• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello folks

Comment

Hello my name is Kris and i am looking to get help with my broken LG TV.

Comment

Hello there,
        I'm Yann, I am French and I am registered on your help forum to advance in the repair of problems on my TV.
        Best regards.

Comment

Hi,
          I'm a new guy in this forum. Trying to fix my Sharp tv

Comment

Thanks for wonderful technical assistance.

Comment

Hi all, I stumbled across this forum looking for information on troubleshooting backlight inverters. I'm a DIY kind of guy whose not afraid to open up anything (I take good notes so I can put it back together). I love to learn and get a lot of satisfaction from it.

Comment

Another new member:

Stumbled unto this place checking into Nichicon lytic caps....very useful info....already learned a lot. Have about 24 channels of microphone preamps from the 80-90s I am planning to update. Meaning IC and cap updates. Dont know if anyone here interested...If so I will post progress here. Really easy and cheap way to get top notch mic pres!!! Well hello to everybody here.

Comment

Hi there! Directed here by the registration system, so... :P

I'm from Missouri in the USA, and I'm here because I've been repairing more than a few monitors lately (Mostly Dell-branded BenQs from the internals, I'd say) and have pulled assistance from several threads off and on... thought I ought to be able to ask questions directly - I've had a few stump me here and there - and maybe potentially contribute.

Comment

Good day All!

Been perusing the very helpful Audio Equipment Discussion threads the past couple of weeks to the point I decided to register to pose my question (be sure to look for my first post).

But first the formalities. Think I got 5 or 6 replies down this thread to find myself already feeling at home (and feeling 'old'). I, too, started on a C64 with a 1541 floppy drive and a 13" RCA color TV. The good ole days... I still remember having issues with my 1541 going out of alignment and we could only surmise at the time it was due to hacking the single sided floppies into dual sided with a hold punch. Regardless, the damn thing would clack so bad it wouldn't even read valid disks. I was a sophomore in high school at the time and thought I'd be grounded for life as I had broken the computer my parents spent so much money for. But then my programming teacher came to the rescue and agreed we'd attempt to fix with a 'no guarantee' clause. He managed to locate some disk alignment software and we tore that sucker apart in class one day, ran through the process and got it working! Best part, he asked all the girls in class if any of them had finger nail polish, which he applied to the screws to help keep the head from moving. Brilliant.

From that day forward I've been hooked. I've been in the IT field since high school starting with data entry, systems administration, design/deployment of technology solutions, and even selling technology as a trusted advisor. Been quite a ride. Lately, in my spare time, you'll find me tinkering with electronics, primarily Arduino. Which led me to the thought process that I might be able to fix my Polk Audio subwoofer that refuses to power on. And hopefully I'll get an answer to my question in the next, oh, hour and a half or so!

EB
                    Last edited by VirtualEB; 08-03-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hi, there:

My name is Jim and am looking for some help and/or guidance to attempt to repair my Magnavox 42" LCD television.

Comment

Good day to All, I am Just a Newbie try to do more for myself another by learning new ways of doing things. I have been the computer business for sometime now and been trying to do more in terms of electronic to help others. I hope I am at the right place as I check a few post here and they were very helpful. I hope I can also assist in any way I can.

Comment

My name is James and have surfed around this site for a while and hope to learn as much as I can from such a great group of people.

Comment

Hi there, brad from michigan. Looking for some help on a TV that's stuck in stand by mode and not sure where the appropriate thread is to post to. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Top Cat wants an intro, Top Cat gets an intro!!

I found computers when I ran a TV camera back in Jesus' time and saw that there was this cool typewriter looking thing that could print out pie charts on dot matrix printers and I figured it would just be a matter of time before people would put them together and use graphics on TV. I decided to get into computers and the only training I could find was a university that taught COBOL, RPG and FORTRAN. My first computer was an IBM 360 Model 30 with 64K running DOS 1.0 from punch cards and was the size of three refrigerators pushed together.

When I retired I had a state of the art mainframes that is still dwarfed in capacity by the water-cooled PC I play with now. I love to fix rather than replace, but frankly that is mostly with cars, washing machines and other stuff that breaks around the house. I have noticed that the good toys seem to break because of bad capacitors and I am tired of throwing otherwise perfectly good stuff into landfills - and I am suspicious that there might just be a plot to put poor capacitors with known leaking age into electronics timed to their warranty period. I hope I can learn enough here to thwart their evil plan by replacing the poor with the good.

Thanks for the opportunity guys!

Comment

Hello, just purchased a broken Panasonic 50s30 and wound up getting in a little deeper then I originally thought. There seems to be some friendly and knowledgable folks here so I look forward to learning more, thanks

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm here after stumbling across the site when doing a Google search to try and resolve an issue I have with my (old) Sharp Aquos TV

Comment

Hello, same sad story, broken TV and clueless. Newbie and fledgling lurker.

Comment

Hello, Garrett from Wisconsin. I'm currently pursuing my bachelors in audio engineering and have came across this site several times while repairing audio equipment. Today I decided it was time to join the conversation.

Comment

Hi, trying to fix the blinking red light of death issue with my Playstation 3D HDTV. The information here is very helpful!

Comment

Too many bad caps out there, too little time to fix them all. Even My fan has a bad cap. Not in electronics, but I know some stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                          X