This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Excited to meet u all. My name is Trey Anastasio!

Comment

Awesome website, came here looking for answers on fixing my Vizio TV and I think I found it, but really need to see those attachments.

Comment

I am a lifelong learner and a "do-it-yourself-er", so here I am.

Comment

Hello, I'm not a spammer. lol

Comment

Hello My name is Yogesh, I have learned most of what i know about electronics through hands on experience and little through schooling. I have been a technician for past 40 years but gave up this career for something other than electronics. But now I have decided join back and have lot to learn especially when it comes to flat screen tvs i'm hoping i could learn a little from those on this site .
            Thank you for any future help!!!

Comment

Hello. Looking for info and also looking to learn new things

Comment

Heya all...

Just starting to get into repairing some of my electronics that have gone bad and a recent purchase off eBay that arrived broke I fear. I think I'll start with the Samsung AV-R720 I just received in the mail and move on to my Samsung SycMaster 305T that has been broken for quite some time now.

Love the site and I'm sure I'll learn a lot ;D

Comment

Hello everyone! I signed up because I need some help troubleshooting and repairing a computer monitor. It's a Samsung Syncmaster 214T (yes, it's a little old..) but it's my baby and it just won't power on anymore! I want to fix it if possible. Alright, going to go make my thread now.

Comment

I'll play... My name is Larry, I'm a 25 year old husband and father in aerospace production.

I'm decently new to component level repair, I have done PC repair at the novice level for years (software and hardware). Recently I have begun television repair. I have managed repairs to DLP TVs, and recently did a cap replacement on a plasma. I own a multimeter and soldering iron, and have no fear!

I have no technical training, but I can learn new skills rapidly if I have instruction.

Comment

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this component level repair stuff so please be gentle!

a car mechanic for over 20 years, I have a basic knowledge of how a multimeter and soldering iron works. Beyond that, I'm gonna need training please.

Comment

My name is Scott, I'm a mechanical engineer and software developer neither of which is much help in fixing electronics, which is why I depend on great forums such as this! I have a basic understanding of electronics from my engineering background and basic skills with a voltmeter. I've had some success fixing electronics but some failures too. I'm joining this forum because I got hit with lightening and I'm trying to fix my tv now.

Comment

Greetings,

I'm retired now, but I've been involved with electronics service for all of my career. Most of my experience is in the computer industry where I worked as a field service engineer for companies like Honeywell and Xerox. Years ago, I did some repair work on analog TV's for friends and family, but that was a long time ago.

I've also done work on the side for personal computer stores very early in the PC revolution to generate a little extra income for my hobbies. In those days, people (with little electronics experience) would buy kits and attempt to put them together to save money. I would repair failed kit build attempts or built the kits from scratch for others. Some of the early PC's I've worked on include Digital Group, Imsai 8080, Heathkit and the Xerox PC.

Currently, I'm interested in the Raspberry PI and Arduinos. Working with them reminds me of the early days in the PC revolution.

I am also a very capable programmer – I am very experienced coding with C, C++, Java Script and can understand and debug other languages such as Python and PHP.

I have much of the necessary equipment to do repairs on digital equipment at home – such as a bench supply, a DSO scope and multimeter(s), etc.

I'm joining this forum now to get a little help with digital TV's. My daughter dropped one off on my doorstep when she moved. I'd like to learn a little more about it and maybe even bring it back to life.

So that's about it – best regards to all.

Comment

hi, posting an introduction to this fine forum! 29 years of age, and work in computer/laptop repairs + occasional web design. Main reason I came across this forum was because I am starting to tinker more with the underlying electronics side of things, and wouldn't mind learning a thing or two about TV repair etc. This site is such a great wealth of useful information. I hope I might be able to contribute somehow in the future.

James.

Comment

Hello, i want to learn how to repair motherboards. How to diagnose the problem and fix it.
                              Sorry for my bad English .

Comment

Big Hello to all from the UK

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Joined to research fixing a broken lcd tv

Comment

New member checking in!

got me a couple of electrical items that im keen to learn how to fix!

fine looking forum you got here

Cheers
                                    Daz

Comment

Hello.
                                      My name is Mattia Conti, 20 years old, from Forlì, Italy.
                                      I'm studying electronic engineering and telecommunications at the university of Bologna.
                                      I've always loved electronic and mechanic, however the first prevailed.
                                      I've reflowed many laptops and consoles, repaired many pieces of electronic, e.g. Hobbywing ESC for RC cars, laptop's SMPS and many other things...
                                      I'm currently repairing an old Packard Bell Maestro 240W (found it! dead CCFL!) and my father's old Suzuki GS550E

Mattia.

Comment

Hi !
                                        My name és Hélder. I´m from Portugal. i work on laptop repairs.

Hélder.

Comment

Hello,
                                          ReizVoll here.
                                          I used the advice from this forum to Repair my Samsung SyncMaster 215tw. Replaced the bad capacitors on the power supply board, and it works great! Total spent: Monitor $25 -- Capacitors $5 -- Total: $30!! =)
                                          I am curious what else y'all got going on here...
                                          NOW GIVE ME ACCESS =P

Also....
                                          Hey.. Topcat... Any chance you the same from PACT?

-Reiz

Comment

Working...
                                          X