X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there!

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hi guys,

I am tinkering with my lenovo ideapad 5 15alc05 for a few days by now and I hope, that there is somebody in this forum, who can help me with it. I am a student in computer science in Germany right now, so i thought that i should be capable of doing some bios flashing actions

Comment

Hi people,

Im new here. Been repairing all kinds of stuff as a hobby for some time. Discovered this forum some time ago and decided it was time to register.

Comment

Hello All, new to the forum but been doing component level board repair for about 6 years now, from a small island in the caribbean called trinidad, looking forward to the seeing the resources in here and interacting with all

Comment

Hi everybody,
            I'm happy to join you
            See you soon

Comment

Hi guys

Comment

Hello, I'm a student with not really big experience in repairing/engineering, for about 2 years and 4 years. Hope to get some knowledge about certain electronics, and, well, about repairing in general, because how only one little talk with a professional showed me, there's a lot for me to know before I can even open a lid of a laptop without killing it (only if that was a little joke of mine...)

Comment

herro everynyan

Comment

Heya! I'm Brett from the USA. I'm a big fan of taking things apart and breaking them! Hope you all are doing well

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Okay why not.

Im a software programmer of over 20 years. Started out as an Art director. I hate not being able to do things like anything really So here I am. My motherboard crapped out after plugging in a powered USB hub. It's a GS76 Stealth 11-UG i9 and I love her. I hope people here can help me resurrect the beast Please allow me to soak up some of this boards knowledge in completing the task

Comment

hello guys good to join here as a newbie i want to learn more thank ypu so micj

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I found this forum when trying to figure out if I could revive my LG 55E8 ( probably not; seems to need the LED strips replaced, which is beyond my patience level ).

Seems like a great community!

From Lexington, KY USA

Comment

merhaba arkadaşlar

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello Eveyone,
                                  i'm verry happy to join this forum,

Comment

Hello, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Maiz View Post
                                      Hello, everyone!
                                      I think I did this wrong uhh

Hello everyone! I'm MaĆ­z!
                                      I'm studying a degree in Actuary, and I work full time in some institution's IT department
                                      This is the first time I join a forum like this

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                        Thanks for the Forum - long may it continue, and certainly happy to support it!
                                        Lots of great information already - have a couple more questions to ask and look forward to doing in the main forums!
                                        Thanks everyone

Comment

Hello i am simple electronics user.I live in Lithuania. Lithuania its small country and not to rich.We cannot afford new parts for electronic. Somtimes hawe fink hard how fix the boards self. I always traying fingeritout problems my self, but somtimes need help from other people. i think this is palce where can i fuond my ansvers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X