X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

First off, let me say how impressive it is that this forum has been around since 2003! I don't know how I missed it!

In regard to myself, what to say that hasn't already been said by so many others? :-)

First computer was a Coleco Adam (strange, I know!), followed by numerous PCs. Have worked in numerous positions from UNIX admin/devops/storage admin to IT sales with too much in between to mention.

Have always been curious about electronics and have done some minor repairs/troubleshooting. Hoping to expand that knowledge by lurking and subsequently participating in the forums where appropriate.

Live in Hamilton, ON, Canada (45--90+ minutes from Toronto depending on traffic) where not much of anything happens.

Looking forward to insightful discussions!

Ron

Comment

Hello dear forum members,

I'm desperately looking for the function to create own threads, because I would like to post something looking for help and would very much like to learn in your great forum.
      Please apologize for having chosen this way via Reply.
      Could you please see to it that I am unlocked?
      Thank you very much for your effort.

Yours sincerely
      ITFan

Comment

Hello,
        I am a new member and I am hoping for some assistance with a panasonic plasma TV problem!
        thank you!!
        Renech

Comment

hello everyone, I've been working with electronics for a few years and I loved having found this forum, today I work exclusively with repairing video cards, although I still have a lot to learn and understand about the subject, I hope to help and be helped here in this wonderful environment.

Comment

Hello!

First time trying to recover a BIOS. Already picking up a lot of things from here!

destiny

Comment

Hi,
              Not much to say, mostly I just wanna be able to view the attachments when y'all took pics...

Comment

I am a person just trying to fix his TV. It is an old Samsung Plasma which I really enjoy and don't want to give up, so found this site had more relevant information than anywhere else.

Comment

Greetings, to all members, thank you for welcoming me to the forum. As mine says, I deal with servicing laptops, desktop computers and consumer electronics. I hope that we will overcome difficulties and problems related to our work and hobby. I work because I love it

Comment

Hi Everyone, new joiner from UK

Comment

I love dealing with electronic repair and computer systems, I hope this site will help me

Comment

Originally posted by pakv View Post
                        I love dealing with electronic repair and computer systems, I hope this site will help me
                        I can't open a new topic on the page admin can you help?

Comment

Hi, my name is Tom and I'm an all things electronics addict.

Thank you for letting me join.

I have been at this for, ah, since before most of were born. If anyone here knows what a Digital Equipment PDP11 or VAX 1170 or an IBM 360 computer is then you qualify for the silver hair club. Just to put that into perspective a modern cellphone has some factor larger than I can count more power than either of those mainframe computers.

I joined because I heard this forum was one of the best on the Internet to share and read about electronics problems and how they were solved.

Comment

Hi my name is Gligorije everyone call me Glisha i am from Serbia and i work with pc-s and laptops from early early times. Started to work seriously repair shop selling etc around 2002 . Now i am mainly focused on fixing motherboards , graphic cards, monitors. Also working with reselling laptops and Computers locally.
                            Last few month i just read a lot on this forum but never think to register so here we go its time to jump in ! i am not some forum maniac but i hope i will feel comfortable here with people who know what they do

Comment

Hi Everyone, my name is Kamil im from NL, hobby - fixing all kind of electronics.

Comment

HVAC controls tech here who seems to collect extended family's broken electronics.

Comment

(Wow, it's impressive how long this forum thread is. I feel like forum communities like this are far less popular nowadays.)

I'm a computer scientist in the south/southwest US with an interest in electronics, and I hope to be able to learn enough to fix this old laptop I've got.
                                  -- j

Comment

Hello all, I am here because I am locked out of the BIOS (AdminPW) on an Elitebook 9480m. Looking for some help. Thanks!

Comment

hello, my name is dany! im an electronics and programming hobbyist, i like to fix stuff. glad to be here!

Comment

Hi all,
                                        Are Alessandro Marraccini I live in Lucca, in Italy, and I love to fix things electrical / electronic equipment.
                                        Thanks for having me allowed in this forum.
                                        Buona Vita
                                        Alessandro Marraccini

Comment

Hello! My name is Chris. I work in IT in Pennsylvania, USA. I run a hardware business on the side and have joined this forum due to all the posting I have seen regarding BIOS dumps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X