hello friends

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello guys,

let's try to learn something new

Comment

Hello,
          New to the world of soldering and electrical repair. Repaired a old preamp that my dad gave me recently and joined this community to learn as much as I can.
          D.I.Y. for life.

Comment

Hi all. I'm David from Georgia (USA). I'm an IT guy by profession, but came up on the embedded systems and firmware development side before going into business software development and now enterprise architecture management.

I've been an electronics hobbyist for most of my life, and heard about Bad Caps recently from both Paul Daniel's FlexBV/OpenBoardview site as well as Learn Electronics Repair on YouTube when I attempted to repair my grandson's dead laptop, for which I needed a schematic (which I've yet to find but will be looking for here).

Comment

whats up yall im here to learn about how to modify bios. im currently messing with a bm5688 v1.5 300e rev c chromebook ..if anyone has a clean copy i would appreciate it

Comment

Hi everyone! i came here to find correct bios for my ThinkPad x1c g3

Comment

Hello! Came here to fix Dell Wyse ThinClients which are searching for BIOS recovery images.

Comment

Hey all, I am relatively new to component level repair. I am a computer science major student and have been working on motherboards mostly to pay my way through school. So far I've been lucky enough to mostly only need to do LGA pin repairs. I have started delving into the component troubleshooting and repair as of late and stumbled across this forum in my search for answers. I look forward to learning and hopefully being helpful in the future to others on here. I am located in maryland, USA and my name is Joe.

Comment

Hi from Spain. great forum, greetings to all

Comment

Hello people. Joining to learn a bit more about keeping old hardware going!

Comment

Hello Folks, it seems you need an account to lurk in this nice forum and so it is..

Comment

Re: New Members - samantha

Most people call me Sam ... I am impressed with length of time this forum is active. I am interested in fixing my LN52A750FXZA Samsung TV with horizontal and washed out screen before cycling on and off

I have disconnected the tcon board from the main board. I presume the tcon board is the one at the center top with foil shield covering the four cables to the display.
                            Disconnecting the cable allows the tv to remain in with backlight and channel reception. No display image when the cable is disconnected between the Tcon board and main board.

I am looking on line for a board to replace.

Any wisdom to share is appreciated.

Thank you for your warm welcome

Comment

Hi All, glad to have joined the forum. I'm here to learn and share what I can. I work in automation and am a lifelong electronics enthusiast.
                              Regards to all,
                              Steve

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Lucian and I live in Poland. I have been repairing stuff for quite a bit of time. Now mostly programming, but still solve technical problems from time to time.

Let's make things work again

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to have found and joined this forum. Finding quality technical information online gets harder every year, but BadCaps seems to be the happy exception.

Comment

Hi, Im from South Africa and way back in 1995 I started with computer studies in high school. I still remember Hello Nikki to be our first programming lesson but cannot remember much about the rest only know we programmed in MSDOS. I was lost most of the times as we did not have a computer at home like all my friends but miraculously passed somehow in 1997. In Grade 12 we did programming with macros in powerpoint and windows 97 was the next best thing to sliced bread. Since then i didn't have much to do with computers except for working at different banks with each their own and different operating systems and user interfaces etc. I only started playing online games 3 years ago which was also when i started working on my own car and also got into bitcoin mining which lead to me having to fic hash boards and hardware and well here i am still trying to catch up on my lack of knowledge but willing to learn and share what i have learned. Looking forward to learn from all the maestro's on here. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this forum.

Comment

Hi:

I'm Francesc, living in Catalonia.

Let's try to learn some stuff. I am really newbie with electronics.

Comment

Hello, my name is Maxim Folev. I do electrical work in the house. I've recently started trying to repair small appliances, but so far I'm not getting anywhere. I was looking for topic books on my spec and came across your forum. I will say that you have a lot of useful information on your forum, hopefully it will help me solve some of my unknowns.

Comment

Working...
                                          X