This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, thought I would say hello.. (kinda have to)..

My name is Mike and I have been buying and reselling electronics for a few years now. Don't have as much experience as a lot of people but I would say I am a very fast and eager learner. I typically work on computers but am open to everything that has value.

Comment

hi I'm 28 my name is Arson I'm gamer and a self taught in pc repairs and I want to get in repairing TVs I am a fitness fanatic mainly bodybuilding and electronics have always a fascinated me since I was a child I who take things apart to see how they work and put them back together

Comment

Hi all,
        My name is Pat. Looks like a great place to gain information. I am interested in computers and like messing with old discarded ones. I'll try to learn what I can by reading but, occasionally I'll have questions. I have much to learn and would appreciate being pointed to any useful info. Be gentle this is fairly new to me.
        Regards Pat

Comment

Hello, my names Tre. I am about to grad with my ee degree in the fall. I am always fixing something or making something. I'm a welder by trade. I got on here to find some schematics for a Samsung ln- t4061F my buddy gave me

Comment

I've been repairing/using PC's since 2010.just has a flashback<G>. I'm only now realizing the scope of this whole bad cap thing...scary. Now I learned more and sharing knowledge with others...

Comment

Hello Everyone! My name is Kyle and I am just starting to repair TVs as a hobby. I am an Engineer and excited to learn more about this field! Any tips and suggestions are appreciated!

Comment

Hello, I'm Nate. Looks like the best place on the net for electronics repair advice. I've had a monitor go bad on me that I want to try and save... so I figured I could look up some info on here about it.

Comment

Just jumping on board, glad I found this forum and looking forward to give (and take away) lots of useful knowledge here. In the middle of a project now but wanted to post and get this out of the way.

Comment

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Not a tech, per se, just have a badly behaving TV I am trying to repair and need some input from someone who does this stuff for a living, or at least more than once a decade. Thanks for any insights and looking forward to the forums.

N2TR

Comment

Hi all, I'm Max from Italy. I'm here due to a google search about Hanns G backlight fault Hoping to find (and give) solutions.

Comment

Hi, My name is Burt Cummings and I work for the Army. I am new to the forum and just wanted to pass along that the level of expertise I have found in this forum has far surpassed my expectations. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Thanks,
                        BC

Comment

My name is Jason Davis and I work on servers at a datacenter for a fortune 100 company. I know lots about computers in general (OS's, hardware, networking, etc).

I am here because I've got a bad plasma and am really wanting to fix it. I have learned tons already from this site from reading the forums but can't quite pinpoint my issue and am looking for help.

Thanks,
                          JD

Comment

hi guys,

Another new member here. Name is Joe and i live in Hudson Valley area of NY. Spent 25+ years as a systems developer. Studied electronical technology in college which seems like it's been ages ago but I'm not afraid to get under the hood to try and figure out what may be wrong with something that's not working. I find the biggest challenge is getting specs for comparison purposes and then the replacement components if I'm lucky enough to pinpoint a problem. Currently trying to get a mid-2009 MBP working again after it had a runin with some water. Hoping I might get some help from some of the experts out there.

Comment

hi my name is Basit Zia.. I am a student of BCS.. i am 25 years old.. i like to mess with electronics.. i am here to seek help from experts..

Comment

New to this forum but active in Macbook repair on another forum. Currently having some difficulty with a lightning surge damaged Panasonic Viera Plasma TV. Will post to an appropriate sub-forum.

Greetings from Canada Eh?
                                Fix it... Don't ditch it.

Comment

Hello guys, just joined.. Have dealt with bad caps for so long including a 2008 Samsung LCD, that Samsung refused repair on, and after I repaired it myself by replacing a few caps, and replacing a mainboard it destroyed, Samsung then offered free repair, but wouldn't pay me back as I repaired it myself.. (this was a couple years ago, TV still works today, haha).

Comment

Hi.
                                    I'm a hardware technician. I hope i can help whenever i can. And also find some solutions among you.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I am a well certed IT consultant (fancy title for I do too much crap to label myself). I recently started to foray into CRT/LCD Repair (CRTs are mainly Arcade refurbishments) and thought this would be a great place for me to offer knowledge, as well as receive some advice on TV repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Cheers, everyone!

Comment

Hello, I have started a subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/tvrepair and while researching television repair I ran across your site, it looks amazing! I am glad to be a member here and look forward to troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X