• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, My name is Donny and I have issues with TV's

Comment

Just saying "Hi" to start with

I'm an IT networky-systemsy-linuxy-windowsy type of guy, but like tinkering with stuff as well (probably got the bug growing up as a kid around bits of phone systems,TV's etc ,in pieces as my Dad worked for GPO/BT).

Alas my usual attempts at buying something cheap (ebay normally..) and fixing it don't usualy end with sucess, but I did manage to repair a Onkyo TX-SR606 that had the usualy HDMI not locking on/switching problem, just following one of the guides on the net to replace some of the caps on the HDMI board, but made me happy (and , touch wood, it's still going strong after almost 2 years..)

Current 'project' is an older Toshiba 46XF355D TV I just picked up 'cheap', powers up,backlight fine, but ... i)odd jumpy picture fault where it gets horizontal lines, or the entire picture is split into 4 or 5 equal sized horizontal segments with a thin white dividing line, then it clears up for a short time,rinse and repeat..
      if it's left on the blue screen you see similar movement, and can hear a faint ticking noise inside that sounds like power related at a guess (2 power boards in it from what I've already read up so far,before I've even taken the back off..) , and it eventually powers the panel down.

Also has two vertical lines, fixed positions, one left side (green,red,black), one right (yellow and red). Horrible suspicion that's the panel itself, but will try reseating the ribbon connectors..
      Hoping the weird digital picture distortion might be the T-CON/LVDS board, but we'll see. Looks like it will be a great picture if I can get it going again.

so anyway, hello all
      Leigh

Comment

Hey name is Mel, been searching around for a solution for the problem im having, and seems all the search engines are bringing me here, so why look anywhere else.. thanks for having me

Comment

Hi.

Its Aaqil I came up here to resolve laptop issue of my dad, as it got stuck on entering wrongs passwrd. Now I need a HDD password.

am not that big techi but have doen course of animation, networking, lot of other diploma as wel am working for magazine company inthe end as a brand manager ....

Please can anyone help me. as my dad dont wanna loose his data

Comment

Hi, I'm steve and my samsung PS51D6900 and just quit on me.
            Was watching via Virgin Tivo the other night, TIVO went POP and all the lights came on, tv went off, then burning smell from tivo. Virgin have replaced the tivo, which I am now using with a projector, but now I have to fix the samsung.
            It does not switch on, single click on power from mains, led blinks once per second, but tv will not liven up....pants

Anyway, very interesting reading here.

Cheers for now

Steve

Comment

Hai all and hello dear Topcat
              I still not understand being edit some one else post...
              But I like so much read many post about psu atx and i still
              many trouble repairing it.
              Firts power supply at on my amd first generation 200 mhz doble clok
              Look like intel 223 mmx.
              I learn chang bad sb1020 or what i forgot...
              Since that year I count my broke psu 12 time and replace with new one.
              With intel proc psu no problem at all...
              But I rather choose amd with all in my pocket i had.
              Today the problem coming ...
              I use my amd athlon 64 x250 cool and quiet with low power cosumption
              geting wierd problem with cpu turn off often after use nvidia with...
              170watt compsumtion....
              Alrigt i cut about chit chat and try to make a post
              If all admin agree ... Thank's again all

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm Steve.

New to the forum. Hoping to get help with a non responsive tv......

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm Marie, I live in England and have very little technical knowledge, I'm here for some help with an LCD TV I was given (I'll start a new thread in the TV section).

From what I see so far this seemed like a good place to come for advice, my only concern is that I don't have a soldering iron which everyone seems to feel essential for fixing the circuits in a TV!

Anyway, look forward to getting some knowledge from all you techies out there!

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks for this site. I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute but I'll do my best.

Comment

Hello. I am hoping to get some assistance with a Vizio TV that has developed a vertical red line.

This seems like a very knowledgable and helpful forum.

Emmett

Comment

Seeking knowledge from those much smarter than I!

Comment

Hola,

Trying to fix father-in-laws LCD- this is the first go at it- lets see how it goes

Comment

G'day All,
                            My name is Dave and I come from Adelaide, Australia. I first found this forum when I was researching a blown powertech 12V 20A power supply from work. I have a healthy interest in electronics and have been playing with arduino a bit. This is really one of my first repair jobs I have tackled.
                            I hope to learn much from everyone here.

Comment

Its fun trying to save something, even crappy LCD tv's...

Comment

Hey I’m new, I’d like to hook up midi boards to old Hammond organs, repair them too, make guitar amps out of them, test tubes and capacitors, learn more about the use of Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Signal generators, ESR meters, LCR meters, so this is where I spend my free time, so I can make a big noise, Charlie

Comment

Hello
                                  I like to learn about electronics. I know quite a bit already, but probably not as much as the people on this site
                                  Some people just can't take a joke...
                                  But Powmax power supplies? That's a joke everyone can take.

sigpic

Comment

Hi, my name is Faz and I'm looking at repairing my first TV, I like to repair electronics or at least scavenge them for useful components.

Comment

Hello! I live in Brazil and I am an electronics enthusiast, and I was happy when I found this forum, I will be very useful knowledge to share with friends. Thank you for accepting my registration.

Comment

Names leo from ohio found this site when I was looking for repair tips for flat screen tv's. I have done xbox 360 repairs and case modz since the came out. Trying to exspand myself into other electronics. Tv's are new to me u actually have to test different parts out unlike a xbox were If it has rrod I just reflow it or a phone power jack on a iphone is messedvup install a new one a ipad has a.cracked digitizer screen get a new one. No tv's I have found out are a little more trickier then that

Comment

happy new year guys im john have a few tv issues

Comment

Working...
                                          X