• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, im gonna try to see if i can get my GWTN156-7BL

Comment

My name is Nicolae Robert. I am from Romania. I am an automation engineer. I like it! I am at your disposal for other information! Bye!!

Comment

Olá, sou Davy.

Obrigado por me aceitarem, Sou estudante e tive um problema com meu notebook. Encontrei uma solução por aqui, espero futuramente poder retribuir essa ajuda da mesma forma.
        abraços
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-09-2023, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeffrey. I'm from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, but I'm currently pursuing a degree in electrical engineering at Wichita State University.

Since middle school, I've been building computers and repairing phones, and through the years I've learned a lot and have dabbled in more complex repairs and projects. I share most of what I do on my YouTube channel, "Jeff's Tech" but as of now, I haven't been uploading frequently if at all.

Nowadays, I've been working on fixing up my recently purchased car which is a 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road.

I'm here with a multitude of questions to try and fix my random assortment of projects

Comment

Hi folks!

Just a quick intro, I've been bulding and modding and reapairing PC's for yonks. Starting my journey in laptops now and enjoying reading the forum post's! There is SOOOO much to learn from you peeps!

Lots more to read,
            Ron

Comment

Hello,

Just joined the forum today after discovering this place last night. I am attempting to get a laptop of mine running again and through some lengthy internet searches I came across this forum.

I am a mechanical engineer and researcher in grad school, and in my limited spare time I tend to do a fair amount of coding and working with my hands. My computer is nothing to write home about, just a school provided laptop. I was not told however that I have been out of their ITS support network for over a year so now my laptop is locked up and I plan to wipe every trace of my university off of it. With the help of this forum of course.

Not really sure what else to add but this seems like a good community and I am eager to get involved.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello, good morning, colleagues, I am Saul Chavez from Mexico. I appreciate that I can register to share technical data. Thank you.

Comment

Hello, good morning, colleagues, I am Saul Chavez from Mexico. I appreciate that I can register to share technical data. Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Dan. Structural engineer by trade but like to tinker with electronics to get things working again.

Not really experienced in component level issues, so that's why I'm here. To learn something new.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Kenzi and I'm a compsci student. I'm really interested in modding bioses - I have done so for many of my previous laptops. Currently having problems with my HP Envy, so here I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcryptor View Post
                        hello and thanks for be member there
                        Hi All, My name is Petrus from South Africa. I am a technician and I am here to learn more about computers and tv's

Comment

Hi All
                          Im Bert From the Netherlands
                          I repair alot of devices, including laptops. Im looking to share and expand my knowledge mainly on motherboard repair.

Comment

Hi guys! I used to do electronics repair in a small shop but moved into a different field. Im here to get information on various repairs, learn what's new and feed my inner tinker-er.

Comment

Hello everybody,

Im Matthias from Germany and I am studying to become an IT Security expert

Not really that experienced in component level issues. I am really interested in seeing different workarounds for Soft-Locks / Bios Locks etc. or other problems security related

Comment

Hi All, My name is heinminhtet. looking to expand my knowledge on laptop.

Comment

Hi folks, The names Billy, come from Scotland in the not so sunny city of Aberdeen.

I have been tinkering with computers since the early 80's, C64, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST's and Commodore Amigas. Got started with PC's in the early 90's when a 486 was considered snappy, and a 386 was the norm. I started working in a computer store ran by a friend from high schools father. and my training consisted of, heres a motherboard, heres a graphics card, memory, etc.. and they go in here.. like lego they can only fit one way. and was told to have at it.The rest was learnt on the job.

I went on to study software engineering at university, and later a second degree in graphic design. This is what I still do, soon to be put out of work by AI.. likely!

I have recently started tinkering with some of my old hardware collection, and picking up other parts in trade etc. as i want to put together some retro gaming boxes. that no matter how good an emulator, workarounds and fiddling just never feel right.

Suffice to say after 10 - 20yrs or longer being sat on a shelf, or in a box. some of this stuff, even if unused and "new" needs some work, or at least a thorough check. so I will be asking some dumb questions. just a heads up!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Daniele and I'm writing from Italy. for the moment I'm trying to replace a main board in a Samsung TV

Comment

Hello, my name is Tim. I started restoring retro gaming consoles 1 year ago. Before that I was restoring antiques and retro toys as a hobby. I've always worked on things and was taught by my grandfather how to restore stuff. I guess it just became a passion. My son got me into gaming and I can't stand to let the classic consoles die. Although it's hard to find some parts or schematics for some of them and that is how I found this group. I hope I can be of help and maybe get some help with this. As my son says I better at fixing the console than playing it.

Comment

Hi, my name is Henry. I love to fix broken hardware and computer I have in my house. I'm currently having some dead motherboards that I've had for years. I just want to learn how it works and how to fix it.

Comment

Hi, my name is Wassilis and I try to repair everything! I am willing to share information and knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X