This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well Hello all. My name is Jordan, from Rochester NY.... weather sucks right now, but thats the winters here. I am joining like many others as we have something to fix. Im big into fixing up my own stuff as it saves a lot of money. Also feels good fixing something yourself. I will also try to give some of my own help and input if I see I can. I wont just mooch off the site. Have a good day every one.

Comment

Hi all.
      I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. In my case that would be TV repair.
      Hope to learn allot here.

thanks

Comment

Hello,
        My name is Aaron. Ive been fixing tvs since I was 15. Ive got alot to offer and I joined this site because it has alot of good technical information thats been useful during my journey. I recently opened up a local tv repair shop from my home and I help people with their tv problems without charging an arm and a leg.

Comment

Hi there folks,

I'm a student who loves to tinker, and who doesn't have the money to throw electronics away before trying to fix them. I'm usually successful too, but TVs are a bit beyond my experience. I'm hoping some of the wisdom here will rub off on me.

Cheers.

Comment

hello from Serbia... My name is Nenad and I love to work (repair) with computers and monitors... hope to have a good time here...

Comment

Hello All dbraffo here and love this site. maybe I can help out and receive as well, and remember you never stop learning.

Comment

Hi, I am 83 yrs of age. Was an Electronic Tech in Us Coast Guard 1947-1953
                Radar Theory Instructor, CG Tra, Sta, Groton, Ct. 1950-1953
                Opened TV sales and repair Business in Ct on discharge from CG in 53.
                During 14 yrs in TV Business opened 4 stores in Ct. Then discounters moved in with printed circuits. Sales and Repairs were no longer profitable. Sold out and moved to TX in 1967. Went in to Real Estate.
                Now retired Real Estate Broker - living in South TX last 27 yrs.

I still like to try to repair my own Electronics.
                Enjoy and appreciate the forum.

shabob2@gmail.com

Comment

Hello all

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hi everyone. I've got some recent experience fixing a DAB radio and a CTX monitor. I read some posts here that helped me fix the monitor so I thought i'd try and share what I've learned.

Comment

Hello,
                        My name is Gunner and I have been working in the electronics field for over 30 years. So the consensus is, I should be able to fix all family and relatives electronics. I have recently been given this task and was looking on line for information an found this site.

Comment

Hi, 5kippy here. Just found this site and the knowledge contained within is extremely helpful, for myself, being a total noob when it comes to electronics. I am in my early 50's and semi-retired and live near Brisbane, Australia.

Keep up the good work guys.

Comment

Hey there folks. I have been taking things apart to see how they work for about 27 years now. I started off with a Mickey Mouse calculator that my parents gave me when I was 7. I watched the Flintstones and saw Wilma using a calculator that had a tiny prehistoric bird in there wearing an accountants visor and working everything out long hand then sticking a tiny stone tablet out the slot with the answers on it. I didn't expect to find a tiny prehistoric bird inside the Mickey Mouse calculator because it was 1987 after all, but I was dying to see what was in there figuring out 2+2=4 for me. The calculator didn't work when I put it back together and I earned the nick name "destructo". Now at 33 years old I am finally starting college courses for network operations, and delving deeper into my hobby, my biggest source of frustration, and my passion, Computers.

Comment

Hello hello!

Comment

Hello all,
                                I've been repairing CRT monitors & TVs for years as a hobby. All that fun has pretty much dried up so I thought I'd give LCD's a try.

Comment

Hi all, I hope to learn a great deal here!

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Kendell, I'm from Rochester NY.
                                    I have joined as I am in the process of troubleshooting a
                                    Viewsonic N3235W that recently died. No pic/ sound but power light
                                    Is on. Replaced caps on PS board as there were several bulged.
                                    Did not fix. My quest continues...

Comment

hello!! I'm Jennifer, I'm currently in AFG and I'm trying to get my TV to work and pick up all of 10 channels that AFN has to offer. we shall see..

Comment

hi, saw this forum, trying to troubleshoot an audio receiver acting up! Hope to find good stuff in here!

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Working...
                                          X