This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Joey and I am currently attending SIU for computer and electrical engineering. I enjoy taking apart electronics to see how they work and I have trouble throwing away electronics that could be fixed. I am by no means good at working on electronics and I have a lot to learn.

Comment

hello all. My name is steven. certified in automotive technology and trained in latest hybrid and electrical components. Have and issue with a samsung tv and my researche led me here. Looking forward to learning something knew and fixing it myself

Comment

Hi,

I am a new user looking for help on repairing my TV.

Comment

I used to do component level repair when I worked for the Naval Air Rework Facility at the Norfolk Air Station in Norfolk, Virginia. I went through the apprentice program there and was trained as an Aircraft Electrician. All of that has been closed down now for years, so now I live in California where I had gone through the electrical trade, Pacific Bell (now SBC renamed to AT&T), and several other jobs, though I have been doing computer repair for several years. I usually just repair my friends computers, so it has become sort of a hobby of mine. I am self taught on most computer problems as probably most of us here are though I haven't done any extensive component level work for many years.
          I have acquired a soldering station just as I used to use years ago while working for the Navy. It has a solder extraction tool and PCB repair tools and components. I still have to purchase most of the tools I will need for testing, and my electronics theory is extremely rusty. I am going to go back to the theory and try to remember it. Although that will take a while it will be good to get back into it. (I can't even remember how to use an old oscilloscope).
          I have one computer that needs new caps so I ordered what I needed here to do it. I also have another with a strange laptop screen problem that I will post here soon. It seems there is plenty here to read already and I started doing just that. It looks like I will have to almost start over with anything to do with electronic theory, so please have patience with me. I guess I am an old/new beginner at this. If nothing else this should be challenging and enjoyable. I have been looking for something I would enjoy doing, so this may be it. I look forward to meeting everyone here and possibly to work on some things together.

Comment

Hello all. Came here looking for info on my HannsG 281D, which has started losing sync on the HDMI input several months ago.

I've decided to just recap it totally, rather than do it in bits and pieces.

Comment

Hello to all. New guy on the block, found this site while looking for advise & info on fix for a LG-42LC7D T.V., an have to say quite impressed w/ the site. Still not fixed yet but have to say i have gained a lot of knowledge from it.any advice would be appreciated.From what i gather it seems like i might have BAD CAPS.

Comment

Hello everyone joining the social here, got here through mobile and now from the pc looking for information regarding my Laptop's repair which is Dell Inspiron N5110, anyway my first ever system was back in 1997 600mhz 128mb RAM and 20 gigs of hard drive, and it was only system in 300km area of my city :P anyway looking forward to get involved in the community, to be helpful and to get help... ::

Comment

Hello.

New member here. Started with computers back when my brother and I saved our money back in high school and bought an Apple ][ for $2k+ with 48K and two disk drives. That lead to college, and 20+ years of doing software for...well...hardware companies.

Been interested in electronics for a long time, and I've been trying to learn more on my own. Slowly working my way through Horowitz and Hill.

What brings me here, though, is my plasma TV, which started displaying lots of...well, it looks like static around the left top and bottom edges of the picture. Haven't found the post which describes the exact symptoms, but I figure I'll be posting to the appropriate forum soon.

Glad to be here!

Comment

Hi everybody!

Just registered, great site!

Comment

Hello everybody, my name is Tom (aka IRISHMAN65).
                      I am a computer tech with over 17 years experience. I'm just looking for any chance to learn new things and suggestions on the latest technology. I really appreciate the opportunity to join this forum. I'm going to keep this introduction short and sweet. I'm hoping to get a chance to share my thoughts and experiences with you all. Thanks for having me here. bless all of you.

Comment

Hello world!!

Comment

Hello!
                          Searching the internet for repairing my Iiyama TFT, I passed through this forum which seems that has the answer to my problem. Looking forward to solve it and maybe many others. As I read roughly through the forum, people around seems very knowledgeable about any kind of circuit.

Comment

Hello. My name is Eric. Computers and electronics have always been a big hobby of mine. I hope to learn a lot here.

Comment

Hello everyone, love to tinker and fix electronics. and this looks like the place to be for advice and to further my knowledge.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Billy. I love to fix the home electronic items so that I can have some knowledge to learn new things

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                  A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
                                  Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
                                  Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
                                  Hello to everyone out there,thank you for the welcomeing.I am new to all of this,i was searching for some help with a t.v. online when i came across this site,and have been all over it since found,and have to say i am very impressed,and have already learned a few things, and want to learn more. my problem t.v. is a LG 42LC7D-UB bought in April of 07,manufactured Feb.07.If more info needed please let me know?,the symptoms are when i hit power lite goes from red to green,flashes longer than normal about 10 or 12 times,than goes solid,but no pic. or sound. Power off and delays a little longer than normal to off. Try again and same,number of times will vary than it worked, all functions are normal,also noticed a popping sound during one of the power ups.Also one time i powered up and forgot i did (no pic. sound) went to store , gone about 20 min. got back an t.v. was on. LG was of no help.I know i have to do a inspection of the (BAD) caps, will i need to take stand off? if i find BADCAPS can i get them from this site.If i left anything out,let me know.

Comment

Hello! I'm new here and the site is great. Hopefully I can provide some good info as time goes on.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all, came across this site searching for info on fixing LCD tv's as the one at home just died.
                                        Have a little experience with CRT from doing arcade machine repair as a bit of a hobby.
                                        Now away to learn some new stuff.
                                        Thanks all for sharing.

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is Orion I 'm a 17 y old who study information technology and communication , i like electronic and i like to repair electronic equipments.I work in a pc service.I found this place when I was searching for acer aspire laptop with power problems.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Working...
                                          X