This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am Jason and I do mobile device repair. I have been learning (on my own) logicboard repair. I am very happy to see a forum for learning this difficult art.

Many thanks to brilliant minds that share their knowledge here.

Comment

Hi, I am David and I am trying to learn how to repair monitor and I've seen that there are lot of nice info around here and lot of peaople sharing their knoweldge.

Comment

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. As a hobby, I collect non-working electronics that no one wants and I try to get working again.

Comment

Hi,

I'm an electrical engineer, focused primarily on digital design (embedded systems, VHDL/Verilog, system architecture, test & integration, simulation, interface design / implementations including HDLC, ethernet (PHY layer on up), PCIe, USB, SPI, I2C, and a bunch of customized ones, etc.). I came across this site while googling for an issue I'm looking into on an AV receiver that is misbehaving, and I liked what I saw. I can probably contribute in some ways, and definitely learn in others. One thing I've learned after 10+ years is that I never know enough, and to never assume anyone is wrong because I think I know better.
          I'm typically a lurker, but will try to participate as appropriate.

Comment

Hello
            I am writing from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I like electronics a lot. I fond this forum searching for reapair for my APC UPS.

Comment

Hello there!

I'm from Bremerhaven Germany. I'm interested in many things. Electronics is one of them. At the moment i have a problem repairing my Samsung 2494SW. I bought it out of order. I changed all the low esr caps (except the big one which normally isn't defective) Still the Monitor stays black - maybe the inverter? Hopefully i will be able to repair it with a little help from you.

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm David, there's nothing like resuscitating dead computers :-)

Comment

Hello, I'm Steve. Im'm from Spain and I am learning about electronics and this forum is great!

Comment

Hi, Name is Dave.
                    Never had any formal training, but run multiple networks at work and repair systems for work, friends etc. Never heard of this forum until today... looks fantastic.

i mostly repair for the pure knowledge, just trying to keep up with the ever changing hardware.

Comment

hi all i am 47 and live in the north east of England, i am married with three kids. just playing around with other peoples broken electrical items (TVs, car radios, washing machines, tumble dryers and PC) managed to fix most but not all as i am just starting out. i think well its broken anyway if they are going to throw it away i might as well as give it ago of fixing it. i am also just starting to learn myself about micro controllers just flashed my first 2 pics (16f628A) and (12f509) to make proton pack lights for my ghostbusters costume, i remember at school using the bbc computer, one full class full of bbc computers, how times have changed. thankyou jimmy

Comment

Hi all. Got an ACER 1916 which didn't work, and found this site for advice. The ACER still doesn't work after some new caps, but I'll keep at it. <GRIN>

Comment

seem to be getting good at repairing electronics.it is a hobby for me.repair my own.

Comment

Glad to meet you all

Hi,

I'm Karl from Portugal and I was searching for solutions for my problems and found this forum, I'm really thankfull for all the info that users share to help others.

Regards

Comment

Hey all, just trying to try and get more help on how to fix my TV

Comment

Hey guys.....

Been lurking for a bit and doing some reading on the forum. Been fixing tv's as a hobby for friends and family for a while now. Guess it's time to join and get my learn on on how to do things the right way. Great site guys, can't wait to get to ask some questions. I'm stumped on a particular TV and need some advice.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Luis Pita and I'm from Portugal.

Thank you very much for this forum, I'll learn a lot!

Regards,
                                  Luis

Comment

Hi,
                                    I am from Spain and try to repair laptop motherboards and find this forum in google.

Comment

Hi:
                                      I'm Mark (Marcos) and I got a problem with my old but loyal monitor, a Samsung 931BW. I hope you can help me on that, or maybe it's time to move on and buy a new one.

Comment

Hi, I'm Mario from Belgium, I have a broken syncmaster 245b and found this great forum with several answers to my problem.

Comment

Hello my name is James, i'm an Apple certified technician, Microsoft certified technician Dell certified server technician, Hughes certified satellite networking technician. After falling from the roof at work and spinal surgery, 8 years of rehab. I am back starting a new company buying damaged laptops iPads and selling them repaired. I am new to the rework process. My equipment is the Lee IR 9000 Dark IR reflow station with upgraded elstien heaters, for now due to 110v limitations. Aouye 960+ Hot air rework. Thank you and I welcome any questions or comments.

Comment

Working...
                                          X