X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,
    Old, retired English electronics technician biddy here, who built her first computer (a British Amateur Computer Club 77/68 6800 based machine, which I still have!), in '78,'79 on Veroboard, with a wirewrapped backplane in a half width Vero case.

Since then have had ZX81, Spectrum, BBC Micro's, Acorn Archimedes A420/1, A3020's, Acorn RISC PC's, various Windows PC's, and am currently posting from an Intel i7 930 based PC.

However the reason I joined this forum was to get info on the Fuji F9222L switching controller problems used in many Samsung LCD TV's, and I'm glad to say that I have done so! So many thanks to those who previously posted answers to similar problems to m own.

Comment

Hello to everybody !

I have searched this forum b4 and have been impressed with the tech knowledge,so I thought i would subscribe and try and give something back.
      I worked in consumer electronics for 35yrs until thing got so cheap,people started binning them and the work gradually dimished.
      I know work in industrial electronics but still have a passion for fixing tvs and anything electronic.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Comment

Gidday. I'm Peter originally from NZ but 35 years now in Australia. NZ'rs are notoriously hackers, living so far away from sources of parts and equipment. I'm a firm believer that there is a solution to everything that is simpler than most people think (well when I find a solution it is usually simpler than I initially thought). This belief was reinforced from 7 years exploring the Nullabor desert in Western Australia, as a Field Assistant responsible for provisioning the expeditions you couldn't anticipate or stock for every problem. I developed the belief that when a problem arrived if you looked around carefully you would find that the solution had actually arrived beforehand, this would be some piece of rubbish discarded nearby, some perfect shaped rock or fallen branch or some recent event that pointed to the cause and thus solution. Studied the entire 32 chapters of 'Digital and Analogue Logic Circuits' for Stage One Electrical Engineering Uni exam that was only based on the first 8 chapters, got 70% but dropped out . Long history of computer play, support and repair in various scenarios including major Telco where I installed pole mounted equipment and developed operational system support software. Never been keen on coding software but like hacking the functions of one solution to enhance another and have recently found Ruby on Rails seems to embrace that concept.

Comment

Hi,

After having a bunch of devices fail me during the course of the year, I figured I would register and ask for advice on how to fix them in a bid to lessen my frustrations and learn something in the process. Cheers!

Comment

Hi everybody,
            My Vizio TV seems to have a bad mainboard, but I just want to be sure.

Comment

Hello all,

My LG Plasma TV seems to have a bad PSU board, but I just want to be sure.

Comment

Hey everybody! I am a full time musician that provides live sound/lighting and also DJs weekly in various clubs. I repair all of my own gear, and hope to "gain" some knowledge from friends on here. See what I did there?

Comment

New member here! I've been searching around the web in search of help to repair my tv. I am a do it yourselfer and will try anything with a little guidance.

Comment

Hello, I'm Kevin. I am originally from Missouri but am now in San Diego, CA. I don't have much experience in repairing electronics, but I have experience in repairing electrical issues with cars and trucks.

Comment

Hi everybody, came here to see if my issue with my tv is fixable or not, definitely a nice little knowledge base here so I hope you guys can give me a happy answer

My name is Paul from Brisbane Australia, no stranger to playing with and building computers not scared to pull stuff apart and have a go myself, bit of a jack of all trades so i pick things up pretty easily

Comment

Hi i like badcaps forms and hello to everyone glade to be a member i fixed alot of tvs reading the forms

Comment

Hi, I'm Andzar, I want to master electronics repairs and I found some good informations here.

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              I've always liked working on computers ever since the TRS-80 days in high school up until now. I had to take a little break to play some football in the NFL but now I'm back at it and just wanted to hello and I will be asking lots of questions.

Comment

Long time lurker, just thought I would introduce myself to everyone. Have always loved the site and has helped me greatly on several occasions. Looking to give a lil something back finally. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, just here to fix my son's Sony PS3 3D TV, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot along the way. Thanks!

Comment

So my first time using a forum. I'm logged in as Tech38. I found this site trying to fix a TV. Hopefully, with your help I can fix it. My mother in-law would really appreciate it and make me a hero for the day.

Comment

hello

Comment

Howdy, I'm new here, but I have been around the block a few times with DIY repairs. I joined to learn how to fix bad capacitors, so it looks like I am in the right place.

Comment

Hi! I'm a spanish computer technician who is now learning more about electronics and hardware repairs, so I came here to improve myself

This forum has been a great information source for me, and surely it will be in the future

Comment

Working...
                                          X