This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! Just found this place through some Google searches while fixing some old monitors. Hope to help and be helped!

Comment

Hi everyone!

I have read several posts in the great forum when repairing some monitors. This during a couple of years or so.

I like hte friendly spirit who seems to exist here.

I have worked as computer technician since early 90s and mainly replace whole circuitboards when it come to customers. But sometimes a use a solder iron and fix things for my own use.

best Regards
      Magnus Eriksson

Comment

Hi. I'm Dan. I am an electrician, tradesman, master carpenter and i just enjoy repairing most anything of value. Since a boy i was always taking things apart to see what broke or to see how it worked. I have built custom desktop systems and repaired laptop motherboards. I now am searching for info to repair my vizio flatscreen that has no status light. I hope to help and be helped. Thanks all.

Comment

Looking to fix a 48" Sanyo LCD telly and ran up on this Boss Board. Reminds me of the first computer info sources I used back when a 300baud was just being phased out with screaming 1200! 1st computer I bought before I had a modem was Tandy TRS-80 with audio tape storage (bummer) packed it up to sell at hamfest after working about 4 hours on a basic program to design antennae and the power went off before saving to tape: many learned lessons that day. Waited until 1980 to get XT with 10 Meg hard card and the rest is history (now I'm fortunate enough to have a few working computers with various OSes of rather recent pedigree along with a workable tool kit to service them and other electronics). I build/adjust/repair electronics of all sorts as a hobby. Hope I can be of service while still gleaning knowledge from you all. Thanks for being.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am always up for new challenges and when my son's TV stopped working, I figured it was way past time to learn how to do some electronics repair. At this point, I may or may not succeed, but in my quest for information, I stumbled across this forum. I am glad to see there are others out there that are willing to share their knowledge!

Comment

Hi all !
              My name is Amado. Currently in collage going for a bachelors in machanical engineering. And also a tattoo artist on free time. Not to into the electronics field but learning it's going to be apart of me since I've been bumping into it a lot lately. I'm quiet and shy and you may not here from me to much . I like to do a lot of reading and research before I try to dive into things so excuse me if I may come across as a dum dum at times but hey , we all started some were right? Hoping this intro was ok. Not really one to do much writing when it comes to these things.

Comment

Hi all, Daniel here. I have a background as an electronics technician (earned in school but use only for hobby now), brewing beer and tinkering with anything I can get my hands on. Came across this place after i turned my TV on tonight and it stalled on the startup screen. Look for my thread soon

Comment

Joined following the trail of DP47460 shuts of

Comment

Hi!! I'm Andrew from Trinidad WI. I've been repairing electronic stuff and mini-appliances since 1972. I own/operate a repair shop in my town in my spare time. I think I am quite good at repairing CRT TVs and now I'm learning about LCD/LED TVs...I don't have much info and was happy to come across this site as I am presently repairing a LC320SS2 Sylvania LCD TV. Was astonished to see that the Power board had so many reviews on this site. I have to purchase parts to complete the repair and this site gave me info to be successful...Thanks Guys..

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi all, just joined after a search (while trying to repair a Dell LCD monitor) brought me here!, pleased to say reading the relevant threads helped to repair it and now it is back to its formal glory without smoke or fireworks. Thanks guys.

About me, I have been dabbling as a hobbyist in electronics since I was a boy of 12.

I see people talking about their first computers, well mine was in 1979 (I think but cannot remember exactly), it was a Sharp MZ80K with 64K Ram, built in cassette tape deck and 9 inch B&W monitor, CPU 1 MHz (Zilog Z80 processor), hacked later to run under Z80A processor at 2 MHz. 5 inch floppy drives added later with disk capacity of 160k.... those were the heady days of computing before IBM got into it and released the XT PC and when Microsoft's first product was Microsoft basic (size 4K)

Comment

Hi, everyone thanks for the add . Just looking to fix a couple of things around the house if possible ?

Comment

Greetings, Been finding a lot of good information here and wanted to get complete access to the attachements and photos. Currently I'm trying to repair my 37" Magnavox LCD with the chirping power supply. I look forward to resolving my problem with the help of bad caps.

Comment

HI ! swensonb here from Philippines...i do most consoles here in my area esp PS3's

i hope am welcome here thanks...

regards
                            swensonb

Comment

Hello everyone. Just stumbled across this massive encyclopeda of help.

I dont know my way round the insides of my new (broken) tv yet, but I can manage a soldering iron quite well....

Hope I might be of some use to someone one day!

Comment

Working on an Vizio Vp42HDTV PDP42X3U400.

I am beginning to think that the issue is my Z-sustain, but I want some better advice before I drop the 40 dollars to replace a perfectly fine z-sustain board.

- J

Comment

Hi, everyone thanks for the add

Comment

Hi all,
                                    My name is Dustin but many call me Diablo. I am currently attending online college for electronics engineering and will complete my associate's next month. Currently I work in a trailer factory and I am looking for some type of engineering job in the near future.
                                    I have used this site for help many times when repairing stuff for myself and others but now I think it is time I actually have a login here and participate occasionally.
                                    oh, and my first computer system was an AppleIIE

Comment

Hi, I am Matt. I am an electronics hobbyist for quite some time. I have worked on many an old TV (tubes and transistorized), radios, amplifiers, etc…. Have been out of it for awhile, busy with work and family. Acquired a broken Toshiba Plasma display, learning a lot, I am hoping to share my experiences as well as get some further insight on these displays. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Great to be here. I run a computer repair shop and have recently started working on TVs, so this forum is a must! Especially since I already have a few questions on a plasma I'm working on now. Can't wait to contribute!

Comment

Hey guys, my names Chris but you can just call me Grand or reaper or both :p.
                                          I been a electronic junkie since my uncle told my about computers and y2k at the young age of 5. So now at 19 thanks to this site that i've benn lurking on for awhile i've fixed a tv and saved some money, and have been getting all kinds of ideas for my arduino i handmade . I hope to make friends and learn alot of the community.

Comment

Working...
                                          X