X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

My name is Bart, radioamateur, passioned to make and fix all kinds of electronic devices.

Comment

Hello, I am from Slovakia and I have problem with my Philips tv. I hope we can repair it with forum help

Comment

I joined this page with the hope of posting or asking, but no use. I don't get what's the point of making new users just to read. If a new user spam the site, then I agree, but someone seeking help is another thing.

Comment

Hello,
          I'm a retired electronics technician/instructor in Iceland.
          Interested in all kinds of technology since childhood.
          Can't understand how search engins have managed to hide badcaps.net for my entire working life and then some more!!
          Cheers!
          Þórhallur Ragnarsson
          (Non-Icelanders please just say 'Thor'

Comment

Guess I am saying Hi by posting a reply, never used forums much had problems figuring out how to introduce myself here, hope this is how I do it. 15 years ago I wrote /coded assembly language code to read the bios date from any bios chip on a pc, applied an algarythim to it to lock my software to a specific pc. It worked well, but was a pain to maintain. Like ohhh my Hard disk crashed and i need a free copy of your software now etc etc.

I now have an interest in micro chips given they are so tiny and can do so much - they reeplacing conventianal bios now and connect to EC etc. Not as easy to read the bios date from a chip these days even debug on windows 11 does not exist anymore, F000:F555 rings a bell for the date etc....

Im trying to read understand the some MEC type microchip that retails for about $10 usd a chip has a zillion pins, many inputs and outputs, locked areas that you can not read from until they unlocked by an EC etc I will be more specific latter after I have been accepted by all...Bye for now

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm trying to restore old TV - Toshiba 58L1350UC. I hope I can find help here.

Comment

Nice being here, friends hoping to learn more in this group!

Comment

Hi Guys,

New to electronics repair, currently looking for a place to get some tips and help identify components. Thanks in advance!

Cory
                  Last edited by UMAN; 12-08-2022, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Hello All, I'm First time post & not easy to me.
                    Where is New post click.
                    I'm interest any Electric equipment and Computer. Do you have any posting Pentair Easy Touch pool pumper control? I think that is ARM Base 16Bit MCU. Any one have some idea?

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm Fix It Again Tony.
                      They made me study electronics, to get a Bachelors in Civil Engineering. After a few decades, I've got some time to use it. Watched the Australian guy, and set up a nice electronics lab. Fixed our computer monitor, shredder, fans. Now working on the computer psu. It randomly shuts down. Replaced bulging caps. Then replaced the other mid sized caps. I figure, next I'll reflow solder, change smaller caps. I'll just keep fixing it again.
                      Regards,
                      FIA Tony

Comment

Hello all of you
                        just recently I find this place and it's wonderful hope soon I could share my collected knowledge and also learn from you all

Zilvinas

Comment

Hi My name is Les.
                          I completed electrotechnology at dawson college.
                          Repaired lots of electronics over the years.
                          Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Great day. I just joined here because i having problem on my patop and I need to unlock my bios setup. Hope anyone can help me

Comment

Hi, I'm Jose. I am dedicated to teaching in subjects that have little to do with this forum. But when I see a computer, I can't resist to dismantle it and learn how it works. I've joined this forum to learn.

Comment

Hi, I'm Tom from United States. Trying to unlock my laptop bios.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintysip View Post
                                  Hi everyone mi from Trinidad and Tobago i don't have much experience changing ic and finding shorts on mainboard but i have some soldering skills
                                  Welcome to the forum
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                  10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                                  6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                                  1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                                  25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                                  6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply
                                  1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                                  2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                                  All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Hello I am Di, here to find solution about bios

Comment

Hello, I'm Michael from France. I've got some background in Electronics and trying to repair all sorts of things I'm also collecting old computers especially Unix workstations.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Etienne, I'm French and I am learning about computer fix. I've worked in Surface pro touch issue (thanks to this forum) and I'm actually working on a lenovo ideapad 5 15alc05 ryzen 7

Have a nice day

Comment

I ve been doing repairs for 3 years now and since i discovered this forum everything is way easier. I am happy that this exists and i would, with great pleasure, contribute with whatever i can.

Comment

Working...
                                          X