This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

People call me RoN. I’m here to enlighten myself about computers and their components and how they are structured.

Comment

Hello, newbie here from Virginia! I am in the process of bringing some old video recording/playing equipment back to life in order to transfer some old video tapes (Video8, Digital8, VHS, S-VHS, MiniDV and DVCAM). Looking forward to checking out this forum and excited to learn a few things that will help me bring new life into these old VCRs/decks

Comment

Hello folks,
        my wife's old laptop brought me here. When she got a new laptop from her employer, she bought off the old one. Then we found out it has a bios password, but the previous laptop owner (before her) no longer works at the company and no admin cared to about asking him about the password before handing over the laptop to my wife. So now, here I am, trying to remove the bios password. The laptop is an old thinkpad, not worth much, but i am doing it for fun. This forum has so much knowledge that I got stuck yesterday and did nothing expect for browsing this forum. So today i signed up, ordered some tools and i am looking forward to reading, patching and flashing the bios

Thank you for this great forum!

Comment

Hello. I'm here to try to learn about repairing laptops.

Comment

Well, after reading the above I feel like a new student on my first day of class, but we all learn something new every day, so this is a good thing.
            My husband taught me the basics on electricity and electronics and it grew on me. He did it for decades for a large company. I've been learning more and more every week even though I don't work in the industry.
            I don't have unlimited access to test equipment anymore but I manage to get by.
            I spend my spare time with my kittens that I rescued from a flood...a full time job in and of itself.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Davide from Italy. Kinda new to SMD, but im super excited to learn more about electronics!

Comment

New to the site and hoping to find answers to various issues as they arise. Retired now, but spent my working life in various electronics fields.

Comment

Hey, I am studying for my comptia A+ cert and decided to start researching troubleshooting for each basic important computer part listed as important to the exam like professor messer suggested I should and I found this forum, holy junk am I glad I found it.

Is this in BB code? It has been a long time since I have seen a forum in this format, my first forum when I first got dial up internet was in BB code and I have missed it.

Comment

Hi. Like ich1ich1, an old Fujitsu laptop brought me here. Somehow, the bios password reset itself! Twilight Zone stuff! :-) I'm a newby in first level tech support. I found a python script, but it didn't work.

I'm really hoping to get some help here.

Comment

Hi all! New to laptop repair. I´ve always repaired old retro consoles and old stuff. It is time to begin with newer electronics! Originally from Spain and now living in Houston TX

Comment

hello I live in France I do electronics in my spare time
                        I do small editing and most of the time I repair various objects
                        thank you for your welcome on this forum see you soon.

bonjour j'habite en France je fait de l'électronique dans mes temps perdu
                        je fait de petit montage et la plus part du temps je répare divers objet
                        merci pour votre accueil sur ce forum a bientôt .

Comment

Hi, just try to fix a TV, seems I can learn from here. so far so good

Comment

Greetings to All,

David here .. retired lecturer in electronic engineering. Interested in everything from mosfets to microprocessors to laptop computers. Looking forward to contributing when I find out how ...

You all have a nice day ,,,

Best wishes

Comment

Hello. I'm here to try to learn about repairing laptops.

Comment

Hello, my name is Adem, I have created a new registration in the forum, I have been working in the computer industry for about 12 years, my aim is to help.

Comment

Hi you can call me Ganbaa. Here for solving laptop problems I'm having.

Comment

Hi there. Try to fix KDL43W808C

Comment

Hello my name is Hay (pronounced Hi) from The Netherlands.

I have been all my life (73 now) working in electronics and still do this for a hobby. All terrains within electronics: radar systems (10 years), computers (main frames for 30+ years, HF, audio, valve amps (inc. for guitar), analogue, microcontrollers and all sorts of software related to this.

One of the things I like most is repairing equipment on which others have given up.

Since you are never too old to learn I believe I can get some very useful information from badcaps.net.
                                      Thank you for accepting me.

Hay

Comment

Hello everyone! New member to this forum and electronics in general. I have a basic foundation but very little real-world experience. I will do my best to mostly observe before asking my potentially annoying newbie questions. I have much to learn!

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Working...
                                          X