This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! Looking up fixes for a gigaworks s750 and need to see the pretty pictures!

Comment

Hi all,
      My name is kevin and i am in the UK. I am a electronics test and repair technician who has been working within the manufacturing and now product service industry for the last 15 years.
      I found this great site whilst looking for a schematic of power supply for my own 22 inch Toshiba tv and since being a member of this community i have been able to repair a shuttle PC that had bad TK caps on the motherboard.
      This site is great and something i have been looking to be a member of for along while now.

Comment

Found this site while looking for reasons my Dell has the turbo fan problem. What's more, a post here pointed me in the right direction to fix it!

I found some info on bad caps which is bound to be on here somewhere but I couldn't find it for the Dell Optiplex GX280 so I will post it there and hope it helps someone.

Great site. Cheers from Spain!

Comment

I was more on the programming side than the hardware/hardware repair side. At one point in my career, I managed an IT group for a once, large photographic company in NY. Now, retired, just helping out other retirees in Florida.

I have a dead monitor and googled the symptoms and landed here. Hope to get it resolved and all future issues.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello ya'll! as they say Google is your friend. Because of it I've made a new friend.. Well i guess you could say many! Hello new friends!!

I wonder why I am never lucky enough to find a few bad caps, or a blown fuse, In stead of burnt ICs

Comment

Hello guys, this site looks awesome. I'm a technician, mostly by hobby, and I've had to deal with bad caps quite a few times in my life... but I still have a lot to learn!

Comment

Hello everyone, signing on from the beautiful state of Montana. Looking forward to learning from this great resource.

Comment

Found a link to this forum while Googling for info about something else. Major electronics interest is in audio equipment design & repair. Now working part time as an electronics tech in a pro audio/amplifier repair shop.
                  Last edited by ewd; 09-01-2013, 05:36 PM. Reason: Brevity

Comment

hi just wanted to say hi. looking to join in on the fun with fixing lcd/led tvs

Comment

hoping to get some help with my 20 month old POS Samsung Plasma.

Comment

Hello. My name is Vill. I am from Ohio. Working as laptop repair technician. Want to learn more about fixing laptop motherboards on chip level. Have some experience to soldering, reflowing but not enough. Learning to read schematics. Found many useful information on this forum. Hoping to find more detailed info here. Also speak russian.

Comment

Hi there everyone from Australia. Looking to learn new things as always. I am into fixing Samsung LCD TV that won't turn on at all.

Cheers

Comment

Hafa Adai from Guam Badcaps.net! That's Chamorro for "hello".

43, married with 3 kids and a Chihuahua. Live in Barrigada Guam. I have worked in consumer electronics as a Buyer for 13 years.

Found your site while researching a problem with my 4 year old Visio SV470M.

Failed on me while using my new Google Chromecast.

Nice to meet all of you.

Sincerely,

RB

Comment

Hi,
                              My name is Dave. Have a decent background in electronics. Found this site looking for some info to fix grandma's Vizio, lasted just beyond the warranty..lol. Site is great, thanks for having me.

Comment

Love to tinker everything electronics and a DIY.

Comment

Hi there

Belgium calling. Hoping to fix all kinds of stuff.

Comment

Hello
                                    I'm new to posts and treads, not much into this stuff. Be patient with me

Comment

Hello everybody.
                                      Im new user of this forum and I hope this will be helpful.

Comment

Hey all, just trying to fix an LCD that I'm having problems with - this site looks like a great resource!

Comment

Hey y'all, my name is Matteo from South Florida. I'm an electrician by trade and do some minor tinkering with small electronic repairs. Got an issue with a 50" phillips plasma I need help with.

Comment

Working...
                                          X