This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I live in Belgium and I discovered the forum by doing research on the net.
    I am 47 years old and in a spirit of limiting consumption, ecology, reconditioning, I became interested in the repair of various electronic equipment, in particular PCs. I recently got involved in a "repair café" where, in a spirit of solidarity, I try to repair different things. Thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

Comment

Hello,

Alan here. Old geek from Ohio who has always built computers for fun. Now dabbling in repairs and refurbishing of hardware. Quite the novice, but love to tinker!

Comment

Thanks for the add ladies and gents. I suppose ill start with saying I am a Licensed Electrician by trade, family business (been doing it all my life really), seemed to have found a very peculiar interest in resurrecting dead Alienware pc's. Started with an old Aurora R2 I got for free and plagued with software issues. Moved up to and Area 51 R2 that I still use that had just about every problem under the sun (Dead GPU, failing Hard drives, Corrupted Bios Image, questionable ram, so on and so forth) Actually going to try something neat with it down the road. Going to see about getting an R4 Mbo to run a 9th gen I9, but that's a whole other experiment. Finally, an Alienware 17 R4 with a PCI resource error that I'm starting to lose my hair over. I'll be asking for some advice on here shortly in the laptop forum. Just wanted to say thanks, let you know what I have going on, and I look forward to learning what I can!

Comment

Hi I'm Henry. I'm here after days of google search for how to repair my samsung TV backlight problem. It turns out only from here I can have detailed technical support to debug my problem. I'm located in Dallas TX.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi All

Name's Ian, from the UK. Found this site from a mention in a YT channel I've started watching recently. My first computer was a C64, way back in the 80's, and I've used PC's since.

Until now all my hardware has worked fine but now I have 2 identical motherboards with different problems. They were put in the cupboard and left there, but then I decided to try to have a go at fixing them. Hence, watching YT and joining this site. No idea if I will achieve this but if I blow them up, well, they didn't work away

Looking forward to using the site.. Many Thanks

Regards

Ian

Comment

Hello everyone,

Since 1 year, I am beginning to repair all my electronics stuff. I am still a noob but I push really hard to improve my skills.

This forum seems to be a bible for tips and data sheet.

Hope we can exchange soon

Sylvain

Comment

Hey there

Comment

Hi, many years since I picked up a soldering iron or carried out any diagnosis on failed boards.
                    Just brushing up on skills to support the growing family, and their ever growing pile of laptops etc.

Comment

Hey there! I'm Juniper, hobbyist tinkerer and computer repair tech out in Colorado. Long time lurker that's appreciated all the info I've gathered here in the past, and looking forward to being more active!
                      All we have is each other. PLUR y'all!

Comment

Hello, happy holidays.

I joined badcaps because I was led here while trying to figure out my options for repairing the PSU of my MDD Firewire 800 PowerMac G4.

It appears there is a lot of helpful information and people here so I may be in the right place.

I claim no skill at this. I did repair the PSU on my Mac LC475 using a cap kit and videos I found online. Hopefully something similar will help me revive my G4.

Comment

Hello, thanks for hosting this forum for all of us to have a spot to discuss the vanishing concept of 'repair' instead of 'replace;' it's very much appreciated!

Comment

hello to all

Retired engineer joining in the hopes of getting some help on various electronic repairs and projects. Will post some specifics soon

Comment

Hi everybody!
                              I am in late 40s, working as industrial electrician, doing some engineering to. My hobby is making electronic stuffs using various Arduino boards and gadgets on hobby scale. I like CNC machines, tinkering and playing with my dog (American Akita).
                              Looking forward to learn something from this community and give back also to it.

Comment

Hello. I accidentally deleted my activation email. How can I get it again?

Comment

Hello everyone and happy holidays!!!

Comment

Hello there everyone,.. believe it or not, this is the most social thing I've partaken in since my wife and I split almost 2 years ago.. but it's in hopes to get some guidance down a couple different avenues.

I grew up in the 90's getting lost at computer shows/cou swap meets the, watching my dad build PC's and even r from DOS. But I digress, so I purchased a brand new Microsoft surface pro 7 256 G B Wi-Fi, and a Msi GL75 Leopard. (MSI 17E51+VER1.0) and both need repaired.
                                    Awe

So schematics would be very helpful but more importantly looking for suggestions to get into the field for a career in Cyber Sec, I.t. or general electronics repairs. Thanks!

Comment

Hi there,
                                      Mostly an electronics noob, I understand the basics and have repaired some things following the odd YouTube or guide, I think the most ambitious was a eGPU bypass on an old MBP.

Here to learn and help where I can.

Comment

Hello

Hi Guys,

My provision is in Software Development more then 10 Years, But I Also like to learn electronics from many people who already post it here.

I found this website from well known youtubers that teach repairing electronics, and i did also learn from him.

Thank you for this helpful site and I hope I can learn and get help from all ppl in this site.
                                        Happy Holliday and Christmas.

Comment

hello people,
                                          beginner IT technician here, looking forward to learn new things from the community.
                                          Have a great holiday and a fantastic year ahead! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                                          X