This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member here stopping in to say hello.

I stumbled on to this forum via a YouTube video on repairing a Samsung 245BW monitor, of which I have two; one that it dead and one that is dying.

I have already searched through the posts and found lots of good troubleshooting and repair information but it seems my luck runs along the lines of the repairman never having seen a problem quite like mine before so I expect that I will have a few questions once I get these opened up and start poking around.

Regards,

Jay

Comment

David Koch

No relation to the Koch industry or brothers.Though my name is David Koch my middle initial is A, for Allen.
      Hind thought to blogging in this forum would be if I had their money, influence and connections purchaseing equipment for repairs of many electronics in my house would be replacements instead
      Well to me. What draws me here is community of like minded.My interest and knowledge of hardware repair troubleshotting and diagnosis of electronics is mostly that of theory and solid state.I come from the rea of TTL and CMOS 7400 family microprocessors.lol.
      Let me not deceive You for I have delved deep into the fantsys of populor science mechanics in my adolences to carry me into the year 3500ad. I was around for the future introduction of the plasma TV in said publication. and have repaired many of Televisions that were hundred pound monstrositys and carried a 30-90KV flyback transformer to raster. oh my!
      Really experience with community is what I lack in my daily endeavors to examine and diagnosis a troubleing appliance. To over come their issues without resorting to buying a replacement board to me seems to say these skills are benign and I would likely get more use out of the day playing xbox with my nine year old. So call me crazy but I think 50¢ to fix apposed to $50.00 to guess the solution then come to find out it'll be another $50.00, then another doesnt feel that satisfying to sit in front of a TV playing xbox with my nine year old.

Comment

Hello. A big thanks to all who contribute!

Comment

Well, to fulfill my obligation to the forum rules, here I am! I've been an electrician since 1982, and besides working for and as a contractor in my career, I've also worked for 3 companies, a school district for 19 years, and now am a Systems Director for a Medical facility. In my time in my career, I've taken classes as well as gained knowledge through experience in all types of electronics, I.T./Data networks, HVAC and PLC controls, etc. I guess you could say I'm somewhat well rounded. While I was a contractor, I suddenly received offers of work from all sorts of customers in the restaraunt/tavern business for entertainment systems, so I self-taught myself the ins and outs of HDTV, satellite, surveillance, custom displays and sound sytems. I find myself addicted to repairing flat screen TVs and well as other electronics. I hope to learn even more than I currently am aware of by being a part of this forum.

Comment

I've been involved with electronics since the 1970's. I started out by taking apart old televisions that were thrown in the gargage. Yesterday I replaced 6 bad capacitors in my Viewsonic VA1912wb monitor. I will post photos of my workroom.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone. I was troubleshooting a problem with a Sun Display and finally found the answer in this forum. I have loved & hated computers and electronics since 1983.
              TurtleWax

Comment

Hello, thank you to the contributors for very valuable information.

Comment

Hello
                  My Name is Bernd
                  Im from Germany and i hope here in the board informations became to my Macbook
                  My English is not so good
                  best regards Bernd

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello all
                      my name is Arshad from Multan Pakistan.
                      and very happy to join this network.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi my name is louis and came from Mauritius.I have read some threads here and seems very interesting also very usefull, till next time happy Christmas to all

Comment

New to the tv repair game. Been lucky so far and fixed an lcd and a plasma tv. Received a new lcd with issues and saw this site and decided to join. There is a lot of info here. So I would like to say hello to everyone.

Comment

Hi.I been on this site a few times & thought I would signup today.I'm ok with some basic soldering.The only type of repair I have done recently was replacing a dc jack on a laptop..few yrs ago lol

Comment

Hello to everyone. Fonze hear! Knowledge junkie. So ? 1 to the group, what can I replace a 0.75a/ 76v smd fuse with? thx and look forward to your reply.

Comment

Nothing like electrolytic capacitors to keep the electronics market busy. I've been resurrecting all sorts of devices for years. I'm glad to find a community devoted to just such undertakings. Props to all those who contributed to this body of knowledge.

David / devotee

Comment

Hello. I'm Jesse. I'm a Sr. Electronics Technician at an aerospace company. But where I work, that translates to Sr. Test Monkey, so I'm probably not as smart as you folks and I have never fixed a TV before, so I need help. I am excited to get by the intro and into the forum because this TV repair is starting to stress me out.

Comment

Hello everbody .............

I m Mike from the Netherlands/Dutch, (europe) and i m visiting this website after problems with my dj mixer Xone 92 allen&heath ( never buy again ......... )
                                    I was looking on information on google how to fix it by myself, and i found only on this website information. :-) so i m happy now ........

My only problem is that my english is not so well, and technical english is more diffcult.
                                    But i think i can handle it ...........

My job on this moment is handyman for a soccer/cricket club in The Hague, and have only do electronics for normal housing stuff and so on ...........

some images from my work >> http://www.adofans.nl/article/03980/...Den%20Haag.htm the first building is very old ........ 135 years, this club is one off the first clubs from the Netherlands.
                                    From the time there was no television :-)

Okay thanks, and now i go look aound how to get the mixer fixed

Comment

hi my name is Frank, I'm just a electronics technician for 25 years..here looking to share experience and some clue on repair tips .

Comment

Well I'm new here too! I'm an old hardware junkie and started back in the CBM days banging basic. Several years later that led me to build my first PC compatible computer and I was hooked. I'm here because I just sold my motherboard to a friend that had the same motherboard only hers had bad caps! Imagine that!!! It's an Asus M2A-VM. I was pretty happy with it since I got it for free along with a couple of other parts machines. I just added ram and a HD once I found a working power supply all of which I had in my parts stash. So I'm here to learn about recapping as it's now in my immediate future. Also, it's a bit cheaper than a new board and DDR3 ram.
                                        From somewhere deep in the Ozarks...

Comment

hi i am IT Vendor from Pakistan, if anybody ever need help about Laptop repairing can ask me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                          X