This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am from Mexico, My first computer was keyboard that connects to tv, with DOS and Basic Program got so into that I got a bachelor degree in computer systems 20 years ago, I have been working with computer since then.

Comment

Good day,
      new to the forum, my background is mostly on DC electrical equipment of the motive power type. I am a Professor at a local Community College and instruct technicians in the trades of automotive, truck and coach repairs. I mostly teach electrical to my students but I have dabbled in electronics most of my life. Being on the other side of the hill now afford me more time to play with electronics and learn more about something I was quite passionate about as a kid, among other things Anyways, I have an interest in learning about TV repair and I'm hoping to get educated on this forum as well as a couple other forums I belong to. Hope to talk to you soon and learn what you already know.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone.
        I found this site while looking for info on fixing my broken LCD monitor. That was almost half a year ago, but i never really got around to give it a try until now. Also, I wouldn't mind learning a bit about electronics because there is always something to fix around here.

Comment

Hello,
          I'm new here.
          Happy to join this community.

Comment

Hello there!

New guy here, happy to join!

Comment

Hello! This is the first time that I am participating of a forum. I am an electronic technician (retired), and I came here to get some help about LCD monitors. I hope I can help others, too. Thank you!

Comment

Hi,got my start in playing with repairing electronics during the infamous samsung capacitor
                jinx of 2008/09...I was frustrated when my 52"lcd shut down about a month out of warranty.That got me started with many trips to you tube and the many helpful tutorials and after realizing that I could repair the unit for about 4 dollars...I was hooked.I am strictly a novice,but the tips I have received along the way have helped me keep a few dozen flat screens out of the landfills,I look forward to working with you folks,thanks.

Comment

hi everybody!
                  i am new in this community
                  happy to join!

Comment

Hello,
                    i live in France and i d like to know if i buy electronic component from the US like for example a power supply unit, would i have a problem with the voltage, here in France its 220 volts and its 110 volts in the US. Its for a pio plasma...with the led red light problem
                    Thanks

Comment

Hello Members
                      My name is Tom
                      I am an electronic technician in the TV repair business.
                      I graduated with an associates degree for electronics at Springfield Technical Community College in 1965 and I have been self employed for most of my career.
                      My first calculator was a slide rule but could never figure out how to plug it in.
                      I am presently living in Largo Florida and still operating my TV repair business.
                      I should be retired but I still want something challenging to do.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                        Hobby electronics guy from Iceland here!!

So - on my free time Im fixing electronics, and sometimes building something new.

Comment

Hi new guy from SC. Mostly have old school arcade background looking to learn more.

Comment

Yo

Comment

Computer ignorance here

Comment

Greetings all,

Came here following a thread on a PlayStation 24" 3D Display that I just picked up. I've been into computers since the 1980's on an IBM dual floppy 8088. I love computers and am always ready to learn more. Happy to join!

Comment

Hello the Badcaps community,

I am glad to introduce myself in such an active and competent community. Well i am from Europe. I am a civil electrical engineer. One of my hobbies is to get electrical equipment saved from landing to the local dump. Most of the failures are nearly nothing important. I became aware of the crucial role of chemical Caps since I was student. I started "recaping" a CD101 CD player form Philips which was equipped which the dreadful BCOD - blue capacitors of death-. Most of my equipment is second hand, and/or repaired, and I feel very happy with that. Old pieces of equipment could still be easily repaired. This statement is not always true with new ones. Well now you know why I am here!!!

Comment

Hi,
                                    I'm new here seeking knowledge and wisdom.
                                    Or just some help with my Tv.

Comment

Hi All, New to the board and looking for help to repaid LCD tv that suddenly went black but I could hear sound and see backlight on causing dark glow.

Comment

Well, after several different injuries over the past 7 years, I was forced to more home time. The boredom was quenched by initially starting with learning about PC stuff, from understanding the lingo, to bypassing "trial" and "demo" stuff (talking mid 00's) more for the learning as I wasn't interested in the software. This lead to a bunch of debugger usage, etc. In more recent times, I started thinking back to an MCS 3233 I had in my teens that my dad gave me that served well for 11 years before croaking and getting tossed thinking it was unfixable, then misguided thought thinking a "new" stereo would sound better anyways. Couple months ago I revisited the notion of wondering why my "modern" Pioneer, with 3x the wattage, sounded 3x less vibrant, flat, and seemed to have be less powerful sounding than that old 33wpc I had back in the day. A very lucky chance visit to CL found a step up, and typically harder to find bigger brother 3245 (in very good condition) of that old 3233 I had, and now I'm tinkering with different audio, which is why I joined the forum.

Comment

Hello to all BadCaps Guys 'n Girls,

I'm Archie and i cam to this site after i was searching on the web today to find me a solution for my old 2408WPF (Dell) computer screen, which seems to be on holiday now after i put some current on ... I visited several sites before already today but i decided to join this one because it seems that it's members are really trying to help the owner of the troublemaker(s) as far as I could read already for the time being. About myselfs, I have only a little electronic knowledge (or maybe it's even better when i say that it is more zero than little ) but i'm eager to learn .... I hope I can contribute something to this site in a positive way even when my knowledge is less. Sincerely Archie.

Comment

Working...
                                          X