This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.

I fix broken things in order to have things I can't actually afford. The obvious next step would be to fix broken things to sell and get money to actually afford more things, but I am too busy fixing more broken things to have more things I can't actually afford for any of that.

Comment

Hello, I'm mariocar from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the tech support provided in this forum. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello all...happy to be here. I do a little bit of IT and electronics repair on the side...still have a lot to learn. I'm impressed by the knowledge I see here.

Comment

2014 03 29 MD USA 0001 #kl@73T POST INTRO

HELLO TO EVERYBODY,

GLAD TO FIND THIS FORUM, SPECIALLY TO FIND THINGS RELATED TO THE PROJECTS ON HAND.

LIVING IN MD FOR THE PAST YEAR, MY NOT MINE FIRST COMPUTER, WAS AN IBM 3600, I HAVE TO PERFORATE CARDS, COMPILE, DEBUG AND SO ON.... UNTIL AROUND 1994 THAT I BOUGHT AN OLD COMPAQ PC, THAT ONE WITH THE SMALL GREEN OR YELLOW SCREEN, AND I WAS SURPRISE OF TECHNOLOGY, HOW WAS POSSIBLE? THAT, THAT SMALL BOX, WAS MORE POWERFUL, THAT THAT WHOLE ROOM FOR THE IBM 3600, IN THE 1974'S, AND THAT TREND HAS INCREASE HYPER-EXPONENTIAL IN ANYTHING THAT IS ELECTRONIC.

I'M NOT UP TO DATE IN TECHNOLOGY, AND THAT'S THE REASON I'M JOINING THIS FORUM FOR THE JOY OF SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, ONE STEP AT A TIME.

THANKS AND HAPPY TO BE HERE...

Comment

I repair electronic test equipment; have been since 1980. 11 years of repair and calibration at Hughes Aircraft. Lots of bad caps replaced in my time. Newer Tektronix scopes have no schematics, and appear to use generic power supplies with plenty of HF ripple...
            The chips are mainly made by Maxim integrated.

Comment

Hi all, i just registerd to badcaps to help and be helped especially with PSU issues

Comment

Very excited to join this forum. I am a 14 year veteran of operating commercail vehicles.
                the last 4 years of my life has taken a drastic change. I got involved in IT and am currently operating my own cell phone and computer repair shop. I'm now exploring the television repair market and suspect this forum will be a great service to me.
                Thanks for your existence.
                Paul @
                Clackitty Box Repair
                www.clackittyboxrepair.com

Comment

Hi everyone. Just thought i'd introduce myself here. I'm Phill, i'm 29 and i'm from the north west of england. I've always been into computers since i got my old faithful 486 when I was 14 and enjoyed taking it bits almost as much as I used it. I did ICT at college and tried software engineering at uni but that didn't work out. So now I work building fridge vans by day but at night I spend all my time trying to learn everything I can about electronics repair so I can leave the vans behind and work for myself (one day).
                  I found this site whilst searching everywhere for info on a samsung plasma thats giving me grief. I've repaired 8 tv's so far with varying problems but I want to keep learning and I think i've found the perfect place.

Comment

Howdy,

I am just a dyi guy looking to salvage any repairable electronics I can to save a buck or two. I came across this forum during a search on a dead flat screen I'm hoping to save. Looked through some of the threads and it seems this forum is populated with a bunch of helpful folks.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,Im new to this hope I can help anyone .Been in electronic repair for a while now

Comment

If topcat wants me to say Hellow , I say HELLOW

Comment

I found a thread on these forums via google that has information on Pentium3 Socket 370 Tualatin Processors and I'm active in the vintage computer community and search commonly for this information. It had valuable attachments and I only registered for the most part to be able to see his posts. I might contribute here some day.. I don't know. We'll see with time.

Comment

Hi All
                            I have been lurking on this forum for a long while and decided I would come out of hiding.
                            Very informative forum and has helped many times.
                            I have been a repair Tech on Grocery store Equipment for ten years or so and have been repairing computers for the last 27 years. I'm recently retired and am starting to tackle LCD and Plasma TV's.
                            Also working on IMac's Xbox360 and almost anything eels I can get my hands on. So far I have repaired one Panasonic 42 inch plasma but that's about it for TV's so far but have three more I'm looking at. I look forward in getting to know people here and learning. I'll try not to be too annoying.

Comment

Hey what's up?

I'm here because I hope to get the know-how on how to repair my new-to-me 50" Panasonic Plasma TC-p50ut50. Listen to this, I bought it Saturday from a guy on craigslist. At the guy's house he showed me that it works and how to adjust the picture settings...then I get it home and BAM! 8 blinking lights of death! Now I wanted to return it today but I'm going to see if he's going to buy the part so I can repair it. I paid $600 for it and I hope that's it. Thanks for reading my rant.

Aaron

Comment

Hey, just another guy with a strange monitor problem.. this seems to be "The place".

Comment

Retired have worked in electronics since the old tube days, retired but still keep brain working. Computers mainframes were my speciality.

Comment

Thanks for hosting this site. I am attempting to fix a HP 3065 30" monitor. There is one post related to this monitor. Any other info out there is welcome. Thanks.

Jon

Comment

Hey all!

I'm Lokki, a DIY-er and likely lurker. My background is absolutely not in electronics, but my addiction to learning new things and stubborn need to fix everything myself has given me a fair working knowledge. I fix computers, vehicles, furniture, and whatever I can get my hands on.

Lately, I've been working on a friend's computer and found this website when hunting down information on some bad capacitors. I'd like to double-check some specs before I order replacement parts, and I'm hoping this forum is the place to ask.

Cheers!

Comment

Caros amigos deste fórum obrigado por receberem, agradeço a vossa ajuda para que possa também ajudar.

até breve,

Comment

bebee
                                          new member, Gee I'm not sure i'm in the right place with all you computer whizzes. I have a question about an old 60" Pioneer plasma TV I just bought

Comment

Working...
                                          X