This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

so... here i am while searching the www for good repair guides for my broken plasma.

i guess i found the right place - got all information to fry it 100%

Comment

Hi friends, Im Jonathan from PerĂº, I found this forum searching info about a problem with a motherboard ECS and helped me a lot to change bad capacitors. I hope to learn and share my information too.

Comment

Hi Folks!

My name is Dave and I am an IT guy in Missouri. I have been a guest of the site for a while while chasing sparks and its really time for me to join

I have a fair amount of electrical background but not much in the consumer electronics world.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Hello I am new to this forum, I have joined to find out information about fixing electronics.
          I found an 42 LCD tv at the side of the road without a broken screen and thought I would take it home, I looked inside and found some burnt wires (touching a heatsink) I replaced them and it worked, but I have had other problems along the way, I found 6 bulging caps 3 on the power supply and three on the inverter, which I replaced and success it worked again, but it keeps getting a fault where the power supply transformer whines and then I loose the picture. Its very similar to this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24503
          Hopefully I will find the fault but I know I will need help, It started again earlier today I opened it up located the transformer whine and then my knowledge let me down, I have put it back together and it works again, but I don't know for how long.
          Any help with this matter would be great.
          And the Newman jokes are always welcome
          Thank you

Comment

Hi, my name is Larry. I am completely new to working on electronics. I discovered by doing research on the internet that fixing LCD TVs is not that difficult. Well, at least replacing bad caps is not that difficult. I live in Modesto, CA. I am very happy to find this forum.

Comment

Hello folks, a Google search brought me here and I am not involved in the electronic industry at all. However I hate to throw away a piece of kit that just needs a bit of fettling (as we would say in my native county of Lincolnshire in the UK).
              I built my first PC back in the 90's, a 486 with 4 meg ram and have continued building and upgrading ever since. The latest is water cooled which filled me with trepidation whilst building it but three years down the line all is well. Not the old monitor that I use as my second screen hence my visit and registration.

I am looking forward to furthering my education.

Cheers

J.

Comment

Hi, I am having troubles with my tv and I just came to this forum to get some help and learn more about electronics!

Comment

Just a quick one this time. First time on. Looking for schematics for a Toshiba 40RV525U tv. Took a lightning hit yesterday and have only a blinking power indicator.
                  In my somewhat limited electronic work, I tend to work better from a drawing.
                  Would appreciate some help. Thanks for the tips I have already read, Al.

Comment

hello guys i'm new here and i need some help thanks

Comment

Hi guy. New here just started learning how to solder, signed up for this site because I'm having an issue and could really use some help. Thanks

Comment

Hi my name is Robin and I came to this site as a result of an Olevia TV going out on me. I am hoping to learn about soldering and also using a multi-
                        meter. I am a DEFINITE BEGINNER, so PLEASE bear with me. Thanks in advance for any information you share and also your patience !!!

Robin

Comment

Hi,
                          I am Markus, an electronic enthusiast from Sydney Australia. My formal education is in electrical marine engineering.
                          I found your forums when searching the net for various electronic info on repairing flat screen TV's. Certainly interesting place, and by joining it I hope to learn more and expand my electronics skills a bit further.
                          Cheers
                          Markus

Comment

Hi everyone. Newbie here from Philippines. I love tinkering electronics equipment and this is my hobby, if I am not busy with something else. Hope, this site can help me with some of my problems in troubleshooting and repair. I will do the same also. Great site we have here. Thanks!

Comment

hi names keith from the uk electronics engineer for 25 years currently working mainly on smd equipment... stereo microscope oscilloscope fluke meter hotair rework system ...
                              and all the other usual stuff..never stop learning new things in this business and hoping to learn and share a few more while i'm here.

cheers

Comment

Hi guy. New here I"m looking for help my lcd tv (Dynex 40l150A11stop working I change the Main board but still have same problem sound is good change channel is ok but no picture any help.
                                I like this place I like to read all of the question.

Comment

Hi all, i'm just here asking for a bit of help with my LCD TV, cracked out my old school soldering iron and looking hopefully just to swap out a couple of cheap components

Comment

Hello all, I am new to motherboard and monitor repairing and I think your site is the best. All your members are helping.
                                    I hope I will learn a lot of you.
                                    Thanks

Comment

hi mi name is isidro from Caracas, Venezuela. My hobby is electronic. So I am becoming member of several forum in spsnish and english in orfer to learn more day by day. Thanks for your welcomed

Comment

Hey everyone, my name is Justin from Tucson, AZ, USA. I am hoping to help others with my computer support information and gain electrical support knowledge as well!

Comment

Hi, my name is Larry and I joined because our RCA L40FHD41 just died on us. Still has audio but no picture. Hoping it is something I might be able to repair myself. Going to do a lot of reading before I ask any questions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X