X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, happy to be here!

Comment

Greetings BadCaps, i am joining mostly for knowledge/absolutely despising the "if it doesn't work throw it away" mentality of today. in my book it is better to fix a p3 pc that needs $.05 of components than waste at least $20 to buy a crummy pc that is over-bloated and unfriendly to the end user if all you need is a word processor/calculator.

Comment

Hi all,

andy from the uk, young 54 noob electronics 🤣 just got into building pc's last year, mine all brand new then my lads from second hand equipment which he is absolutely made up with. Then started picking up a few faulty/spares Ryzen CPU's bent pins and all that fixed quite a few of them. Then motherboards, just getting use to working out that all CPU's don't work with all new ram sticks 🙄. Now that I'm moving onto removing busted components and that's quite a learning curve especially soldering and use of heat guns. Though had a few success but need more tips and info about parts so hopefully bad caps can help. Thanks up front for any info dished out sure I'll be reading a lot of previous posts for a while. 👍😊

Comment

Greetings ya all! I am by no means an electrical engineer but a senior Software Engineer. Here is to hoping I can get into this DIY/amateur repair of personal equipment....

Comment

Greetings! Recently got into repairing laptops and micro soldering. Tired of everyone around me throwing away perfectly good hardware, so I already helped a number of people with their problems. Very excited to have found this forum, great wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Just a freelance technician in my hometown..

Comment

Greetings all!

I started teaching myself electronic repair about 2 years ago. While learning the basics I took a detour into ham radio for a while. Ham radio offers many opportunities for building your own gear and that meshed well with my love of creating things. Well, I'm back on the road for learning electronic repair and found my way here from a youtube video about electronic components and repair.

I hope to learn enough to be able to contribute here in the future.

Kind Regards,
                Fleet

Comment

Hi, I just want to say thank you for the old site of bad caps. I got some information on it about repairing, and this time I am looking forward to this new site. I have been using a soldering iron since 2015; thank you, admin.

Comment

Glad to be here, from TN retired from the Marine Corps. Always fiddling with something.

Comment

I stumbled across this site while trying to fix an speaker- extremely helpful!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Aerospace engineer here trying to learn a little about electronics as it pertains to repairing and maintaining my vintage stereo system.

Thanks in advance for your cordial and helpful responses, I'll try to do the same.

Jim

Comment

Just a freelance technician in my city

Comment

Hello,

here to learn about TV, BIOS, repairing trick.

Thank you

Comment

Hey Everyone!

Comment

hey guys im new to this forum .. i like to repair stuff mostly electronic as a hoby

Comment

Hi
                                  I am laptop repair man level 1
                                  initail level, as I seen badcaps as for donation in terms of datasheet brd or related electronic data we will try what we have

Comment

Just passing by... looking for some info... I found it here and also some other interesting stuff... so decided to hang out...

Comment

Halo everyone, my name is Trevor and am very delighted to be new here and hopping to learn alot from this community of etra-ordinary ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Hello Guys!
                                        I am an both an electronics enthusiast and currently working in the automotive hardware design field. Thank you!

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I'm an computer technician working for myself. Im looking for knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                          X