• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Guys Am new, Please welcome and BTW just call me Mario

Comment

Hello guys. Just joined as I was looking for info on how to repair a Samsung T240 with the TSTB problem. Looks like I found what I was looking for and ordered some parts accordingly.

I am from Northern Finland.

Comment

Hi this is Arthur from Sydney Australia.

My Samsung 305T is not working properly now (showing random color lines etc randomly) and I found this forum and heaps of useful stuff here when googling how to fix my monitor.

Hopefully I will be able to get 305T fully functional again and very happy to meet you guys.

Cheers
        Arthur

Comment

Hi this is 'Skeeve', otherwise a programmer <stuck> down in Plymouth UK, who also tinkers with the occasional LCD TV, PC's (If all else fails folks, if you can get a PC to start and get to the BIOS setup, and it still has a functioning CD then download and burn a copy of UBCD - Universal Boot CD - and start the checkup from there! Even has MIL spec disk wiping for the paranoid), and strips down boards for components. Have currently a LCD32W18S with an annoying power fault, a non-badged 37" blue lighter with a GPAC-211424A fault, a Harwa 27 incher that according to the web should not exist, several others that have had the Wii treatment, as well as quite a few monitors that have had the 'back plate' short strike when they have fallen off desks while in use but not having smashed screen. I prefer 'Skeeve' as I am not then associated with my nephew.

Comment

Hi All, I look forward to participating in this forum and learning a lot from the other members.

Comment

Hi There,
              I'm an electrical engineer by trade with around 3 years of basic electronics experience.
              I have repaired basic faults on PSU's on many LCD TV's but I am always in need of more education and wisdom, so joined this group..

Comment

Hello everyone. I found this forum by looking for help to repair a benq monitor. I'm not an engineer, I'm just doing this as a hobby. However I did work in a tv repair shop in 1993 after studying electronic for three years. IN 2001 I did get an A+ certification in pc repair but I don't work in that field,i just try to help.out a friend now and then. I recently started tinkering around with electronics for a hobby and someone brought me this monitor that has a problem in the inverter. After replacing all the transistors and transformers, it will just flash the lights briefly twice when I first power it up and then nothing. The green led stays on but no backlight.

Comment

My names Rob and I am a newbie tech guy with some unanswered questions

Comment

hello

Comment

I'm a former Navy ET, currently working in telecom and I just joined this community. I'm looking forward to learning more about component level repair.

Comment

Hi, I have always been interested in electronics after attending courses many years ago as part of my work.
                        Up until now my focus has been mainly on computer equipment but have started dabbling in other electronic goods mainly TV's as I just enjoy fixing stuff.
                        These forums have a wealth of really useful information and i look forward to contributing where I can whilst continuing to use this site as a valuable reference.

Comment

New to the forum, have a 60" LG plasma that needs help. I'm an aircraft mechanic by training and can find my way around a circuit board with a multimeter...hopefully i can find the help i need to get-r-done

Comment

Greetings to all !
                            It's great to be a new member of the best online community for component level repairs.

Comment

Hello Everyone

Comment

Newbie trying to troubleshoot my plasma tv that I have not finished paying for. This is definitely the place.

Comment

good day,i have a acer aspire one d270 not switching.can you please help me?

Comment

SWIM likes voiding warranties on gizmos & occasionally burning them into submission w/a visceral soldering iron shank-attack.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Tiago Teixeira, I work at a computer repair shop and mostly with damaged laptop hardware and lcd screens. I hope to learn and help someone here
                                        See you on the foruns!

Comment

Just saying hello everyone first time on bad caps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X