This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is (roberta) laidman living in Costa Rica. For the moment, I'm looking for a good schematic for Yamaha electronic piano. PSR ew400.

Comment

My name is Zack. I was brought up in DE where there is a railroad crossing near my home. There are seven members in my family; they are my dear grandfather, parents, two sisters, my precious puppy and I.
      Hopefully someone will help me troubleshoot an issue I've been having with an Surface update SSD.

Comment

Hello. My name is Thomas. Just looking for a place where I can post technical questions about eletronic repair and this seems like the place !

Comment

Hello! This forum is heaven sent! I am currently having a problem with my laptops motherboard and i came across this forum while trying to find the schematic.
          Uhm little bit of info about me is that i am a computer engineer, i love tinkering with electronics. My dream is to have my own electronics lab someday. Thats it
          Hope everyone is having a great day!

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just want to thank and greet

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
              I'd be happy to introduce myself if I could figure out how to post in the introductions section.
              I'm (roberta) laidman, living in Costa Rica. At the moment I have a Yamaha piano psr ew400 and a Bose wave in need of electronic attention. I'm in hope of getting some help here.

Comment

Hello! This forum is heaven sent! I am currently having a problem with my laptops motherboard and i came across this forum while trying to find the schematic.
                Uhm little bit of info about me is that i am a computer engineer, i love tinkering with electronics. My dream is to have my own electronics lab someday. Thats it
                Hope everyone is having a great day!

Comment

Hi I am Jim. Navy vet and now retired. Just looking to obtain some info on my tv.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                    My name is Chris. IT consultant and electronics enthousiast currently living in the Netherlands.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm Aletive from Italy and i am new to laptop repair/trouble shooting!
                      I hope to learn a lot in this forum

Comment

Hi I'm Clinton from South Africa, found this unique form from learn electronics repair school on Youtube; short and sweat I love to repair stuff.. also give me insight on a repair.

Comment

Good night! I`m Mocart from LPR.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Martins.
                            I found this forum while looking schematics for ASUS laptop (Gu502SV).
                            Thank you all for the precious help.

Comment

Hi guys
                              I just found this awesome forum.
                              Unluckly it's because i have a problem with my laptop ahaha
                              There was some problem while flashing the bios of my MSI prestige 14 evo and i found this forum!
                              Today I ordered a CH341A bios flasher hoping it will help me with the fix of the bios.

Nice to meet you guys

Comment

Hi everyone!
                                My name is Danny, I worked at Asus doing some basic repairs and swapped out parts. Nothing to fancy. Before that i worked at an Apple Premium Resseler and also had some technical courses at Apple. My monitor broke so i found this forum. This peaked my curiosity.
                                Nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                  My name is Taifun, I have stumbled upon this Forum which sparked my intrest for repairs, since I have some older laptops laying around and have a bit more time now I wanted to play around and see what I can learn. Nice to meet you all

Comment

Hello, I am using the forum quiet long now, but never posted a thread. Now I have to do this

Comment

Hello, everyone. I am a software engineer working in Germany, with a focus on logistics development.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        Hello guys, Glad to join the group. I am an electronics enthusiast entering the realm of repairing my personal devices. This group is the way to start!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm from France and I like repairing my own electronic devices.

Sometimes I fail most of times I succeed thanks to such as forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X