtualization, security, cloud, backups, you name it I've got a handle on it and am eager to share with people here.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Comment

Hello!

Just joined, because I am having some issues with an old BENQ FP767 TFT Screen, and noted a number of Threads that covered this model.

I suspect I have some bad Capacitors, so will follow the Threads, identify which fellas are the most likely to need replacing, test if mine are bad, and will see about carrying out the repairs.

I have one or two other TFTs with similar problems, so may well get them out, dust them off (they've been sat in the cellar for a while now), and will see if they too can be repaired.

Thanks to all for the excellent Posts on this Forum.

Comment

Hi all, I stumbled here while looking for electronics repair info. I've been in the computer industry for nearly 20 years and I'm working on getting back into electronics as a hobby.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            I'm Tom, and 8 years later you guys are almost at 400 pages!

I came here looking for solutions to my 2 side projects :
                            fix my Samsung Syncmaster 223BW monitor
                            fix my Samsung TV

I don't know where to go but the caps on my power board for the monitor have grown. ^^
                            I also haven't looked inside my TV yet to see what the problem is but I'm certain it's bad caps.
                            AMD Phenom II X4 OC'd @3.7 :: Gigabyte UD5P:: Phantek PH TC14CS
                            8gb DDR3 RAM: 2 x kingston hyper X, 2x corsair XMS3
                            Lian Li :: BDD :: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD
                            Radeon HD6850 :: Corsair GS600

Comment

Hi I am trying to post for a while. Hope this is it. Nick name FROSTY, FIXING HOME ELECTRONICS FOR A FEW YRS. USE THIS SITE A LOT. Hope I can help out on some issues

Comment

Hi all,

Real names Andy and decided to join after loitering for a while.
                                Currently working in a CEM assembling/testing PCB's so have some access to hot air reflow.
                                Been given 2 laptops that have issues, a HP G56 that doesn't boot very often, need to investigate around the AMD processor/xtal and my daughters Toshiba C660 that has a speckled LCD but the VGA out is fine, possibly the LCD cable or the chip that splits the grahics between the LCD and the VGA out. Might need reflowing.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Rick and I joined a while back and just realized I hadn't introduced myself yet that I know of anyway but I have learned a lot from reading different threads here. I'm glad there is a sight like this where you can get help with problems or help others if you can and the people are friendly as well which is not always the case, so hello all and thank you.

Comment

signing in for the first time, trouble shooting unfortunately lead me here

Comment

Hello all my name is Rod, new to the site.. a electronic tinkerer

Comment

Computer student who has a shorted board that i need some help with.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I've been working on electronics in some form or fashion since I was 9 (1968). My dad noticed I liked tearing into stuff and trying fixing it, so he bought me Radio Shack's 101 Electronic Projects kit, which I finished in a few weeks. He then enrolled me in Heath Kits Electronic courses, which I finished when I was 13 or so. The final was building that Zenith TV if I recall.

I joined the Air Force in 1978 and worked as a 30351 Air Traffic Control Repair. After the Air Force I started working as an Electronics Engineer and night time DJ for several radio stations for a few years. Bought my first C64 back about then as well and taught myself Assemby and Machine code. Wrote Radio Visions software that allowed music directors to program music each day on a print out so they could control their sound better on the air. Sold quite a few copies.

I then wound up down in Georgia when they moved CCA Electronics out of New Jersey to Fairburn. Worked there for a few years on AM/FM and Shortwave transmitters.

Then moved to Milwaukee and became Muzak's Assistant Chief Engineer. Pretty good gig, but way to much politics. Took my C64 to the next level and added a Skyles interface and a CBM 9090 drive along with two FSD 1001's. Needed it so I could run DataComm III BBS (ran CNET BBS software).

Got to be good friends with one of the lead engineers at Commodore and wound up testing the Amiga 2000 for them. That turned into me leaving Muzak and starting my own video company called AVP (Animated Video Productions). Worked with NewTek, Commodore, Panasonic and 3M as well as wrote for AVID and Computer Graphics World magazines.

Sold off AVP and started working with PC's, Marketing groups and manufacturers in understanding computers and how to help companies get ahead. During all this time I was still working at various radio stations doing electronics.

Got off the road around 1999 and worked as the Marketing Director for a major company. Still working in radio though on the side and saw that radio was lacking anything worth a crap for automation software. Everything was DOS based or opened a DOS shell in windows to make it look like it ran in windows. Met up with a fellow computer geek/programmer and we brainstormed for a few months designing a true windows based automation system. It was the first ever on the PC, Web Jockey... which now is called Jockey Pro. So far about 1500 stations (broadcast and/or internet) world wide use the software.

Today I'm still working in radio doing this or that in electronics, dabble with the occasional juke box, repair PC's and TV's. Currently my real job is as a Floor Tech for a major food warming supplier.

This looks like a great place to swap ideas!

James Flinn
                                          James Flinn - Tech at large

Comment

Working...
                                          X